Gmac hits late 3 to top UCONN in bigeast tourny | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gmac hits late 3 to top UCONN in bigeast tourny

FaninPatsyLand said:
Who cares what SI said? Are they giving out the invitations to the dance? 2 quality wins looks nice right now, but how many of those did they have before the BET?

EDIT: (FYI, why don't you check the latest bracketology on ESPN. The Big East is getting 8 teams in that, but Syracuse isn't one of them. They are still listed as one of the last 4 teams out with today's win included, hardly what I would call a "lock")

The only team I remember them beating this year was West Virginia at home. Not to mention that horrific finish that included a 40 point blowout loss to DePaul. They might very well get in as a result of their performance in New York, but I refuse to believe they are a "lock" at this point.

2 quality wins? They have beat WV, UCONN, Cincy (twice), and Manhattan (the #1 team in the MAAC). 5 right there.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Quality wins outweight RPI's, and by my count, Syracuse has 4 (UConn, Cincy 2x, West Virginia) Is it enough to get in? Who knows. I don't think the Big East is getting 9 teams so who do you leave out? Seton Hall has beaten both Syracuse and Cincinnati in their only matchups. Can you leave them out when their resume includes several huge wins (@ NCST, @ Pitt, @ Syracuse, West Virginia, Cincy)? Or is Cincinnati the odd team out?

Seton Hall is not going. They lost 4 out of their last 7. They lost to St.Johns and Depaul, who didn't even MAKE The big east tourney. They lost to Rutgers TWICE this year. And they lost to Richmond by 11 and Richmond is one of the worst teams in the A-10, if not they worst team. And they were 1-done in the BET losing to a bad team. Seton Hall is out.

Syracuse is in. Cincy is on the bubble.

MikeO said:
They beat Cincy 2 out of 3 times. And Seton Hall has been awful and just lost to Rutgers again! Not to mention that loss to Richmond!

Yeah, they've been real terrible. Picked to finish 15th in the Big East in the preseason. The fact that they are even in the bubble discussion is proof they overachieved. As far as being awful down the stretch, they went into the Pete on Senior night and did what no other team this year could do... and that's win @ Pitt.

It's going to be hilarious if Seton Hall gets in or Syracuse gets left out, because you seem to be so damn sure of yourself you'd think you were on the committee.

PS, I wouldn't be ripping another team for losing to DePaul not after they dismantled the Orange by 40!

FaninPatsyLand said:
It's going to be hilarious if Seton Hall gets in or Syracuse gets left out, because you seem to be so damn sure of yourself you'd think you were on the committee.

PS, I wouldn't be ripping another team for losing to DePaul not after they dismantled the Orange by 40!

1) Depaul shot 41-66 from the field vs Syracuse. They could have beat some NBA teams with that kind of night shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Seton Hall isn't getting in. They have done nothing in the last 3 weeks to help their cause.

3) It's commen sense. Syracuse just beat the #1 overall team in the country. Have an SOS in the Top 10. Have an RPI in the 20's. Have over 20 wins....they are in!!!!!!!

MikeO said:
1) Depaul shot 41-66 from the field vs Syracuse. They could have beat some NBA teams with that kind of night shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Seton Hall isn't getting in. They have done nothing in the last 3 weeks to help their cause.

3) It's commen sense. Syracuse just beat the #1 overall team in the country. Have an SOS in the Top 10. Have an RPI in the 20's. Have over 20 wins....they are in!!!!!!!

What the hell are you talking about! :sidelol:

They beat Pitt @ the Pete in their last BE regular season game. In their home finale they beat Cincy.

You have no clue... just step away from the keyboard.

And don't use excuses as to why Syracuse got embarrassed by DePaul.. at least the differential in our loss was single digits.

FaninPatsyLand said:
They beat Pitt @ the Pete in their last BE regular season game. In their home finale they beat Cincy.

You have no clue... just step away from the keyboard.

And don't use excuses as to why Syracuse got embarrassed by DePaul.. at least the differential in our loss was single digits.

Seton Hall just lost to RUTGERS in round 1 of the Big East tourney. A bubble team doens't bow out in round 1 of their conference tourney! Let alone lose to a bad team like Rutgers.

Memo to Seton Hall: Remember these 3 letters.........N.I.T. :sidelol:

MikeO said:
Seton Hall just lost to RUTGERS in round 1 of the Big East tourney. A bubble team doens't bow out in round 1 of their conference tourney! Let alone lose to a bad team like Rutgers.

Memo to Seton Hall: Remember these 3 letters.........N.I.T. :sidelol:

You just told me Cincinnati was a bubble team. Make up your mind!

Are you drunk? Seriously, it would explain alot. Your posts are usually asinine, but you are contradicting yourself in every post you make tonight.

(Of course you conveniently ignore the fact that Seton Hall's last two games were wins over Cincy and @ PITT, after making the claim they haven't helped their cause in 3 weeks)

FaninPatsyLand said:
You just told me Cincinnati was a bubble team. Make up your mind!

Are you drunk? Seriously, it would explain alot. Your posts are usually asinine, but you are contradicting yourself in every post you make tonight.

(Of course you conveniently ignore the fact that Seton Hall's last two games were wins over Cincy and @ PITT, after making the claim they haven't helped their cause in 3 weeks)

Cincy is a bubble team.......so! I never said they were going. They are NIT bound with Seton Hall!

Seton Hall lost 4 of their last 7. Cincy and Pitt would have helped, losing to Rutgers ERASES that!

MikeO said:
Cincy is a bubble team.......so! I never said they were going. They are NIT bound with Seton Hall!

Seton Hall lost 4 of their last 7. Cincy and Pitt would have helped, losing to Rutgers ERASES that!

Whatever MikeO, continue to make asinine claims baiting people on... and then turn around and report it.

Eventually the MODS will catch on to the game you are playing on this website and punish you for it. You must enjoy getting into arguements for the sake of arguing.

I'm out

FaninPatsyLand said:
Whatever MikeO, continue to make asinine claims baiting people on... and then turn around and report it.

Eventually the MODS will catch on to the game you are playing on this website and punish you for it. You must enjoy getting into arguements for the sake of arguing.

I'm out

How am I baiting people??????? Because I think Syracuse is going to the NCAA tourney and Seton Hall is NIT bound???

Everyone can go back and read this exchange, how did I bait anyone????:shakeno: I just presented facts and numbers to back up my opinion!

The Cuse is in. Seton Hall's out. That's it, end of discussion.

Get a load of this.

With the win over UCONN on a neutral court..........the RPI for Syracuse jumped from 38 to 21! WOW! That is an amazing jump!!!!!!!

Yeah, they aren't a lock! lol

gotta love the RPI....lose a bunch of games against good teams on the road and win one on a neutral court and you're team is one of the best in the country. Of course 'Cuse is in, its just a silly ratings system. You have to wonder if the people that come up with these things made it past high school math.

'Cuse has to be a lock now. Why haven't they played this way all season?

Back
Top Bottom