Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Glazer: Jets getting turned down for GM job, begging them them reconsider

Why would they be elite at 8-8?

Overall from 2009-2011, they were elite 2 of the 3 seasons but overall in those 3 season still considered elite. This year w/ a 2nd down season making it 2 of 4 years as elite we fall from the overall though we still lead in title game apps and are among the leaders in playoff wins.

Jets said they were going to make a GM hire by Thursday. Friday afternoon and they still haven't hired anyone. :lol: Typical Jets.

Though I do see that the frontrunner is this guy from the Seahawks, John Itchy? John Idiot? Whatever, apparently he is a guy who has no real personnel background. :up:

Overall from 2009-2011, they were elite 2 of the 3 seasons but overall in those 3 season still considered elite. This year w/ a 2nd down season making it 2 of 4 years as elite we fall from the overall though we still lead in title game apps and are among the leaders in playoff wins.

NE and Bal also have 2 title game apps in the last 4 years. Bal has 3 title game apps in the last 5 years. NE and Bal also have 6 divisions titles between them and have made the playoffs 4 straight years while the Jets have only made it 2 out of 4.

Overall? How can you retain an elite title when you go 8-8 and miss the playoffs? I get that a great team can have a down year, but the Jets have gone 3 out of 4 seasons struggling to win 9 games. These past 2 seasons show that they were never elite to begin with.

Jets said they were going to make a GM hire by Thursday. Friday afternoon and they still haven't hired anyone. :lol: Typical Jets.

Though I do see that the frontrunner is this guy from the Seahawks, John Itchy? John Idiot? Whatever, apparently he is a guy who has no real personnel background. :up:

I think it is pronounced Idget. :chuckle:

The Jets never announced they were making a hire by Thursday, those were rumors. There's nothing wrong w/ being thorough is there? this was always going to be a darwn out search as well as the OC search.

It doesn't matter who we hire, Jet fans will say it's a good move and opposing fans will bash it. The truth is none of us will know until the new GM has a chance to prove himself.

NE and Bal also have 2 title game apps in the last 4 years. Bal has 3 title game apps in the last 5 years. NE and Bal also have 6 divisions titles between them and have made the playoffs 4 straight years while the Jets have only made it 2 out of 4.

Overall? How can you retain an elite title when you go 8-8 and miss the playoffs? I get that a great team can have a down year, but the Jets have gone 3 out of 4 seasons struggling to win 9 games. These past 2 seasons show that they were never elite to begin with.

I think it is pronounced Idget. :chuckle:

yep, the Jets are tied for the lead in title game apps.

Bal plays in a division w/o NE in it, it's a little easier tow in than the AFC East despite the rest of the division stinking(the 2 teams that are always bad).

through 3 years they had the most title game apps, most playoff wins in AFC, tied for most in NFL. That's elite overall through 3 though the actuall elite years were '09 & '10.

yep, the Jets are tied for the lead in title game apps.

Bal plays in a division w/o NE in it, it's a little easier tow in than the AFC East despite the rest of the division stinking(the 2 teams that are always bad).

through 3 years they had the most title game apps, most playoff wins in AFC, tied for most in NFL. That's elite overall through 3 though the actuall elite years were '09 & '10.

Bal plays in a division with Pitt in it. You know, the team that has 2 Super Bowl apps and a Super Bowl win in the last 5 years. The team that has gone 12-4 three out of 5 seasons. Bal won their division by winning 12 games. The Jets wouldn't have any division titles in the AFC North either.

Bal plays in a division with Pitt in it. You know, the team that has 2 Super Bowl apps and a Super Bowl win in the last 5 years. The team that has gone 12-4 three out of 5 seasons. Bal won their division by winning 12 games. The Jets wouldn't have any division titles in the AFC North either.

Yep, a team that has missed the playofs 2 of the last 4 years- just like the Jets.

NE has averaged 12 wins per season the last 4 years
Pitt has averaged 10

Bal won the division w/ 10 wins this year, 10 wins wouldn't have been good enouhg to beat out NE any of the 4 years. we may have won in 2009, we did whip the North champs on the road inthe playoffs that year.

Yep, a team that has missed the playofs 2 of the last 4 years- just like the Jets.

NE has averaged 12 wins per season the last 4 years
Pitt has averaged 10

Bal won the division w/ 10 wins this year, 10 wins wouldn't have been good enouhg to beat out NE any of the 4 years. we may have won in 2009, we did whip the North champs on the road inthe playoffs that year.

The Steelers missed the playoffs at 9-7 in 09, and then made it to the Super Bow with 12 wins the next year. They went 12-4 again the year after that, and then missed the playoffs this year at 8-8. Not quite like the Jets.

Bal has won at least 11 games three out of the last 5 seasons. The Jets won 11 games just once. The Ravens won 12 games in 2010 and 2011. The Jets have won 12 games in a season just once in franchise history. NE went 10-6 in 2009 and 12-4 this year. The Ravens won their 2 division titles with 10 and 12 wins. I am not saying it isn't tough to win the division with NE in it, but it isn't easy to win a division with Pitt in it either.

Jets finally hired Itchy. Scratchy wasn't available for comment.

The Jets also hired Marty Mornhinweg as their offensive coordinator.What do you think of that junc?

Well no, they aren't elite but let's not go into that realm again. Yes you lead in title game apps, great. Why would an elite team go 8-8 after 2 straight years of being elite?

The Steelers missed the playoffs at 9-7 in 09, and then made it to the Super Bow with 12 wins the next year. They went 12-4 again the year after that, and then missed the playoffs this year at 8-8. Not quite like the Jets.

Bal has won at least 11 games three out of the last 5 seasons. The Jets won 11 games just once. The Ravens won 12 games in 2010 and 2011. The Jets have won 12 games in a season just once in franchise history. NE went 10-6 in 2009 and 12-4 this year. The Ravens won their 2 division titles with 10 and 12 wins. I am not saying it isn't tough to win the division with NE in it, but it isn't easy to win a division with Pitt in it either.

Those teams aren't elite. The Jets are elite. My eyes told me so.

The Jets also hired Marty Mornhinweg as their offensive coordinator.What do you think of that junc?

Probably meens Vic or McNab...but Nacho ran the WCO in college:lol:

I don't know much about Idget, but I don't think that Mornhinweg is a bad move. As an offensive coordinator he has had top 10 offenses in passing yards, points and yards per attempt.

If I were a Jets fan, my concerns would be:

Sanchez running a West Coast offense ------- Cue the Vick to the Jets rumors
Mornhinweg O's have had a lot of turnovers
How much of Mornhinweg's success in Philly was because of Andy Reid
Did I mention Sanchez running a West Coast offense? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom