one of these
Dickerson, Humphrey, Meinerz

one of these
Collins, Ojulari, J. Davis, E. Smith, Tryon, Oweh

one of these
Harris, Williams, Etienne, Gainwell, Mitchell

I am good

Last edited:
That's doable. I've been reading that NFL teams are higher on Basham than what mock drafts are showing. That makes sense to me.

I think he goes late first round, maybe as early as 20. Sample could be there at #81. Paye probably goes top 15.

Getting one of those centers might be challenging, unless Grier is willing to spend pick #36. The Jets are a team to watch with lots of draft capital. I would say it's a good bet Dickerson is there at #36. Meinerz should be at 50, maybe 81. But he is still a project at center IMO.

Collins or Ojulari would have to be at #18, I think.

Chase
Paye
Humphrey
Collins
and if we take the above 4... all of those RBs may be gone... so maybe Gainwell.
Grier may have to make the choice of drafting a plug and play center at #36 or one of the top three running backs.

I do like Carter after the top three.

I'm a little confused. Where are the right tackles (protect Tua's Blindside)? Do we even have one on our roster because I don't see one.

Chase
Paye
Humphrey
Collins
and if we take the above 4... all of those RBs may be gone... so maybe Gainwell.
We'll trade down 1-2 spots in the first, get an extra second, and we'll take Javonte Williams there.

We'll trade down 1-2 spots in the first, get an extra second, and we'll take Javonte Williams there.
That's a possibility... though, if we do that, we'll likely lose Pitts or Chase.

I'm hopeful however.

In a perfect world.

We need the Lions, Panthers or Broncos to really want Mac Jones or Trey Lance.

Grier may have to make the choice of drafting a plug and play center at #36 or one of the top three running backs.

I do like Carter after the top three.
I think if we believe Humphrey is worth #36, then we should be priorizing the C position over RB. I wish I could include Dickerson, but that injury history is not good. Wouldn't draft him before #50, and I don't know if I'd ever feel comfortable relying on him despite my belief in his ability.

I don't like that we really only have a wildcard discount center that has proven to be solid in the past, but was also benched last year. We have no idea which Skura we're getting.

You want competence across your oline. I think having a weak link there can be much more detrimental to the team than having to settle on the RB pairing of one of the 2nd tier guys (like Carter or Gainwell) and Gaskin.

That's a possibility... though, if we do that, we'll likely lose Pitts or Chase.

I'm hopeful however.

Neither of them might get to us anyway. I could live with Smith or Waddle over Pitts or Chase if I get Williams, too, tbh. I wouldn't be shedding a tear over that.

Back
Top Bottom