Giving Jay a few “Birds". | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Giving Jay a few “Birds".

Originally posted by RICKHURD
THE ONLY QB's IN THE NFL THAT ARE WORTH GETTING ARE NEVER GOING TO BE LET GO BY THEIR TEAMS.

DRAFT PHILLIP RIVERS FROM NC STATE NEXT YEAR. THIS GUY HAS COMPLETED OVER 70% OF HIS PASSES THIS YEAR AND IS GETTING NO RESPECT FOR THE HEISMAN. HE IS BIG AND HIS DELIVERY IS VERY SIMILAR TO (DARE I SAY) DAN THE MAN. EVERY ONE WILL BE GOING AFTER PEYTON'S LITTLE BROTHER NEXT YEAR - WE NEED TO GO AFTER RIVERS.

I made it known before that Rivers would be my choice also. I watch Manning the other night, and I still think Rivers handles himself much better.

I don't think getting Rivers would be considered "settling for what's left" If he drops to our pick, he will be a "Total Steal" for us and mistake for all teams that picked before us.

Originally posted by finfan54
I dont understand how the jay hating thing ever got started. i think becuase wanny was so loyal to him and people didnt want to go with a guy like JF for the future.

Oh I tell ya....

It was in 2000 when Jay signed and Marino retired.

Most Jay and wanny haters are doing it since 2000 (not all though).

I remember that when Wanny signed people already pro-claimed another Chicago. Wannstedt was not their coach. Most wanted Shula back or at least another "big" name.

When Wannstedt gave Marino his option (we will become a running team) Dan retired. Dan flirted with a couple of "pass first" teams like Minnesota which of course gave fodder to the Wannstedt hater gang that Marino was driven out of town. Reality though is (and Marino said that many times) that Dave told him that he will do anything possible to become a running team and gave Dan the option to compete with a mobile QB.

Dan decided to retire.....
So, there is your Wanny hater history.

Now, Wannstedt signed Jay. Jay and Huard (endorsed by Marino), who was a fan favourite because of his record in Danny's abscence, competed in camp and pre-season. Wannstedt made the "not" so popular choice of lifting Jay to the starter position. His argumentation was that Jay was able to move the offense as it was designed. Wannstedt at this time became already the focus of some "haters" because in their eyes all we did was sign potential "backups" (Lamar, Jay etc) and made them starters. Jay was hated because some felt that Wannstedt conspired to have Danny ousted so he could sign Jay.

The predictions that year ranged from 3-13 to 8-8.....ending up with a 11-5 record got those who disliked Jay and Wannstedt in the first place even madder and all focus was placed on our playoff loss in Oakland. That was the start of "jay can't win the big game or playoff game" and Wannstedt will make us "Chicago south". Of course another 11-5 season later the dismayed crowd grew. Constant bashing took its toll on some weak minded fools (disregarding the fact that we haven't won 2 playoff games in the same season since 1984) and they joint those who were diehard "Wanny and Jay bashers". In that season.....the opinion changed from "our backup is better than Jay" to "any QB is better than Jay". It was highlited last year with Ray being the backup. Our team was elevated to superbowl caliber and the QB was the only hurdle on our way to the "big one". The crowd grew larger even after the Dolphins went 5-1. I think it was more the anger over the fact that the Phins offense was efficient and high scoring. Jay was blamed for the only loss at that time (KC) and word got around that with another QB we could have been 6-0. Jay got injured. Some who wished injury on Jay earlier applauded and were excited to see Jay out with an injury. Of course those dissappeared quickly when it became apparent that Lucas was less than a mediocre QB. In pain and embarrassment for lifting Lucas into our solution for a superbowl run they all returned once Jay started. Blame was laid solely with Jay for not making the playoffs...after all ...our only hurdle was the QB.

This year it escalated. The name Brian Griese was a guarantee for a superbowl win. The words "pedigree" and "bloodline" was thrown out (as we were starting a horse or dog at QB) and phrases like "the legacy and legend has returned". Fiedler and Wannstedt and Jay haters layed all their eggs in the one basket named Brian Griese. Once again we started as a team which "had all the pieces in place and was just missing a QB". Those aching for the Marino years but still supporting Jay began to listen to those who wanted Jay out at all costs. In the first 6 games...no win was good enough and we could have been 6-0 if not for Jay. Once again, they got their chance. Jay injured and here comes the "legacy". A good first half against a weak SD team followed by a mediocre half and then the Dolphins went on to one of its worst stretches of offensive production in its history. Suddenly our team went from "all the pieces" in place to "our WRs suck, our coaches suck, our OL sucks".

But one thing has changed this year from last year. When Jay returned...before he even took one snap...he was finally embraced by everybody. I do discount the little minority which is left who still fights the fight.

I think this is a pretty accurate account of what happened since 2000. I base that opinion on MBs, game days, tailgating and of course my neighborhood which has 300 homes and of which about 80% go to the games regularly or frequently.

Last edited by a moderator:
see finatic it works both ways as supporters hate it when bashers blame Jay for things he has no control over. Jay has had bad games noone says he hasnt, but he has also not lost any games singlehandedly outside the raider game in 2000.

FFiB is 100% correct.

The only reason you'll see a Fiedler supporter throwing out stats (especially with Griese) is because we've seen it happen to Jay for 3 1/2 years.

I got a PM from a Fiedler hater that just said FIEDLER HUGGER!

You know who you are and you have posted in this thread. :)

Now that Griese sucks (He was just overrated from the beginning IMO) and Fiedler provided a spark, they're reaching as hard as ever.

Oh, and Chambersownz84, now your boy will actually get the damn ball.

Originally posted by upstatenydolfan
i would give my left nut for vick

keep your left nut...to get a guy like Vick (top 5) you need either a losing season (anywhere between 0-16 and 4-12) or you give up an entire draft a la NO.

If you do latter you may draft a head case like Ricky once was because the pressure on a young kid that a team gave up an entire draft is to great.

Originally posted by upstatenydolfan
i would give my left nut for vick

I think I'll wait and see, before giving up any of my nuts.
These running QB's are good at first, but after 2-3 seasons of being smacked by LBs & Safeties tend to slow their effectiveness.
& you need to have a very good backup QB.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
I got a PM from a Fiedler hater that just said FIEDLER HUGGER!

:D

I find it funny that people go as far as to PM each other for this kind of things.

By the way Dolfan984, are you Fiedler Hugger ?
:lol:

And when are we considered a Fiedler Hugger ? Or Hater ?

Is there any Ayanbandejo Hugger here, I would like to start an official site where we could share with each other.
;)

Didn't Baltimore win a Championship with Trent Dilfer?
Brady threw what 100yds maybe, and NE won a Super Bowl.
I seen Brad Johnson on your bottom 10 did he win a Super Bowl last year?
QB don't win you championships teams do and Jay is a good leader?
Don't get me wrong having a good QB helps, but you need a team Joe Montana would not have won without the Roger Craig, Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lot and the rest of the supporting cast. Teams win football games, not players, play like a team and they will win, not like individuals. Look at NE they play like a team and they win with less talent then probably 3/4 of the league. Potential doesn't win football games and neither does sub 4.2 speed, teams do and always will.

Originally posted by philyphin
Didn't Baltimore win a Championship with Trent Dilfer?
Brady threw what 100yds maybe, and NE won a Super Bowl.
I seen Brad Johnson on your bottom 10 did he win a Super Bowl last year?
QB don't win you championships teams do and Jay is a good leader?
Don't get me wrong having a good QB helps, but you need a team Joe Montana would not have won without the Roger Craig, Jerry Rice, Ronnie Lot and the rest of the supporting cast. Teams win football games, not players, play like a team and they will win, not like individuals. Look at NE they play like a team and they win with less talent then probably 3/4 of the league. Potential doesn't win football games and neither does sub 4.2 speed, teams do and always will.

Yes I agree.
There is of course better talented QBs than Jay. Is there any QBs in the league that can do a better job at helping this team win a Champion? Yes, but not as many as some people think.

We can say the defense is bowl capable, but the offense and special teams needs to step it up, or it'll be another early exit.

Tampa won with it's Defense, Good enough Offense, and HC's knowledge of Oakland.

New England won because of HC, Balance & Over Confident Rams.

Baltimore won with Defense, Special Teams & "take only what you give us" Offence.

Rams won with Offense ( this is one exception to "Defense wins championships).

Originally posted by fin-atic
first I agree about the Jay forum. I never liked it as I felt it was censorship.

Second the Jay hating started because after three and ahalf years as our starter Jay has never been a consistent champion QB. At time he plays great, other times good, other times horrible. No one HATES Jay Fiedler, but many of us believe he will not get us to the dance.

We do HATE his supporters cramming him down our throats and nto acknowledging when he does no tperform well and attacking us every time we do. That si where the hate comes in.

Ditto..... Great post Finatic.

While many here think Jay is a pro bowler waiting to break out, defensive personnel and coaches think differently by their actions.
Since Jay was brought here every defense has been playing us the same way. Stack to stop the run and leave soft coverages that dare you to beat them by passing. If our passing attack was good for the past 3 years that trend would have changed. It never did.

While humorously some on here expect the offense to hum like a finely tuned engine now that jay is in, I would like to suggest they watch the first 6 games Jay started. Remember?
Jay was the first QB starter of the year when the offense was just as nonexistant and Ricky could'nt gain a yard then either.
The passing attack was so bad that coaches leaked to media that they were now gameplanning around Fiedler's inabilities.

Guess you all missed those games. :lol:

Both QB's have shown they aren't up to the task of leading a team consistently enough to be a champion.

Next year, this whole debate will be a mute point becuase both Griese and Fiedler will be nowhere near Miami and failing to justify contracts they signed.

Until then I hope our O-Line can mature fast enough to create more room for Ricky and our D can become a little more consistent.

I JUST HAVE 2 PROBLEMS WITH FIEDLER

I WAS HONESTLY ONE WHO WANTED GRIESE IN THERE THIS YEAR. HOWEVER, IT IS OBVIOUS THAT FIEDLER IS A BETTER FIT FOR THIS PARTICULAR TEAM. BUT I HAVE 2 PROBLEMS WITH JAY;

1) PEOPLE KEEP TALKING ABOUT HIS LEADERSHIP. HE IS THE MOST EMOTIONLESS QB IN THE LEAGUE. THE 'SKINS GAME WAS THE MOST PUMPED UP THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN HIM.
*AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT NOTICES THAT HE ONLY SEEMS TO PLAY WITH ANY HEART WHEN HE COMES BACK FROM INJURY OR HIS JOB IS IN DANGER? HE SHOULD ASK MARINO TO BORROW SOME OF HIS HEART!

2) IF JAY IS SUCH A GREAT MANAGER OF THE GAME AND A GUY THAT IS IN THERE NOT TO LOSE GAMES, THEN WHY HAS HE THROWN MORE INT's THAN TD's THIS YEAR?

ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT HIS RECORD REFLECTS THE TEAM, NOT THE QB. HE HAS TO LEAD THIS TEAM DEEP INTO THE PLAYOFFS TO EARN RESPECT. EVEN DURING HIS "GREAT" 11 - 5 SEASONS, HE DIDN'T DO THAT.

NOT A FIEDLER HATER - JUST A REALIST

Back
Top Bottom