Go get Kyle Rudolph | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go get Kyle Rudolph

I really don’t understand why some people keep wanting to bring in TEs. I understand the want for Kyle Pitts and I get that but other than him what’s the point? Mike Gesicki is a really good player and he’s only getting better with each year. He was ranked 12th among TEs in receptions 4th in yards and 9th in TDs. He’s by all accounts a top 10 TE and hes still ascending. Plus he’s young and still has another year on his rookie deal. Durham Smythe and Adam Shaheen are also not bad players and each of them have a strength. TE is not in bad shape at all.

Jordan Camreon had a history of concussions, I was surprised when we signed him and I hope no one in their right. I don’t would expect him to put better numbers post concussion.
He struggled because his athleticism and fluidity had evaporated at a young age , though concussions didn't help.

Why is it that literally every player that’s released, no matter how old or slow they are, we need to sign them immediately??? Come on people. Flo and Grier purged the entite roster of older, non-productive players and unwieldy contracts, and you want to resign them? No. Have you ever considered there’s a reason they’ve been released? If they aren’t in their prime (in mid to late 20’s) or have a favorable contract situation we’re not signing them unless it’s a backup vet QB.
Worth noting last year we kind of did sign everyone available. Actually the Dolphins do this pretty often.

I really don’t understand why some people keep wanting to bring in TEs. I understand the want for Kyle Pitts and I get that but other than him what’s the point? Mike Gesicki is a really good player and he’s only getting better with each year. He was ranked 12th among TEs in receptions 4th in yards and 9th in TDs. He’s by all accounts a top 10 TE and hes still ascending. Plus he’s young and still has another year on his rookie deal. Durham Smythe and Adam Shaheen are also not bad players and each of them have a strength. TE is not in bad shape at all.
In the playoffs and the SB, I saw Gronk run over and through defenders. Honestly, I never really paid attention to him much before as I ONLY watch Miami games, but since this year I had the NFL Game Pass I decided to watch the condensed versions of the playoff games. Gronk is definitely a weapon, and I would love to see Miami have someone like him on their offense. Gesicki has excellent hands and makes some amazing catches, but he doesn't do much with the ball after he catches it. There's no way that he'll run over a defender or break a lot of tackles. That's not to say that I don't like him; Gesicki is very good at WHAT HE CAN DO, but he's no Gronk. As for Smythe and Shaheen, both have made nice plays, but I don't think anyone has seen enough of them to know how good they can be. It would be awesome if one of them turned out to be a dominant TE, but there's probably a reason why we rarely hear from them.

I don't know much about Kyle Rudolph, but I do know that a big, strong TE with good hands who can run through tackles would be a nice addition to the team. That said, the team needs to upgrade the talent at other positions first before worrying about the TEs. And, with a young rebuilding team, they might be better off finding a Gronk clone in the draft, although I wouldn't be mad if a talented Free Agent fell into their lap at a decent price.

In the playoffs and the SB, I saw Gronk run over and through defenders. Honestly, I never really paid attention to him much before as I ONLY watch Miami games, but since this year I had the NFL Game Pass I decided to watch the condensed versions of the playoff games. Gronk is definitely a weapon, and I would love to see Miami have someone like him on their offense. Gesicki has excellent hands and makes some amazing catches, but he doesn't do much with the ball after he catches it. There's no way that he'll run over a defender or break a lot of tackles. That's not to say that I don't like him; Gesicki is very good at WHAT HE CAN DO, but he's no Gronk. As for Smythe and Shaheen, both have made nice plays, but I don't think anyone has seen enough of them to know how good they can be. It would be awesome if one of them turned out to be a dominant TE, but there's probably a reason why we rarely hear from them.

I don't know much about Kyle Rudolph, but I do know that a big, strong TE with good hands who can run through tackles would be a nice addition to the team. That said, the team needs to upgrade the talent at other positions first before worrying about the TEs. And, with a young rebuilding team, they might be better off finding a Gronk clone in the draft, although I wouldn't be mad if a talented Free Agent fell into their lap at a decent price.
I’m not disagreeing with anything you said but my point is we have a top 10 TE right now that’s like 24 years old and on a rookie deal. He’s a receiving weapon and he’s lethal in the seams when our QBs find him. Gronk can’t get down field like that anymore. Kyle Rudolph is not getting down field anymore. Yeah they were great players in their prime and especially Gronk but just bc a TE doesn’t run over a defender doesn’t mean we should go find one that specifically does that. I want a TE to catch the ball and anything he does with it after is just a cherry on top. MG is not a great blocker by any stretch but Smythe is an excellent blocker that does contribute in the passing game here and there. Shaheen does neither great but is solid for both. I think TE is one of our more complete position groups. We have much bigger needs than TE.

I’m not disagreeing with anything you said but my point is we have a top 10 TE right now that’s like 24 years old and on a rookie deal. He’s a receiving weapon and he’s lethal in the seams when our QBs find him. Gronk can’t get down field like that anymore. Kyle Rudolph is not getting down field anymore. Yeah they were great players in their prime and especially Gronk but just bc a TE doesn’t run over a defender doesn’t mean we should go find one that specifically does that. I want a TE to catch the ball and anything he does with it after is just a cherry on top. MG is not a great blocker by any stretch but Smythe is an excellent blocker that does contribute in the passing game here and there. Shaheen does neither great but is solid for both. I think TE is one of our more complete position groups. We have much bigger needs than TE.
I mostly agree with you. TE isn't a must-have like the WR or RB positions, so I'm fine with the current group.

Why is it that literally every player that’s released, no matter how old or slow they are, we need to sign them immediately??? Come on people. Flo and Grier purged the entite roster of older, non-productive players and unwieldy contracts, and you want to resign them? No. Have you ever considered there’s a reason they’ve been released? If they aren’t in their prime (in mid to late 20’s) or have a favorable contract situation we’re not signing them unless it’s a backup vet QB.
I normally am not a “we have to sign that guy” type but for some reason I had visions of a Kyle Rudolph from 4-5 years ago in my head. I didn’t realize his productivity had dropped off so much. Figured he was a cap casualty but still a good player.

Back
Top Bottom