Glad we won. But I am concerned... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glad we won. But I am concerned...

Originally posted by dolfan87
Rik, NO KIDDING!

None of us really truly KNOW what this team is going to do until they do it! You can complain about Jay all day every day, but the fact is the guy has won a ton of games as our QB. Now if that was such an easy thing to do with a poor quarterback, then why did we suck-butt with Lucas?

Jay may not light the world on fire, but he has something called intangibles.

look hate him all you want, all I know is the guy helps this team win games.

He has helped us win some games. He has caused us to lose others. I want a QB that we win because of, not one we win in spite of.

Yea, I have no argument, and neither do the other 50% of the Dolphin fans who disagree with you.

Don't arrogate yourself and a couple others to "50%."

Oh well then Rik, why don't you start a poll, and see if I am correct.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can't fathom

Originally posted by RikWriter

I never said it wasn't a huge win. It is, and I said so before the game that it would be. We have not done well against the NFC in the last ten years, and winning against a playoff caliber NFC team on the road is huge.

"If this discussion is so meaningless, why do you bother to come here? The meaning it has is that it allows us to get a good picture of what we can expect from our team."

A discussion of what we can/will do in December is meaningless, not a discussion of what we can/will do in the next few weeks.

Oh well then Rik, why don't you start a poll, and see if I am correct.

I don't get my facts from polls, not being a politician.

Originally posted by fin-atic
I know it has been said, but I have to put it on the table.

Jay is not playing well this year. He has yet to have a decent game. If it wasn't for our defense and Ricky Williams we would have no shot this year.

It is absolutely obvious that he is the weakest link on this team. Today Norv did a superior job of gaming around Jays incompetence with reverses, screens, and the suprise run to Konrad.

But Jay is playing worse this year than any other year. Maybe the rest of the team is good enough to make up for it, but at some point he has to step it up or we will be home in December again.

I keep waiting for Jay to put it together. And I just keep waiting.

You know I agree with some of the things you are saying but lets look at it.

I saw some passes Jay made and well they were dropped. Critical first downs were dropped. Lets see the offensive line was pretty much man handled all day, Jay didnt have time to throw and Ricky had nowhere to run, when ever ricky got the ball there were 2 guys in the backfield to start off.

Now before we complain about Jay, lets look at where we spent our money, we spent it on Defense and we spent it on a RB, thats basically it, we have a below average offensive line and statistically we have an average QB. I guess we are getting what we deserve.

Our #2 WR is pretty much a ghost so Norv Turner or Dave needs to make a change there, maybe McKnight needs another start? Maybe we need to play with a base 3 WRs who knows, we have problems but on paper this team is doing exactly what it should be doing to win games, Great D and thats what we have. I bet Tampa Fans bitch about the same **** we do =P

I know you are.....
:poke:
But what am I?

ZOD
:lurk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Glad we won. But I am concerned...

Originally posted by deathdisco

I bet Tampa Fans bitch about the same **** we do =P

Nope. I live in the Tampa area and am forced to listen to their sports radio. They all seem to love Brad Johnson. They also like their receiving corps. What they bitch about is their special teams and the fact that they want Mike Alstott to be the starting tailback.

and why bashers cant be objective. overthrew alot of receivers yesterday? LMAO. making stuff up? I watched the whole game, intently. yeah he made some bad decisions, but was under pressure allday. How many dropped balls? and he was 7 for 9 in the second half, I forget what percentage is that? How many 3rd down passes did he complete? First half Jay was shaky, yes, but he made better decisions and made plays. I love how everyone is forgetting the Giants are a physical team and they had a great gameplan and were playing great defenses. I saw 0, yes 0 wide open receivers yesterday, only Randy had space and notice we started using him and konrad more once we switched from 5 step drops and looking to go over top. We adjusted based on how the defense was playing and it worked. The offense is getting it identity, McKnight is getting more involved as is Randy and Konrad. STOP LOOKING FOR THIS TEAM TO BE LIKE STL IN 99 OR KC THIS YEAR, we are not set up to be that type of team, we ar a methodical control the ball, eat up time, and win in the 4th, Id say we are doing that.

I believe you were watching the game "contently". I mean if you sat down and turned the tube on-of course it was your "intent" to watch the game. :lol:

Kiddin' aside-

I believe there is a gap here in what is agreed as to what "open" is. If you wait for a receiver to be backyard football open in the NFL you'll be waiting for a long time.

This is a timing pass offense. They just don't execute it well and I think that's all that is being pointed out.

then look in the mirror and ask away. what I find funny is not the fact that people dont believe Jay is the answer, that is a debateable point and a sound one cause that cant be answered until the end of teh year. Is that you will all focus on what Jay does wrong, ignoring the good plays and assume he is alone in making mistakes. Look at green's stats since you all love stats so much, going into yesterday he had 5 ints and 4 tds, does he suk? How many ints has favre thrown? what about McNabb? Brady? Bledsoe? Everyone is talking (not on this board, in the media) how well Q Carter is playing, yet he has thrown his share of picks. You all say Jay suks yet hold expectations that are contrary to what you say his physical skills are. I know he isnt the best around and am not against upgrading teh position, but who is that option? Griese? Why? he has done nothing outside one good year that he had weapons every where he looked. The second fault I see is that you assume the defense has absolutely nothing to with a qb playing poorly. The Giants played very well but had nothing to do with it. Overthrows? No, I dont buy it, did he miss receivers yesterday? Yep, name me one qb that hasnt. The kind of overthrows you can say is teh qbs fault are the ones like against Buffalo when Jay missed CC wide open or in houston game, when DBs are within a yard of a receiver, how precise should the qb be, you throw the ball where the receiver has a chance at catching it but away from the defender.

You want contradiction that you say? You yell when Jay throws to the outs like in teh Houston game saying he doent have the arm for it, then complain when he puts it where the only the receiver can get it and the db cannot pick it off and say he threw it too far. basically you will never be happy with Jay. I am sik of this argument, bashers will bash for the sake of bashing. Yet supporting Jay we are homers, LMAO. No, we understand Jay has his limitations, we also wouldnt be adverse to upgrading, we just realize griese has shown nothing to warrant the undo praise some give him. Not saying Grise could absolutely not do better, but that he has done nothing to say he will as a matter of fact. And chances are he could do worse, he is has practiced in this scheme scarcely since he was injured and signed late, yes he can study film and read the play book, but has not worked in the system in actual game situations, so to think he doesnt have physical flaws himself and is mentally and physically prepared is laughable. If you put him in and he fails, do you put Jay back in? Does he not then have a drop in confidence? Is he then not looking over his shoulder? Way to may risks that outweigh the benefit since the chance of the benefit coming to the forefront early is remote. Basically what I am saying is this team is comprised to win as a team and asking the qb to be the guy is not how we are set up, and wont happen. We are set for teh defense to carry us and ricky to run, that is teh choice of teh coaches. that is how we will win or lose. we will not change to try and be a home run type of team.

That's a good point about Lucas 87. We went 2-4 and really hit bottom. I mean I was praying for Jays speedy recovery. Rik is getting hammered but our Q.B. play could be better and isn't that all he's saying. Great victory against a quality team on the road. Let's not kid ourselves though this game was won by the D. I've rewatched the game three times and I'll say one thing in Jays favor. In the forth quarter when we had to have it he led us on a drive that resulted in a Touchdown. He picked up two crucial first downs along the way, one with his arm and one with his feet. Norv made some killer calls all game long. Final thought, if Derrius isn't making it happen, and so far he isn't, either start McKnight or give Tolver a chance. Look at Riks picture: all alone on vacation wearing that dumb outfit and have pity on the man.

Originally posted by BSQX4
Look at Riks picture: all alone on vacation wearing that dumb outfit and have pity on the man.

Ummm...little question for you. If I was all alone, who took the picture?
And one more question: have you ever been hiking in summer in Arizona? If so, what did YOU wear?

I didn't know and I was just kidding anyway. Someone should lighten up. REPEAT: I was kidding Mr. Ruler of the Universe. Read what I wrote I was sticking up for the guy because I agree with him. Is this the SMACK forum? Idiot?? Mmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom