Good Article From Dave Hyde Making The Big Picture Points | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Article From Dave Hyde Making The Big Picture Points

This is fine. You can place all of this at his feet and I’m not going to argue you’re entirely wrong. I have hated every hiring decision this franchise has made since Saban. Every one.

The only thing I can say is that cleaning house (which I would have loved to see at various points) isn‘t automatically a solution. I don’t love Grier, but do I have a better view of Grier after he brought in Marvin Allen and Reggie McKenzie and would I be willing to let that work for a few seasons? Yes.

And as far as ancillary bullshit, I don’t blame Ross for the bullying horseshit. I don’t blame Ross for supposed tampering and supposed tanking. This stuff happens with every organization. The problem for Ross and the Dolphins was having employed Flores. And again, some organization was going to hire Flores. We happened to make the mistake. I mean seriously, there is some owner out there who might make the same mistake again.
Comes with being the head honcho...you get the good and the bad, at your feet. Why is it some organizations never have these issues or change HC every few years? Bro, it starts with the owner. And Allen and McKenzie's hands are in it now too, what do you think they think of the product on the field? "Hell ya, we can beat all the scrubs except the physical one...it's all coming together!!"

But since McD and Tua aren't going anywhere any time soon, I just gotta hope they learn a LOT of lessons from this season and can incorporate them into their psyche and game. They CAN improve, but not much this year points to it happening at a satisfactory level next season. It's still purgatory, but with playoff trips (lol) included.

"The sky is falling". Many posters want the instant gratification that comes with quick success. That seems to be especially true of the "newbie posters that have just joined, you know who you are. Meanwhile the talent on this team has improved form a division 2 college program back in 2019 to a contender. Obviously we are not quite ready for prime time yet, it took Andy Reid years to make KC competitive, to the point that they were talking about firing him. This team has improved, (yea, the Texicans won the Turnstyle trade, right 'O ignorant ones) but has not developed the mental fortitude to go win in cold weather on the road. We can't even win the biggest games at home. Now some here want everybody fired and the owner banned from the league? That's pure stupidity. The team is getting better, just not as fast as ANYBODY wants it too. The front office/ coaching staff seems to be working together better than it has since Saint Shula was here. There are 31 other teams that both get paid and want to win too. In the mean time everybody's bitching...
Andy Reid went and got a QB. We do that and we might get somewhere.

Comes with being the head honcho...you get the good and the bad, at your feet. Why is it some organizations never have these issues or change HC every few years? Bro, it starts with the owner. And Allen and McKenzie's hands are in it now too, what do you think they think of the product on the field? "Hell ya, we can beat all the scrubs except the physical one...it's all coming together!!"

But since McD and Tua aren't going anywhere any time soon, I just gotta hope they learn a LOT of lessons from this season and can incorporate them into their psyche and game. They CAN improve, but not much this year points to it happening at a satisfactory level next season. It's still purgatory, but with playoff trips (lol) included.
Issues like the ones you’ve cited are a lot more common than you‘re willing to admit, I think. There are a few current “model franchises.” I‘d include the Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs, Packers, and maybe the Niners (and the Packers are publicly owned). Name another franchise and you will find issues. Even the Ravens fumbled badly with Ray Rice, but winning tends to make those issues disappear.

Big Picture Point: Which NFL HEAD Coaches that are also the Play Callers actually won championships?

McDaniel needs to focus on being a HC and not offensive play caller. You have an OC and a QB coach. He needs to focus on the overall game strategy and flow and not calling plays. Maybe that is contributing to not being able to get a play in on time and wasting Time outs.

If Hydes thesis is correct it all points back to our GM Grier and how he has failed to deliver with all those draft picks.

Back
Top Bottom