Give me one reason why you expect to be better in 2007? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give me one reason why you expect to be better in 2007?

I'm a fan from the Shula/Marino years (1983-on) During that run I was spoiled from the teams amazing consistency each and every year, fighting for and usually making the playoffs. In the mini-drought we had in the late 1980's, Marino's ability and sheer entertainment value alone was worth the price of admission because even though we we're undermanned, with #13, we we're never out.

Fast forward to today, we are on our 4th new coach, who doesn't strike me as a qualified (experienced) person to lead us. Our QB situation is shrouded with unknowns, is Green healthy?, can Beck get it done if need be, will Cleo Lemon make the team? It might be the single biggest issue for me personally since I feel this Culpepper fiasco was not handled properly from Jump.

Adding to this sense of "here we go again" is the new offensive line that will need to come together (again) the old front 7 on defense (again...and older) that seems to buckle in crunch times, the suspect d-backs (again) and our number one pick who might not be 100% this year (or ever). Can Cam coach and call all of the plays?

Although you all have raised some valid points that seem to make sense, I will need to see something stand out during the preseason if I want to truly raise the flag of optimism.

Let's see what happens. I hope for the best, but my personal recollection of Dolphin greatness is in Sepia tones.

Did you get fired today, or something?

That will be awesome Oz, a preseason without one of your reports, is a very uninformed preseason...that is too scary for me to even think about, I need my fix here in Jersey.

It will be my pleasure...

I sure am. I can't go as much as some people because I live over 70 miles from Davie but I'm going to try and get out one report a day for the first few days then sprinkle in as many as I can after that.......

That's what I'm talking about... dedication! when I read threads that want people to "convince" them on why they should be a fan or why they should be excited about the Phin's direction I just want to show them how "real" Dolfans act.... like you for instance.
Thanx Ozzy. You know we'll be waiting anxiously for any and all reports given.

Kudos to all camp reporters.

Easy tiger, I'm fairly confident that both posters know the correct name of the greatest head coach in the history of all professional sports. I believe the first poster was being funny (he has a history of that sort of thing) and the second poster just ran with it.

Yep we were just joking.

That's what I'm talking about... dedication! when I read threads that want people to "convince" them on why they should be a fan or why they should be excited about the Phin's direction I just want to show them how "real" Dolfans act.... like you for instance.
Thanx Ozzy. You know we'll be waiting anxiously for any and all reports given.

Kudos to all camp reporters.

Thanks and I'll go one step further. To me there are some really dedicated fans right here, who sit and wait on this site for the camp reports to roll in.

I've also said this a million times but the pleasure of camp is really enjoyed by me. I get to go, see it live, and catch a tan. So why not give back to those who can't go? I don't do it for popularity. I do it for fun, going on 15 years or so........

Because in Cams only stint as a HC in Indiana, things did not go well, yet he stuck it out, Saban on the other hand is a mercenary (Hired gun that will get bored quickly and never stick it out too long)

...before people now start jumping on the "Then Cam must stink as a HC" comeback, it was his 1st shot, did a great job with that offense, but could do nothing with the Defense. As long as his team has a somewhat adequate defensive mind, teams that Cam Coaches will be competitive....and unlike Mr Unreliable, he will be here no matter good times or hard.

Glad you answered my question. I wasn't certain how his stint at Indiana ended. Good to hear he duked it out and didn't cut and run

No limp wristed throwing of the challange flag, no idiot coach running his hands through his hair, or a college coach way over his head.

Seriously, I have lost my faith. Many of you seem to be entrhalled by various rankings, camp reports and soundbytes, but give me some truth!
Tell me why 2007 will be different than 2006/5/4/3/2...:confused:
One reason? Ok. More offensive talent.

Seriously, I have lost my faith. Many of you seem to be entrhalled by various rankings, camp reports and soundbytes, but give me some truth!
Tell me why 2007 will be different than 2006/5/4/3/2...:confused:

I am with you. And I totally understand exactly how you feel.

I don't think this is about 2007. If it were, I would just hang out with my Airedale puppy and hope the Bucs lose every Sunday.

But this is about the future. And for the first time in a while, we have a chance to be optimistic about three or four years down the road.

Cam wasn't my first choice, but he's our coach now and I hope hes successful. If not, we'll have to make another change. But there is alot to like about some of the young players on this team. Now they just need to develop and take the next step (Ronnie Brown!). If they do, we could be a playoff team in 2008 and 2009 and beyond.

Cam Cameron- Calling the plays this year so we dont have to have M.M. calling screen plays on 3 and 20

Trent Green- Gives us not only a mentor to John Beck but also a vetern QB who has another 2 good years left in the tank and could make or break this team. If he plays well theres no reason why this team shouldnt be in the playoff hunt

Ronnie Brown- Is going to breakout this year. Behind a miserable O-Line last year and missing 3 games due to injury if Ronnie stays healthy he will be a complete monster this year.

WR Core- With the first vetern QB since Marino the WR will finally get catchale passes

D- Top 5 D last year in the NFL and we added Joey Porter....Yeah I know, scary thought.

Because its the dolphins. If your a true fan then you have to believe. Any given Sunday. Right now, everyone's undefeated. And all those other cliches.
Besides, if we didn't hope the team would be better, we wouldn't watch and be fans....

Back
Top Bottom