Give me hope playoff scenario gurus.. any chance we dont play @ KC or @ Buff in the 1st round? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give me hope playoff scenario gurus.. any chance we dont play @ KC or @ Buff in the 1st round?

gotta root for the Steelers and Jags because if they win and we win the Bills are out.

That makes Steelers @ Dolphins WC.

That is the absolute best case scenario remaining.
And as the 2 seed we would play at home again after beating the Steelers and could host an afc championship game
If someone beats Baltimore

We would also need Steelers win.
Actually we need a Ravens win.

I actually just noticed that myself for my scenario.

Besides us beating Buffalo and Tennessee beating Jax… we would also need a Baltimore win over Pittsburgh for my scenario.

A Pittsburgh win over Baltimore will send Buffalo to us even if Tennessee beats Jax now.

So to avoid Buffalo if we win next week… we need Tennessee over Jax AND Baltimore over Pittsburgh or Buffalo is staying in Miami for the week.

Dolphins 1st Round Playoff Matchup Probabilities
(updated after late games)

vs. Bills = 38%
@ Chiefs = 36%
vs. Steelers = 16%
vs. Jaguars = 10%
vs. Colts = <1%
vs. Texans = <1%

Dolphins 1st Round Playoff Matchup Probabilities
(updated after late games)

vs. Bills = 38%
@ Chiefs = 36%
vs. Steelers = 16%
vs. Jaguars = 10%
vs. Colts = <1%
vs. Texans = <1%
I would put the at KC probability at 70%.
Does anyone really think this defense is going to contain Josh Allen? Especially with Chubb gone.
Does anyone think after today coaching ineptness they can win a big time pressure game?

Of course we want to beat the Bills and win the division - apart from whatever happens in the playoffs. BUT out of context, and for discussions sake, just looking at the 1st rd playoffs - would you rather host Buffalo, or visit Indy, Jax, Houston, or KC?
Any team other than the Bills.

To avoid the Bills in a 2-7 matchup we need Jax and Pitt to win or Tenn and Baltimore to win. I think the easiest of those 4 to predict is Jax over Tenn. So assuming Jax wins, we want Pittsburgh.

Besides us beating Buffalo and Tennessee beating Jax… we would also need a Baltimore win over Pittsburgh for my scenario.

A Pittsburgh win over Baltimore will send Buffalo to us even if Tennessee beats Jax now.

So to avoid Buffalo if we win next week… we need Tennessee over Jax AND Baltimore over Pittsburgh or Buffalo is staying in Miami for the week.
Wrong

We need jags win and Steelers win ti eliminate Buffalo assuming we win

To avoid Buffalo… we need either Tenn and Baltimore to win or either Pittsburgh and Jax to win.

I think it’s vital to avoid Buffalo if at all possible.

Back
Top Bottom