Give the NHL to Canada | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Give the NHL to Canada

"The key right there is you played soccer in elementary school" -02

hello...please re-read...where did I say that I only played it in elementary?

EVERYONE plays it in elementary..and that is my point to why it is easier to play/organize.

again sorry if my comments sound ridiculous...I was just offering my opinion being I have played both....I've been kicked in the shin before and yes it hurts...ok...you're right. Soccer is much more brutal.

I tell you what, here in New Jersey, we have one of the more dominant teams of recent in hockey in the Devils, last year's Stanley Cup champions, and I don't think anyone in the state could give a damn. But that's Dirty Jers for you. The Meadowlands is like going to a warehouse. What a sh**hole. Like the Nets there too-2 time defending Eastern Conference champs and no one cares. I'm not sure who mentioned it, but in regard to the sold out games at Giants Stadium for soccer this past summer, and in Philly, you have to remember you had some great clubs there. Juventus, Manchester United,etc. It's not like the Metrostars were playing the Crew. But I never had much of an appreciation for soccer, until I just went to Ireland. Man oh man, what a scene at the pubs for the sport. Anyway, hockey has no future here, I think, because it is just not a strong revenue sport. Look at those ridiculous salaries some of these cats make. My head almost exploded when I saw what some of these dudes made compared to NFL players. Un freaking believable. An impending work stoppage could be instant doom for the NHL. And all of the mulletheads in the league.

Originally posted by jcork_NJ
I tell you what, here in New Jersey, we have one of the more dominant teams of recent in hockey in the Devils, last year's Stanley Cup champions, and I don't think anyone in the state could give a damn. But that's Dirty Jers for you. The Meadowlands is like going to a warehouse. What a sh**hole. Like the Nets there too-2 time defending Eastern Conference champs and no one cares. I'm not sure who mentioned it, but in regard to the sold out games at Giants Stadium for soccer this past summer, and in Philly, you have to remember you had some great clubs there. Juventus, Manchester United,etc. It's not like the Metrostars were playing the Crew. But I never had much of an appreciation for soccer, until I just went to Ireland. Man oh man, what a scene at the pubs for the sport. Anyway, hockey has no future here, I think, because it is just not a strong revenue sport. Look at those ridiculous salaries some of these cats make. My head almost exploded when I saw what some of these dudes made compared to NFL players. Un freaking believable. An impending work stoppage could be instant doom for the NHL. And all of the mulletheads in the league.

I can understand no one would want to support the Devils, but the Nets?! I can't believe they get no love up there with the Jers. I love watching the Nets play even though my team is the Miami Heat, its the only other team I can put up with. Their game is amazing, but it also amazes me to see how many empty seats they have in a home game for such a spectacular team. Either the arena sucks or there is something seriously wrong with New Jersey folks.

I would love to see how the Irish pubs display their soccer passion. Soccer is king everywhere in the world except in the U.S. and Canada. I think its about time we do some catching up. But anyways, I heard that if the work stoppage does occur, then the league would want to contract the league to 20 or less teams... that would definitely be the end of the NHL with such a drastic change like that. But of course how do you tell a team owner to do away with his team? Impossible. Its gonna get ugly for the NHL.

You want American hockey fans? How about the entire state of Michigan? The Red Wings are a religion up there. They sell freakin' candy bars with Yzerman's face on 'em, for pete's sake. I lived there for three years, and I grew to appreciate the game. It's the single fastest non-motor powered sport you'll see, and once you get the rules, it's a great game to be a fan of.

Back
Top Bottom