Going 0-16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going 0-16

jawa3913

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Been a Dolphins fan since 1973. Through the ups and downs. Only thing that would break my heart is if the Dolphins went 0-16. That would make us the only NFL team to go 17-0 and 0-16. For some reason I just can't fathom it.

Been a Dolphins fan since 1973. Through the ups and downs. Only thing that would break my heart is if the Dolphins went 0-16. That would make us the only NFL team to go 17-0 and 0-16. For some reason I just can't fathom it.
I hear ya man... but technically we are or will be the only team to go 17-0, and well... anything else. I will take a historically bad season if it means we turn the ship around.

I think both Josh and Fitz are able to get Ws. The team behind the Qbs seem to be built to lose.

I'm not happy about the prospect either.

In reality though, if we then turn it around, and win a championship (a big if), the tradeoff will be worth it, IMO.

It will become but a footnote in the greatest turn around in NFL history.

The 1990 Patriots only won a single game. They were unquestionably the worst team in the league that year and had been for a few years running (I saw them in Miami in 1990. It was a Thursday night game and one of the worst football games of all time; Miami fumbled five times). The franchise was considered “the” laughingstock of the league, bar none.

Nobody talks about that era of Patriots football anymore. I’m sure few outside of NE remember it. That’s because within 6 years they went to a Super Bowl and within 15 years they’d built a dynasty that’s still going strong almost thirty years removed from that 1990 season.

If Miami wins a Super Bowl in a few years, that’s the team that will be remembered, not this one. And if they don’t, we’ll they’ll be no worse than the sad sack team they’ve been for the last 15 years.

Unlike the 2 teams that have gone 0-16, at least we're bad on purpose. The next season those teams drafted Lions: Stafford Browns: Mayfield.

Unlike the 2 teams that have gone 0-16, at least we're bad on purpose. The next season those teams drafted Lions: Stafford Browns: Mayfield.

That’s kind of the key component for me not worrying too much about it.

Like someone said, it will just be a footnote.

For as bad as some fans have made us out to be the last years, the Lions and Browns actually earned their goose eggs. We kind of borrowed it.

When you look at the Broncos schedule and compare it to the Dolphins remaining schedule, there is a chance the Broncos will end up with the first pick in the draft.

I can see the Dolphins winning a game or two but the Broncos have a decent chance of going 0-16 or 1-15 because they really aren’t a good team. As they keep losing, they might just decide to see if they can do a better job of tanking than the Dolphins so they can draft Tua.

Back
Top Bottom