Giving Jay a few “Birds". | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giving Jay a few “Birds".

KenCalo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think it’s time to end the “Jay Fiedler Forumâ€Â. After Sunday nights game he’s deserves to be treated like the other dolphin players.
We need to complain about and phrase him just like the others. Yes, we all know he’s not gonna ever be labeled as a “Great QBâ€Â, and I think after watching Marino those years is why we can’t except anything other than perfection from that position.

I myself am not I “Boo-erâ€Â, but I have to admit giving Jay a few “Birdsâ€Â. Let’s all realize the reality of the QB situation, he’s the best chance we have. After watching Greise struggle, who’s to say it’s not the Offense and Playbook? Maybe Jay is actually better than what we’ve seen at times, and could be a great QB with some other Offense and Playbook. – We may find out in the coming years, but for now let¢â‚¬â„¢s not single him out.

I lobby to end the “Jay Fiedler Forumâ€Â.
He deserves to be treated like any Dolphin.

Before when anyone asked, “Who would you like to quarterback your team?†– We had Marino, who was usually in the top three of everyone’s picks.
Now we have Fielder, hum, let’s see…. (Active QB’s)

Peyton Manning
Steve McNair
Brett Favre
Matt Hasselbeck
Tom Brady
Daunte Culpepper
Jon Kitna
Donovan McNabb
Trent Green
Chad Pennington

You know what, Fielder would properly make my Top 15 List.

Bottom 10…. Or just QBs I would pick Jay over.

Jeff Blake
Drew Brees
Joey Harrington
Doug Johnson
Kelly Holcomb
Kerry Collins
Brad Johnson
Rich Gannon
Jake Plummer
Tommy Maddox

* Now remember playing for this Miami Offense.

I dont understand how the jay hating thing ever got started. i think becuase wanny was so loyal to him and people didnt want to go with a guy like JF for the future. i can certainly understand that but its not like we had a boatload of money to get a great FA QB (not many available) and we didnt have draft picks to get one although chris simms would have been nice. but tyrone calico would have been nice too. and...............

I told Bob Mathews of the D and C here in rochester that i would take JF over drew bledsoe anytime just becuase jay wins games and has more heart and drew is a statue. He said i was basically a loser. He also said that griese was better. guess what? he doesnt talk about fiedler anymore becuase he may have to admit something. but the real funny thing was that after talking about drew so much and saying that QB's in the league now are made to scrammble aruond and move the pocket yadda yadda yadda, he still disses JF. it takes a village to make a moron.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy

Maybe this year but you left a lot of young guys of that list...

Vick, Carr, Carter, ...

Yes this year.
Vick is a possibility, but I think it's too early to tell. He may "run" himself onto the IR or even early retirement. Better also have a dam good backup.

I like Carr also, but could he live in the Dolphin pocket? - I don't think so.

Carter is showing potential, but it's too early.

Originally posted by KenCalo

Yes this year.
Vick is a possibility, but I think it's too early to tell. He may "run" himself onto the IR or even early retirement. Better also have a dam good backup.

I like Carr also, but could he live in the Dolphin pocket? - I don't think so.

Carter is showing potential, but it's too early.

All good points.

As far Carr he had a worse line last year with the Texans. He had like 100 sacks
:)

I would take him as the foundation to our future.

Garcia,Bulger, Couch, Ramsey, Bledsoe, Brunnell, Brooks,Leftwich...

Nope...not a top 15 for me.

Garcia seems to have some baggage (personality wise), and I really am not all that impressed with how he's performing with that 49ers offense which is pass oriented. No not for this Dolphin offense.

Bulger, come on do you really think it's him, or his receivers?

Ramsey, yes potential - not now though.

Bledsoe, only if he has an Offensive line - we don’t and I think there's something wrong with him.

Couch, ouch man, that's very interesting that you think his better than Jay. I don't think so.

Brooks, I haven't seen anything to impress me yet. Yeah he can throw it deep, but that's it. Not a winner.

Brunnell, yeah I like brunnell he could be an option for 3 years but not much longer. I just don't know if he could handle our pocket.

Leftwich, Way too early - isn't he being benched?

I never said he was, I just metionned some other names.

Yeah but the question was, “Who would you like to quarterback your team?â€Â

All good points.

As far Carr he had a worse line last year with the Texans. He had like 100 sacks
:)

I would take him as the foundation to our future.

Oh yeah, he has the potential. But no I wouldn't replace Jay with him. And as you said he can't perform behind a bad O-line.

THE ONLY QB's IN THE NFL THAT ARE WORTH GETTING ARE NEVER GOING TO BE LET GO BY THEIR TEAMS.

DRAFT PHILLIP RIVERS FROM NC STATE NEXT YEAR. THIS GUY HAS COMPLETED OVER 70% OF HIS PASSES THIS YEAR AND IS GETTING NO RESPECT FOR THE HEISMAN. HE IS BIG AND HIS DELIVERY IS VERY SIMILAR TO (DARE I SAY) DAN THE MAN. EVERY ONE WILL BE GOING AFTER PEYTON'S LITTLE BROTHER NEXT YEAR - WE NEED TO GO AFTER RIVERS.

Originally posted by finfan54
I dont understand how the jay hating thing ever got started.

"After watching Marino those years is why we can’t except anything other than perfection from that position."

I think this is one of the reasons.

first I agree about the Jay forum. I never liked it as I felt it was censorship.

Second the Jay hating started because after three and ahalf years as our starter Jay has never been a consistent champion QB. At time he plays great, other times good, other times horrible. No one HATES Jay Fiedler, but many of us believe he will not get us to the dance.

We do HATE his supporters cramming him down our throats and nto acknowledging when he does no tperform well and attacking us every time we do. That si where the hate comes in.

As for my team? I would start Manning any day of the week. I like Carr's arm. I would take Pennington.

Back
Top Bottom