Gmac hits late 3 to top UCONN in bigeast tourny | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gmac hits late 3 to top UCONN in bigeast tourny

MikeO said:
I didn't think they could beat UCONN or G'town.

Really doesn't matter to me if they win or not, these last 3 days and games have been unreal! They got to the NCAA Tourney, they gave Syracuse fans 3 amazing games with 3 amazing finishes.......I hope they win tonight. But if they don't, won't bother me at all.

I hope they win tonight, its good for the Big East.. This tourney has proven that the Big East was the best conference.. I am very scared of the way Uconn has played lately, talent alone should take us to the sweet 16, but we need to start playing better. We need to play like we did the 1st time we blew out the Cuse, we played great Uconn basketball for a half. Pitt has really been coming on strong again late, but if the Cuse's bigs stay out of foul trouble I think they can win..

UConn, if firing on all cylinders, is the best team in the country and it's not particularly close. Unfortunately, the Huskies have a TERRIBLE tendency to play down to the level of their opponents. Rudy Gay, in particular, seems to get lazy and distracted very easily. The funny thing is, I don't worry about them losing to a team like Duke, Villanova or Memphis. I would worry more about them dropping a game in the sweet 16 or something, because they fall asleep against an inferior foe.

And yeah, this has been a great ride for the Cuse. I hope they win, but I won't lose much sleep over a loss; they're easily in the tournament now. Those guys will be dead tired, playing their 4th game in as many nights.

The Big East Tournament from this day on should now be re-named...."The Gerry McNamara Invitional Tournament".

Back to back Big East Championships. Who would have guessed that? I sure didn't.

phunwin said:
Back to back Big East Championships. Who would have guessed that? I sure didn't.

March Mac-ness is here!

MikeO said:
March Mac-ness is here!

Ok enough with the Gerry love fest.. I didn't know you liked this guy so much.. Great run by the Cuse all the way to the Top.. The bigs down low and some crazy clutch outside shooting brought the title back with the Orangemen..

phunwin said:
UConn, if firing on all cylinders, is the best team in the country and it's not particularly close. Unfortunately, the Huskies have a TERRIBLE tendency to play down to the level of their opponents. Rudy Gay, in particular, seems to get lazy and distracted very easily. The funny thing is, I don't worry about them losing to a team like Duke, Villanova or Memphis. I would worry more about them dropping a game in the sweet 16 or something, because they fall asleep against an inferior foe.

Couldn't have said it better myself.. I wouldn't even call it a tendency anymore, we do play down to the level of our opponents. I am very scared of losing to a team in the sweet 16, because we have an awful half. Once we get to the Final 4 watchout, I am pretty sure Williams (our best player) and the crew will be ready to play by then..

Incredible run by Cuse, but that was a foul on Krauser.

Congrats to gmac...If this team makes it to the sweet 16 like I said gmac might be a lock for the first round come nba draft time

djfresh47 said:
Incredible run by Cuse, but that was a foul on Krauser.

Yes it was. And I'd feel a lot worse if Krauser hadn't gotten away with using his forearm to push off opposing defenders for the whole game...if not for the past 4 years.

Buddwalk said:
Congrats to gmac...If this team makes it to the sweet 16 like I said gmac might be a lock for the first round come nba draft time

A week ago, I'd have thought that was crazy, but McNamara has done an incredible job of moving beyond a one-man scoring machine and to getting his teammates involved. The UConn game, in particular, was a great example. If you get your big men involved early, they'll work harder at both ends. If the big men run the floor on the break, you reward them with a pass. I didn't think McNamara did a great job of these things over the last 4 years. Maybe that was partly his fault, and maybe it was partly Jim Boeheim's fault. Either way, the last 4 games, he played like an NBA point guard should play. If he keeps it up, maybe he will go in the first round, or at least the early half of round 2. A week ago, I didn't even think he'd get drafted.

GreenMonster said:
Ok enough with the Gerry love fest.. I didn't know you liked this guy so much.. Great run by the Cuse all the way to the Top.. The bigs down low and some crazy clutch outside shooting brought the title back with the Orangemen..

It is not a stretch to say that McNamara is the most beloved player in Syracuse history. It's almost certainly him or Sherman Douglas.

phunwin said:
It is not a stretch to say that McNamara is the most beloved player in Syracuse history. It's almost certainly him or Sherman Douglas.

He IS the most beloved player in SU history. The 6 three-pointers in the first half of the NCAA Finals game vs Kansas as a freshmen locked that up for him, everything since then has just put more distance between himself and #2.

Sherman is near the top of the list, but nobody compares with G-Mac! Sherman never packed 33,633 in the Dome for his senior day!

FaninPatsyLand said:

Nice to see after your 3 days of hiding you found your way back to this thread! :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Just like last yeras baseball season, talk talk talk.....when shot down on a bunch of stuff you go into hiding!

MikeO said:
Nice to see after your 3 days of hiding you found your way back to this thread!

Just like last yeras baseball season, talk talk talk.....when shot down on a bunch of stuff you go into hiding!

Shot down? You made up a bunch of asinine posts about how we didn't beat anyone the last 3 weeks of the season (after which I presented facts, which you then ignored). You were so confident we weren't in.. and you are WRONG, again.

As usual, you make yourself look like a fool running your mouth!!!!! I love it.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:(hey look, I can use smilies too!!)

EDIT: Please don't report me again, haha..

Back
Top Bottom