Glad we won. But I am concerned... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glad we won. But I am concerned...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can't fathom

Originally posted by RikWriter

You're making a fundamental mistake made over and over by various people on this and other discussion forums. The TEAM has to take the season one game at a time. WE, as fans, do NOT. WE can be totally free to analyze the game after next, and December, and the playoffs, because WE don't HAVE to be focussed. Our discussions here have absolutely zero effect on what occurs on the field.
And no, I don't believe the Giants are the best all-around team we will face this season. Not by a longshot. Philly is more talented, even though they got off to a rough start. Tennessee has better coaching and Indianapolis has a better offense.

WE can do whatever WE want. But if WE want to have any kind of MEANINGFUL discussion, WE should know that the NFL changes so much from week to week that speculating about December in October is about as productive as a circle jerk. There are just too many variables. As for the rest of our opponents...name another team with the Giants spread O? Name an RB that's put up better numbers over the last three years than Tiki Barber. Another TE that's better than Shockey. Another WR pair that's better than Toomer/Hilliard. Another D-line that's better than theirs(15 sacks)? And most importantly, a team that has ALL those things? I'm sure we'll drop a few more games this season, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think that we just had a HUGE win.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Tell us how you really feel Rik.

I would rather tell you what I think. How I feel is irrelevant to the game we watched.

Rik,

In medieval times they had a sword that was 6 foot long. It had a dual handle and it was carried by the "burliest" of men. They used it on the front line of an attack. You can still purchase one today made by a couple of forgerys.

Here!

They called it a two handed flamberge.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep, the way you misread and misinterpret others' posts is indeed pathetic.
No one is saying we are definitely going to do poorly simply because Jay Fiedler is a physically limited QB.
What is being said is that the offensive coaches had damn well better find a way to gameplan AROUND his limitations if we want to do anything this year. They need to STOP asking him to do things he can't do. They need to emphasize short passes, mostly to the backs and the TE and they need to beat it into his head to pull the ball down and run if he doesn't see an open man.
And if his limitations, or injuries to the defense or something else keeps us from doing well this season, we DEFINITELY need to replace him in the offseason.

This is all I've said, but you'd think I had spit on a crucifix the way the hand-waving know-nothings have attacked me without mercy.

Yea, ok, I am a know nothing. Tell me there rik, what exactly did the coaches ask him to do that he CAN'T do? I saw Jay throw ONE deep ball yesterday, and that was completed to McMichael. Everything else was dink and dunk stuff. So what was it Jay was asked to do, that he hasn't done in the past? The only thing Jay sucks at right now, is the deep pass, and he hit the only one asked of him.

You know what I am sick of? I am sick of the Ricky Williams guy. I mean the coaches asked him to run with the ball, and he couldn't even give us more than two yards through three quarters. I mean really! He also almost fumbled a couple times...did you see that?

:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can't fathom

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
WE can do whatever WE want. But if WE want to have any kind of MEANINGFUL discussion, WE should know that the NFL changes so much from week to week that speculating about December in October is about as productive as a circle jerk. There are just too many variables.

If this discussion is so meaningless, why do you bother to come here? The meaning it has is that it allows us to get a good picture of what we can expect from our team.

As for the rest of our opponents...name another team with the Giants spread O? Name an RB that's put up better numbers over the last three years than Tiki Barber. Another TE that's better than Shockey. Another WR pair that's better than Toomer/Hilliard. Another D-line that's better than theirs(15 sacks)? And most importantly, a team that has ALL those things? I'm sure we'll drop a few more games this season, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think that we just had a HUGE win.

I never said it wasn't a huge win. It is, and I said so before the game that it would be. We have not done well against the NFC in the last ten years, and winning against a playoff caliber NFC team on the road is huge.

Re: Re: Re: Re: So...

You should try actually reading the other posts before responding.
I said I would know if they were CAPABLE of winning a SB, not that they would. And I already made that point once before, so if you'd been paying attention, you'd have seen it.
And although I didn't know the Pats WOULD go to the SB, I did know by November that they had a hell of a defense and great coaching, both of which will get you far in the playoffs.
I don't KNOW if there is anyone in the AFC that much better than us right now. It's too early yet.

Well Rik, since we have to actually play OTHER teams to win the Superbowl, don't you think the level of competition has a SLIGHT impact on whether we're "capable" of winning? Think about it Rik...it's too early to tell if any OTHER teams are that much better than us, but it's NOT too early to tell if we're capable of winning it all? You don't see a double standard there?

RIK !!!!

greatsword_1759_2386279-1.jpg

:yikes:

Originally posted by dolfan87

Tell me there rik, what exactly did the coaches ask him to do that he CAN'T do? I saw Jay throw ONE deep ball yesterday, and that was completed to McMichael. Everything else was dink and dunk stuff. So what was it Jay was asked to do, that he hasn't done in the past? The only thing Jay sucks at right now, is the deep pass, and he hit the only one asked of him.

I never said they asked him to do anything he couldn't yesterday. In fact, I believe I said that Norv called a MAGNIFICENT game yesterday.

You know what I am sick of? I am sick of the Ricky Williams guy. I mean the coaches asked him to run with the ball, and he couldn't even give us more than two yards through three quarters. I mean really! He also almost fumbled a couple times...did you see that?

If Ricky did that game after game, season after season, I would be sick of him too. For Ricky, however, bad games are rare. For Jay, they are commonplace.

You know what I find funny...Rik's signature. It is obviously an ironic statement that he found funny...predicting the end of the world some 4800 years ago. Kind of like proclaiming our team will do nothing in the playoffs, when it is still October.

Ahhh Irony

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: So...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Well Rik, since we have to actually play OTHER teams to win the Superbowl, don't you think the level of competition has a SLIGHT impact on whether we're "capable" of winning? Think about it Rik...it's too early to tell if any OTHER teams are that much better than us, but it's NOT too early to tell if we're capable of winning it all? You don't see a double standard there?

I would, if I had said that. You are, once again, not reading what I said.
I believe I made it quite clear that I wouldn't know if we're capable UNTIL NOVEMBER.

Originally posted by dolfan87
You know what I find funny...Rik's signature. It is obviously an ironic statement that he found funny...predicting the end of the world some 4800 years ago. Kind of like proclaiming our team will do nothing in the playoffs, when it is still October.

Ahhh Irony

Ah, attacking someone via their sigline. The surest sign that the person doing the attacking has no argument and knows it.

I'm a modern kind of guy. Give me an A10 close air support fighter. :D

Not one for OVERkill (no pun intended) are you?

Rik, NO KIDDING!

None of us really truly KNOW what this team is going to do until they do it! You can complain about Jay all day every day, but the fact is the guy has won a ton of games as our QB. Now if that was such an easy thing to do with a poor quarterback, then why did we suck-butt with Lucas?

Jay may not light the world on fire, but he has something called intangibles.

look hate him all you want, all I know is the guy helps this team win games.

Ah, attacking someone via their sigline. The surest sign that the person doing the attacking has no argument and knows it.

Yea, I have no argument, and neither do the other 50% of the Dolphin fans who disagree with you.

:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom