Gimmicky team will flounder | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gimmicky team will flounder

One thing is for sure. We still have moronic Miami Dolphins fans that think they know it all. Marino is a good choice, and hiring someone (Spielman) within the organization as GM is a good move. Mueller sucks (new Orleans) Ron Wolf (Packers) looks like he is about to keel over and there really wan't a whole lot else out there.

Originally posted by ac_lanham

Dude OMFG what are you smoking? It's not like people are BORN having GM experience, everyone, including the great RON WOLF had to start off somewhere, it's not like we're picking up an Average Joe off the street, this guy's got credentials and I bet Detroit would've been more that happy to make him their GM after Millen gets the shoe

Had any other team inquired as to Speilman's availability? I think the only team to interview him was his own. :confused:

Originally posted by chambers84
One thing is for sure. We still have moronic Miami Dolphins fans that think they know it all. Marino is a good choice, and hiring someone (Spielman) within the organization as GM is a good move. Mueller sucks (new Orleans) Ron Wolf (Packers) looks like he is about to keel over and there really wan't a whole lot else out there.

Mueller does not suck. I have not seen anyone bad mouth his moves in NO. PERIOD.
Well except you...but I'm sure you can understand why I place such miniscule value in your regurgitation.

Thats because he was talking to his own team about the position. That's to much to ask for a person to talk to 5 other teams at the same time.

Wow, this seems like a nice little conversation to further draw the line into which camp each person is in. I can see Superself's points. Lets face it, Dan has NO experience as a front office type. NONE. This is all new to him and he will definately have to learn on the job. I kind of envision him starting very slowly, soaking upo info and eventually, probably sometime next year, fully exerting his power and presence. Whether that is good or not, who knows, but I can't wait to find out.
I don't buy the argument that great players don't make great fornt office types, or coaches. Jerry West, one of the best basketball players of all time (his likeness is the NBA logo) is considered the best GM in basketball and has been for years. Mike Ditka was a tremendous player and excellent coach. Chris Mullin, best known during his basketball days with the Golden State Warriors (in my opinion a future hall of famer as well) has done an excellent job as the assistant G.M. out here in the Bay Area.

I feel that this is somewhat a P.R. move to start. However, I believe Wayne, Eddie and co. are banking on training Dan in the areas he doesn't know and letting his strangths shine through to help complement them. I like the change more than anything.

As for him being on the sidelines on gameday, I sure hope not. That would completely undermine the Head Coach and I don't think Dan is that stupid to od something like that.

As far as Rick Spielman goes, I like the idea as well. I feel he has a great eye for talent and seems to have a knack for the salary cap along with that Brian fellow. I don't know much about him other than he is Howie Long's stunt double, so I will have to defer to Owner an team President in this matter. Both said, along with help from the highly respected Ron Wolf, that Rick was the man for the job. No one was better. I respect their decsion and hope it turns out for the best.

Now my question to both sides is this. If after this offseason, regular seaosn or hopefully postseason, would you be willing to eat crow on this board and say you were wrong? If Danny and Rick stumble and this team goes into the toilet, would the Pro side of the fence stand up and own up? If we hit it big and make a deep playoff run, would you naysayers stand up?

Originally posted by fin-atic

What is with you? Do you just deny the truth?

FACT: Your candidate Savage is LESS qualified on paper and in results then Speilman.

FACT: This is an upgrade over Wanny doing it all.

FACT: Speilman is one of the most respected talent evaluators in the league. He was the best choice.

Hiring Marino to kick everyone in the a$$ is just gravy. He will keep this organization focused.

Still waiting for those BETTER choices...

I like looking at it this way as well Finatic.
My only questions are if Marino really will be given the power to keep Wanny in his place and if Speilman will have the cajones to overide Wanny's input on personnel when the situation arises.
If so how will Wanny react? Will everyone put ego's aside to lead the team or will resentment and a negative atmosphere arise?
These are big questions that only time will reveal the answers to.

Remember, Wanny is responsible for bringing Speilman here and Wanny was Speilmans boss. Speilman having the final say on personnel moves now over Wanny is a big turnaround.
Let's see how the organization handles this.

Superself:

None of my facts were opinions. You make all these BS statements and you have yet to back one single thing up. I mean tell me with facts how is Mueller, Thompson or Savage better than Speilman? I have told you why they are not. Mueller getting canned twice is not an opinion. The Saints, Seahawks, and Ravens not being as good as we are is not an opinion, it is fact. Dude you are just being stubborn and stirring the pot. Speilman is well respected and it is documented in the media as team officials from around the league have commented on his skills frequently. No one pursued Speilman because he is under contract in Miami and was up for the promotion here. Do you know that he wasn't contacted?

It's negative people like you who don't get it. I take a lot of heat on this board for being negative but you beat me by a mile. I am negative about things that have a proven hsitory, like Jay and Wanny's incompetence. But you man, you just jump right up and make these statements of disaster like you are a better business man than Wayne is. Do you think he hasn't talked to Ron Wolfe and every other advisor in the NFL about this? Of course he has. He has forgotten more about running an entity than you will ever know.

I think with no more than you have brought to this argument, i.e., a lack of facts and nothing but hollow statements of disaster, you need to go be a Jet fan. You obviously are just hating on the Fins just for entertainment value and to bait the rest of us. You have no foundation for your argument so you must be here in disguise trying to create trouble.

Pakc your bags and go back to Jersey. Your Green family awaits.

Originally posted by Samphin
[
Now my question to both sides is this. If after this offseason, regular seaosn or hopefully postseason, would you be willing to eat crow on this board and say you were wrong? If Danny and Rick stumble and this team goes into the toilet, would the Pro side of the fence stand up and own up? If we hit it big and make a deep playoff run, would you naysayers stand up? [/B]

Well, let me just put it to you this way. Was Eddie Jones any one important in this organization to anyone? I dont even know who he is and what he does. Now Dan Marino, i know who he is, and so does everyone else. that is what makes this so controversial. it gives something for people to talk about.

But its kind of funny, when you always think positive, you find positive things to say about this move. Here are my positives to Dan being the man once again:

1) Dan Marino is the classiest person, not to mention the most talented dolphin ever, that this organization has ever seen(besides maybe shula, who probably has bowel movement probs every day now).
2) He has been involved or been around every major decision this organization has made since being here.
3) He knows everyone top to bottom real well in this organization.
4) I would think everyone would go absolutely gaga working for a man like Dan. I know i would love going to work everyday with my boss being Dan Marino.
5) He is very young as is Spielman which means some serious stability for a long time to come for this organization.
6) You know Dan will get the Org. involved in charities like no other.
7) you know Dan knows when a QB can throw it or not.
8) Dan is a serious family man and cares about people
9) He commands respect just with his presence and yet is a person who you can talk to.

need i go on?

these are some of the things i just email to dan lebatard.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Superself:

None of my facts were opinions. You make all these BS statements and you have yet to back one single thing up. I mean tell me with facts how is Mueller, Thompson or Savage better than Speilman? I have told you why they are not. Mueller getting canned twice is not an opinion. The Saints, Seahawks, and Ravens not being as good as we are is not an opinion, it is fact. Dude you are just being stubborn and stirring the pot. Speilman is well respected and it is documented in the media as team officials from around the league have commented on his skills frequently. No one pursued Speilman because he is under contract in Miami and was up for the promotion here. Do you know that he wasn't contacted?

It's negative people like you who don't get it. I take a lot of heat on this board for being negative but you beat me by a mile. I am negative about things that have a proven hsitory, like Jay and Wanny's incompetence. But you man, you just jump right up and make these statements of disaster like you are a better business man than Wayne is. Do you think he hasn't talked to Ron Wolfe and every other advisor in the NFL about this? Of course he has. He has forgotten more about running an entity than you will ever know.

I think with no more than you have brought to this argument, i.e., a lack of facts and nothing but hollow statements of disaster, you need to go be a Jet fan. You obviously are just hating on the Fins just for entertainment value and to bait the rest of us. You have no foundation for your argument so you must be here in disguise trying to create trouble.

Pakc your bags and go back to Jersey. Your Green family awaits.

LOL! Very funny.

I don't mean to be funny, but do you truly know the difference between FACT and OPINION??? ....and to that, I challenge anyone on this board to dispute where I labeled Fin-actics opinions as such. Those were not facts buddy.

Again, you harp on him being fired 2x....well damn, even Shula was fired. Marino was fired....so what who CARES!

If you look at my past posts, you will see that I'm not a negative person. I'm just giving you my opinion on what Wayne did.

How dare you say I beat you by a mile when it comes to negativity just because I disagree with you??!!
What this boils down to is that you seem frustrated with me because I simply disagree with you.

If you fail to understand the difference between FACT and OPINION, then I'm just done with you....would you like a good source to look them up?

Originally posted by Superself

Had any other team inquired as to Speilman's availability? I think the only team to interview him was his own. :confused:

:lol: i love it supersluff. you try to make a point and you walk all over yourself.

Facts: the Detroit Lions wanted badly to get Rick Spielman as their GM last year and were waiting for him to not get this job so they could dish Matt Millen to the dogs.
secondly, Rick got a lot of Kudos from writers like Peter King about how good a GM he would be and how much detail and hard work he puts into the job.

Im not sure if anyone would have been having their eye on him but i do know that he is a up and comer and is defenitely getting his recognition. His getting the job yesterday after having guys like Mueller and the guy from the ravens, shows you just how much more he knows. Wolf walked into his place and said that the organization was rigged for success basically and that he has never seen anything like it.

Back
Top Bottom