Give me one of these | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give me one of these

The thing is with staying at 12 as opposed to moving up to 6 ... while I feel pretty good that we'd get one of those four receiving targets or an impact defensive player, it wasn't as certain. We didn't overpay to move up to 6, but we now we're in a position where we can dictate some things in this draft better than at 12. We gave ourselves flexibility. We have teams that want QBs and that 6 pick is a hub because the Dolphins don't necessarily need to be there ... but several other teams would like to be or need to be.

It affords the Dolphins the ability to shape the upper half of the draft, induce a bidding war, and then the Dolphins can make a second team overpay to trade up.

Here's the other thing ... the Dolphins shaping the top 10 will have a trickle-down effect. All these QBs going early helps the Dolphins in a lot of ways, and it's making some very talented prospects slip. You weren't talking about the possibility of Parsons or Kwity Paye or Rousseau being on the board at 18 before Jones shot up the board. Now you might have the Dolphins sitting at 18 with more than one of them still on the board ... and there's more opportunity that comes with that.
Yup... it's a possibility... and I hope you are right, but I would have remained at 12. I hated giving up that #1. If we get one back... or a couple of #2s, I'll change my tune.

Yup... it's a possibility... and I hope you are right, but I would have remained at 12. I hated giving up that #1. If we get one back... or a couple of #2s, I'll change my tune.

Warm up the band.

Warm up the band.
I like your optimism...

Parsons would probably do more for us than anyone else... he's a truly unique player who might become a dominant NFL player if we don't ask him to think too much. If we moved down to 9 or so, and got Parsons... I'll sing a song for you.

I don't think Humphrey is a great fit for many teams that want those mobile centers that can pull. That's going to limit the number of teams that will take him. He is a great fit for Miami though.
It's weird bc his pro day numbers would have you believe he's among the most mobile center prospects we've seen. But the tape says otherwise.

Another case where u can't trust the underwear Olympics.

But in general this year has far too many players posting significantly better than expected numbers. Either this is possibly the most athletic class ever, or the "pro days replacing combine" experiment has been an unreliable bust.

Smith, Chase, Pitts, Waddle, Bateman

one of these
Paye, Basham, Sample

one of these
Dickerson, Humphrey, Meinerz

one of these
Collins, Ojulari, J. Davis, E. Smith

one of these
Harris, Williams, Etienne, Gainwell, Mitchell

I am good
For me all I want is:

One of
Smith, Pitts, Waddle,

one of these

one of these
Harris, Williams, Etienne

If we did that, then I'd be pretty happy. There are other guys I want like Ritchie Grant, JOK, Zaven Collins, Eskridge and others, but if we hit the top categories I'd feel the draft was a success. (The other thing I wanted was a future first, but we have that).

I like your optimism...

Parsons would probably do more for us than anyone else... he's a truly unique player who might become a dominant NFL player if we don't ask him to think too much. If we moved down to 9 or so, and got Parsons... I'll sing a song for you.

You should know me well enough not to call me an optimist ....

It's weird bc his pro day numbers would have you believe he's among the most mobile center prospects we've seen. But the tape says otherwise.

Another case where u can't trust the underwear Olympics.
I was surprised too.

Too many fans and media (even teams) focus too much on measureables. I care more about how fast you are on the field than on the track. I care more about the strength you show on the field than what your bench press or weight says.

I like your optimism...

Micah can think. I have absolutely no issues with Micah as a football player. Micah's concerns are whether or not an organization is willing to put up with the nonsense he potentially brings off the field. But this kid is football in every sense of preparation and play on the field. He just is willing to get caught up with distractions, start a Twitter war with someone or something like that ... at 3 or 6, I don't want that. At 18, it'd be hard to pass up. In a normal year and with normal social media habits. Micah Parsons is a top-seven guy off the board.

Micah can think. I have absolutely no issues with Micah as a football player. Micah's concerns are whether or not an organization is willing to put up with the nonsense he potentially brings off the field. But this kid is football in every sense of preparation and play on the field. He just is willing to get caught up with distractions, start a Twitter war with someone or something like that ... at 3 or 6, I don't want that. At 18, it'd be hard to pass up. In a normal year and with normal social media habits. Micah Parsons is a top-seven guy off the board.
Here's where Flores might be able to help...

Some of these guys need a father figure and do well when they get a guy like Flores. Others are Isaiah Wilson... obviously, it's a risk.

I've long been the guy who wants to roll the dice on players in the first round however, I love the idea of these high ceiling, but bustable players in that spot. If you hit on these guys, you get the All Pros.

Full disclosure... last year I wanted Bechton, and Chaisson... so these are the guys that I gravitate to in the first round.

Smith, Chase, Pitts, Waddle, Bateman

one of these
Paye, Basham, Sample

one of these

one of these
Collins, Ojulari, J. Davis, E. Smith

one of these
Harris, Williams, Etienne, Gainwell, Mitchell

I am good
you're easy to please, aren't ya...lol

Fair enough. Personally, I don't see a great deal of difference, and, I think in terms of fitting what the Dolphins lack, Waddle becomes closer to Chase in terms of impact and value.

I'm not ruling out that either Chase, Pitts or both still is on the board at 7 or 8 either. I know everyone's in love with the generation talent that is Pitts. I'm looking at the teams in the top 8, though ... you need to have slots where people aren't going elsewhere. It's not out of the question that 5 of the first 6 picks are QBs ... I said a couple of months ago when Jones' stock started to rise that I thought 5 QBs would go top 10 and Trask would end up in the first round and no one listened, which is fine, but that's how it appears to be playing out. There are a lot of QB-hungry teams and there's a deeper crop of potentially elite QBs in this draft than 2022.

The Falcons are the one that will most impact the Dolphins. If they go Pitts. And yeah, there's this talk that Burrow wants the Bengals to take Chase over the guy who can keep him upright, and Cincy has to consider that, but, you know, there are fewer OTs in Sewell's category in this draft than WRs that can produce. Bengals put Sewell at LT ... they draft Toney to start the second round ... they've done a lot more to improve themselves than drafting Chase and gambling on a developmental lineman in the second round.

Now you're talking about -- barring the Lions trading out of 7 (and they potentially could trade with the Dolphins to move up to 6, too) -- the possibility of Pitts, Chase, Waddle, Smith still on the board at 7, as well as the best defensive player in the draft, since the first six all would be offense.

Sure, it might not work out that way, but there are reasons to think it might.
You bring up a great possibility. Lets say Chase/Waddel/Sewell is taken before #6. A team such as the Panthers or the Bronco's want to move ahead of Detroit for a QB, they might have to give up more on draft day to accomplish this. I am good with Miami moving back but do not want to see them move out of the top 10. Then again, they might be looking at someone that we are not discussing. Can't wait for the draft as this dead period kills me.

And it's always better with a few of these:

:UP:šŸ»:pnkr:šŸŗ:munch::ffic::cheers:

Its funny, everyone (myself included) is pretty much finding different ways to say the same things over and over again.
Yup same subject different thread. And its totally funny everyones repeating what they posted on the other threads lol

Back
Top Bottom