Gimmicky team will flounder | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gimmicky team will flounder

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

he basically was the GM! the only problem was he didn't have the final say. he was the one who did the williams trade, and he's the one who wanted to draft Chad Johnson over Fletcher, Boldin over Moore, etc..

the guy is qualified to be the GM.

People keep saying this, but I have not seen a reliable source.

Originally posted by Superself

He still does not have GM experience.

oh my god, someone get a doctor.:eek: yeah, ron wolf walks into our setup and basically says we have all the tools in place to find anything about anyone at anytime. that to me is spielman knowing what the hell is going on and putting in 16 hour days to the tee. He is a GM now superslut, and it makes me happy:D

Well, I for one am pretty much sure we would not have gotten Ricky if it wasn't for Speilman. Dave is too much of a pansy to make a move like that.

Speilman has made other good moves also.

We really don't know that. We all DO know miami was going to upgrade their RB position....since we were obviously willing to give up high picks, I would have to assume if we had NOT gotten Ricky, we would have picked up another top RB.

What is with you? Do you just deny the truth?

FACT: Your candidate Savage is LESS qualified on paper and in results then Speilman.

FACT: This is an upgrade over Wanny doing it all.

FACT: Speilman is one of the most respected talent evaluators in the league. He was the best choice.

Hiring Marino to kick everyone in the a$$ is just gravy. He will keep this organization focused.

Still waiting for those BETTER choices...

Originally posted by finfan54

oh my god, someone get a doctor.:eek: yeah, ron wolf walks into our setup and basically says we have all the tools in place to find anything about anyone at anytime. that to me is spielman knowing what the hell is going on and putting in 16 hour days to the tee. He is a GM now superslut, and it makes me happy:D

down there keyboard warrior...you look really mean and make me scared. your name calling has me crapping my pants.

Originally posted by fin-atic

What is with you? Do you just deny the truth?

FACT: Your candidate Savage is LESS qualified on paper and in results then Speilman.

FACT: This is an upgrade over Wanny doing it all.

FACT: Speilman is one of the most respected talent evaluators in the league. He was the best choice.

Hiring Marino to kick everyone in the a$$ is just gravy. He will keep this organization focused.

Still waiting for those BETTER choices...

1st FACT is your opinion.
2nd FACT is your opinion.
3rd FACT is your opinion based on someone else's opinion.

None of the above seems to move me. Maybe if some of it were FACT, I'd be moved...but only slightly.

As I have stated before, there were more qualified people that were interviewed who I think can do a better job.

I believe Dan has so much desire on game day he will probably be on the side line pump everybody up if something goes wrong he will chew their a$$ off after the game. he will be at practice to help the qb's and players knowing Dan. You can't say that kind of fire and incouragement won' t help the team and there desire. This is a perfect move. Spielman upstairs working his a$$ off in the offseason. I believe he will sign someone that will lift you off of your feet in enjoyment.

Originally posted by Noland
I believe Dan has so much desire on game day he will probably be on the side line pump everybody up if something goes wrong he will chew their a$$ off after the game. he will be at practice to help the qb's and players knowing Dan. You can't say that kind of fire and incouragement won' t help the team and there desire. This is a perfect move. Spielman upstairs working his a$$ off in the offseason. I believe he will sign someone that will lift you off of your feet in enjoyment.

I just don't see it that way. Only Dan has that type of desire. I doubt VERY seriously he could instill that same kind of desire in others. Similar to what Michael Jordan did with the Wizards....basically nothing....and he was fired.

I'd hate to see Danny assist in sending Miami down the toilet and hear fans screaming to fire him.

Just don't think this will work out as everyone expects it to. It LOOKS good on paper, but that is a continuing theme in Miami that I wish would end.

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Well, I for one am pretty much sure we would not have gotten Ricky if it wasn't for Speilman. Dave is too much of a pansy to make a move like that.

Speilman has made other good moves also.

Factoid: Dave Wannstedt met Ricky in the airport in the offseason and they had a conversation. short while later......ricky was a dolphin. Spielman took it from there.

Superself it sounds like you don't have no faith in Dan or you just don't like Dan one. He has prove everybody wrong on the field he is a smart guy he is going to have to prove all yall negative people wrong again.

Don't take this wrong just an opinion.

I just don't see it that way. Only Dan has that type of desire. I doubt VERY seriously he could instill that same kind of desire in others.

Leadership bro. He can spread it.

Originally posted by Noland
Superself it sounds like you don't have no faith in Dan or you just don't like Dan one. He has prove everybody wrong on the field he is a smart guy he is going to have to prove all yall negative people wrong again.

Don't take this wrong just an opinion.

Faith? yeah, maybe on the field....but up in the front office?
nah. Like I said, the really really great athletes rarely can translate that greatness in the front office.

I could be wrong, but what if I'm right?

Don't think negative think like a winner positive.

Michael Jordan failed because of no experience that is true but he had to rebuild the whole team in two years the best president or GM can't do that unless there was alot of money to spend but there was'nt. There was to many expectations on him. Marino has got a good team with the exception of 4 or 5 players. You are actiing like he and Spielman took over to rebuild the whole team. they will get the players and do good next year an by year after next they will be more experienced and be ever better only time will tell.

I could be wrong but I rather be positive I had to try to be psitive when Fiedler was starting. I think I can be positive with Marino around.

He still does not have GM experience.

Dude OMFG what are you smoking? It's not like people are BORN having GM experience, everyone, including the great RON WOLF had to start off somewhere, it's not like we're picking up an Average Joe off the street, this guy's got credentials and I bet Detroit would've been more that happy to make him their GM after Millen gets the shoe

Back
Top Bottom