Good Article From Dave Hyde Making The Big Picture Points | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Article From Dave Hyde Making The Big Picture Points

So what do we have to show for all of those players? We still cant win our division or a playoff game.
The original post was talking about how the Texans are laughing at the Dolphins now with the results of that trade. I was just pointing out that the trade by itself was a net win for the Dolphins (at least IMO) - the Dolphins managed to get Tyreek, Waddle, Chubb, and Holland with those picks while the Texans basically netted Tunsil.

I agree with you. It doesn't matter that they had the edge in that trade if they get the coach and QB wrong.

To add to that, Ross could have hired Dan Campbell.

I'm not giving up on McDaniel, but that was a coaching miss on someone who was in the building.
I think it’s fair to assume that Campbell at that time would have been a disaster. He himself has stated that it was the years he spent under Sean Payton in New Orleans after Miami that prepared him for and taught him what he needed to become a successful head coach.

The original post was talking about how the Texans are laughing at the Dolphins now with the results of that trade. I was just pointing out that the trade by itself was a net win for the Dolphins (at least IMO) - the Dolphins managed to get Tyreek, Waddle, Chubb, and Holland with those picks while the Texans basically netted Tunsil.

I agree with you. It doesn't matter that they had the edge in that trade if they get the coach and QB wrong.
I agree that the trade netted us quite a haul but it has not translated into success.

You are right, the reason the Texans are in a far better position than the Dolphins right now has nothing to do with that trade. They got the QB and HC right while its looking like we got them wrong

I think it’s fair to assume that Campbell at that time would have been a disaster. He himself has stated that it was the years he spent under Sean Payton in New Orleans after Miami that prepared him for and taught him what he needed to become a successful head coach.
Good point. Not sure he would have been a disaster. I think he has the it factor and would have found his way.

But do agree he was helped coaching under Sean Payton.

Yeah, that's why I prefaced a bit. But in turn, I don't think this fanbase (or Griers job for that matter) would have survived another couple years of sucking. He is in the endgame now.
Agreed. Grier's definitely in the endgame. He better finally figure out how to get a quality OL out there, get players healthy (and more importantly, stay healthy), and make a run next year (AFC Championship game or bust).

It was just a woeful gameplan combined with woeful playcalls.

But what stood out for me was how much hungrier the Chiefs looked than us. They were playing like a starving man fighting for a morsel of food, while we were just going through the motions.

Ross is ultimately to blame here. Once he took over, every new Head Coach has been a Coordinator who was a Coordinator in name only; he refuses to hire anyone with experience. And, all of his personnel decisions have hurt the team in some way. When making changes, he never cleans house completely; he always does it half-a@@. Fire the HC, keep the GM. Fire the GM, keep the HC. He may be willing to spend money, but that's his only good point.

The one thing that has been consistent with this team since Ross took over and hired Philbin is that the team is weak and gets pushed around and dominated by tough, physical teams. This needs to end... Miami should be the tough, physical team, but Ross is either blind or clueless.
Ross doesn't make the final decisions that's on Grier so what the Hell does Ross have to do with this

It was just a woeful gameplan combined with woeful playcalls.

But what stood out for me was how much hungrier the Chiefs looked than us. They were playing like a starving man fighting for a morsel of food, while we were just going through the motions.
Because we had already checked out

I'm kind of shocked to discover that Dave Hyde is still around. I guess there will always be a market for sports commentary such as "The man threw the ball. The other man caught the ball. Yellow is my favorite color." Frankly, you could do a lot worse.

Dolphins' offense and its limitations have been figured out.

In the last 3 game against Ravens, Buffalo, and KC, "Twenty-seven possessions, five touchdowns, five turnovers and a 13.3-point per game average. Six total points in the three second halves. That’s the Greatest Show in Quicksand." Ouch.
So, the question is, who is to blame? Tua for not producing in the second half of those games? Or McD for not adjusting in the second half of those games to account for the Defense's adjustments? Or both?

Additionally, even with those putrid offensive numbers, if a ball doesn't bounce off a helmet into a WR's arms, or a player doesn't blow out his knee in punt coverage allowing a return for a TD is the narrative still the same? Or does eeking out a win against Buffalo with the same offensive output change things?

Tunsil must be laughing his a$$ off.

We traded him in 2019 when we were entering our tanking phase and the Texans were good and won a playoff game that year.

5 seasons later our rebuild has been a complete failure and its looking like we might have to start another.

Meanwhile the Texans fell apart and had to start a rebuild of their own a couple years after we started ours and here they are winning another playoff game in a much quicker rebuild than ours, while we continue spinning our wheels.
Meh. Houston was 11-38-1 since 2020 and before this season. They also won 10 games to Miami’s 11. I don’t know how much Tunsil is or should be laughing about.

Back
Top Bottom