Going to Detroit. What to do before the Lions game? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Going to Detroit. What to do before the Lions game?

Does the NFL determine which games can be shown where or is it up to the local affiliate? Because it almost seems like the NFL is colluding with DirecTV to get more subscribers by making the local affiliates show the games no one wants just so the will sign-up for Sunday Ticket. Maybe that's just Tinfoil hat talk, but it does "seem" like it.

It's my understanding that the NFL has rules that they want TV stations to follow on which games they show. In other words, the NFL strongly suggests that the TV affiliates carry 'regional action.'

I think individual stations can choose to carry other games, though.

i almost got murdered in jax when i went there for a college bowl game a few years ago...got in a van who said he was a cabby in a cabby line of vehs outside the stadium...little bit intoxicated lol didnt really check...got robbed instead...i never carry cash but i had a ton of it for that game...thought he was taking me the scenic route

fun times in jax...

FreeCandyVan-1.jpg

Hoops: "Seems legit...."

i almost got murdered in jax when i went there for a college bowl game a few years ago...got in a van who said he was a cabby in a cabby line of vehs outside the stadium...little bit intoxicated lol didnt really check...got robbed instead...i never carry cash but i had a ton of it for that game...thought he was taking me the scenic route

fun times in jax...

Did you say you came down for the sd game?

FreeCandyVan-1.jpg

in my defense i think i had 12 of those 20 ounce aluminums before i walked out there...should have known when he put me in the front seat with no seat belt and a walkie talkie for a radio that something was up...

:lol:

I've been to Detroit a few times for games, it ain't that bad . Mind your business stay away from the known bad areas you'll be fine. I'm also going to the game this weekend with my wife. greektown is a good place to grab some lunch

in my defense i think i had 12 of those 20 ounce aluminums before i walked out there...should have known when he put me in the front seat with no seat belt and a walkie talkie for a radio that something was up...

:lol:

You drank those Budweisers out of an aluminum bottle?

I take it back. You deserved it.

You drank those Budweisers out of an aluminum bottle?

I take it back. You deserved it.

bud light...the gold standard of beers...if it had been draft i'd have deserved it

i honestly think the only reason i didnt get killed was cause i gave him like $2200...his eyes lit up like saucers when i emptied my pockets

bud light...the gold standard of beers...if it had been draft i'd have deserved it

Bad decision making appears to be a problem for you overall.

Lemme guess, afterwards you went to McDonalds and had the "gold standard of hamburgers."

fun times in jax...

FreeCandyVan-1.jpg

Come to a Buffalo game!!

Seemslegit-1.jpg

I've been to Detroit a few times for games, it ain't that bad . Mind your business stay away from the known bad areas you'll be fine. I'm also going to the game this weekend with my wife. greektown is a good place to grab some lunch

So basically just avoid the city all together? Got it! :chuckle:

Bad decision making appears to be a problem for you overall.

Lemme guess, afterwards you went to McDonalds and had the "gold standard of hamburgers."

no...i just like bud light...always have...only thing i drink now even...

Back
Top Bottom