Gmac hits late 3 to top UCONN in bigeast tourny | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gmac hits late 3 to top UCONN in bigeast tourny

chris84chambers said:
wow gmacc hits a three to be down by one with 48 seconds they steal it and he is leading a 2 on 1 fastbreak, and he makes a great pass, wow clutch.

GERRY.....GERRY.........GERRY!!!!

I love it!

Ferretsquig said:
gotta love the RPI....lose a bunch of games against good teams on the road and win one on a neutral court and you're team is one of the best in the country. Of course 'Cuse is in, its just a silly ratings system. You have to wonder if the people that come up with these things made it past high school math.

It's the most fair rating system going today. If you play good teams you get rewarded. If you play bad teams you get punished. PERIOD! And if you win a couple along the way, then you really get rewarded!

50% strength of schedule, 25% opponents SOS, 25% wins and losses. Having 3/4 based on the level of your opposition (even more now if you play em on the road) just a little absurd. It really has little to do with how good a team is, moreso how many teams in the top 50 they could schedule.

Ferretsquig said:
50% strength of schedule, 25% opponents SOS, 25% wins and losses. Having 3/4 based on the level of your opposition (even more now if you play em on the road) just a little absurd. It really has little to do with how good a team is, moreso how many teams in the top 50 they could schedule.

Well, NO. I don't get your "playing them on the road" thing. Most teams play about equal games home/away. So I don't get that.

You still have to win games! But when all things are equal, you then must go to something to see who played the better compeition. If you have a a 19 win team from the Big East and a 19 win team from the WAC. What is more impressive? Well, considering the Big East team had to play UCONN, Nova, Pitt, G'town...etc and some multiple times. All ranked teams, 2 teams ranked in the Top 3......it's more impressive than what the WAC team did!

Good teams DON"T get left out of the NCAA tourney! If your fighting over whether your team #66 or #67....then you have a weak case to begin with.

MikeO said:
Well, NO. I don't get your "playing them on the road" thing. Most teams play about equal games home/away. So I don't get that.

You still have to win games! But when all things are equal, you then must go to something to see who played the better compeition. If you have a a 19 win team from the Big East and a 19 win team from the WAC. What is more impressive? Well, considering the Big East team had to play UCONN, Nova, Pitt, G'town...etc and some multiple times. All ranked teams, 2 teams ranked in the Top 3......it's more impressive than what the WAC team did!

Good teams DON"T get left out of the NCAA tourney! If your fighting over whether your team #66 or #67....then you have a weak case to begin with.

Syracuse has definately played themselves in. I think Kentucky is in also, and both probably will be a 7-10 seed and are gonna be a real tough game if they advance to the 2nd rd of the tournament. What will be interesting to watch is if UK and Syracuse win their tournaments is if they can move up a seed. Tubby Smith IMO in the past has done the best go get the most out of teams that I don't think were as talented as the team he has right now. Rajon Rondo will be a 1st rd pick if he leaves after this year, but he's setting himself up for failure because he's gotta work on his offensive game IMO. Raldolph Morris was suspended half of the season because of the draft incident, but he's been very dissapointing. He'll put up decent numbers but I expected him to be a dominant big guy for them and he has not done that yet. Right now even with the loss to Cuse, I think UConn is the "team to beat," because of all the talent. Duke is good, but if the brackets set up for them to meet in the finals, UConn vs Texas would be a very good championship game. McNamera has been lights out and watching the game, how doesn't Hibberd get a touch down low?

djfresh47 said:
Syracuse has definately played themselves in. I think Kentucky is in also, and both probably will be a 7-10 seed and are gonna be a real tough game if they advance to the 2nd rd of the tournament. What will be interesting to watch is if UK and Syracuse win their tournaments is if they can move up a seed. Tubby Smith IMO in the past has done the best go get the most out of teams that I don't think were as talented as the team he has right now. Rajon Rondo will be a 1st rd pick if he leaves after this year, but he's setting himself up for failure because he's gotta work on his offensive game IMO. Raldolph Morris was suspended half of the season because of the draft incident, but he's been very dissapointing. He'll put up decent numbers but I expected him to be a dominant big guy for them and he has not done that yet. Right now even with the loss to Cuse, I think UConn is the "team to beat," because of all the talent. Duke is good, but if the brackets set up for them to meet in the finals, UConn vs Texas would be a very good championship game. McNamera has been lights out and watching the game, how doesn't Hibberd get a touch down low?

1) If Syracuse wins tommorow and wins the conference tourney of the toughest conference in the country, they can't be lower than a 6 seed. They just can't. You dont' win 4 games in 4 days, with wins over on a neutral court over Cincy, Uconn, G'town, and Pitt.....all ranked, possibly ALL NCAA tourney teams (depending on Cincy) and be lower than a 6 seed!

2) Kentucky is in

3) Nova was the team to beat........until tonight. They are toast now! So sad!

4) UCONN I am not sold on. Rudy Gay is soft. Plays no defense. Can't get his own shot. They will go Final 8 at least, possibly further because of just raw talent alone.....but I don't see them winning it all.

5) If Syracuse loses to Pitt tomorrow, and is either a 7. 8, or 9 seed....a possbile round 2 game vs a 1 or 2 seed will be very entertaining! I actually hope Syracuse is in that 7-10 game with a Rd 2 match up with Gonzaga.......who is the biggest FRAUD in the country!!!!!!

byroan said:
'Cuse has to be a lock now. Why haven't they played this way all season?

Here's a blog post I had on this topic a week ago.

Since then, Syracuse has managed to reverse every one of those problems.

For what it's worth, ESPN has moved SU into the "lock" category on their Bubble Watch, pretty much confirming what we've all thought.

phunwin said:
Here's a blog post I had on this topic a week ago.

Since then, Syracuse has managed to reverse every one of those problems.

For what it's worth, ESPN has moved SU into the "lock" category on their Bubble Watch, pretty much confirming what we've all thought.
\

G-Mac has made more clutch and big play at MSG in 3 days than the Knicks have all year!

MikeO said:

SOS should be taken into consideration, but not at the level that it is. The point it that you dont have to win games. A loss against a team on the road in the top 10 of the RPI is worth far more than a win at home against one out of the top 100. Hence you have MVC's theory of scheduling a bunch of top teams on the road to boost the conference RPI, which will let lesser quality teams get into the tourney.

Good teams get left out off the tourney every year. There are two in the ACC that wont make it, FSU and Wake. Wake played like crap all throughout its conference schedule yet still can beat most top 25 teams.....as it is proving now. FSU had a solid season and blew it in their first game or the ACC tourney....does one loss make them a worse team? In the minds of the selection committe it does.

Ferretsquig said:
The point it that you dont have to win games.

YES YOU DO!!!! If you aren't above .500 you can't go to the big dance (unless you win your conference tourney).

You will always have to win games!!!!!!!!:shakeno: You can have the #1 SOS, and if you are 12-18, it doesn't matter!

byroan said:
So does SU beat Pittsburgh tonight?

I didn't think they could beat UCONN or G'town.

Really doesn't matter to me if they win or not, these last 3 days and games have been unreal! They got to the NCAA Tourney, they gave Syracuse fans 3 amazing games with 3 amazing finishes.......I hope they win tonight. But if they don't, won't bother me at all.

Back
Top Bottom