Good Knight News on Kffl... NO GB Visit, Reports say will choose Miami! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Knight News on Kffl... NO GB Visit, Reports say will choose Miami!

Haha... where were all these comments a month ago when I was so lonely in my defense of the Dolphins offseason.

BLITZKRIEG and 3/4 of the rest of you wanted Dave's head on a platter, chastising management for sitting idly and not going after the big-name agents. Now, we've signed two Pro Bowlers to VERY friendly contracts (I'm guessing on Knight, but from what I've heard, it will be near-minimum) and we're about to pick up great QB depth.

Patience, guys, patience. I would like to reiterate some of the best offseason moves are made after the initial rush.

Look what I can do

Originally posted by WharfRat
Good news indeed! However, I won't un-cross my fingers until the ink is dry.....

fhgg113.gif

I looked like Wharfy when I read the post.....scared the wife to death

Originally posted by infiltrateib
Haha... where were all these comments a month ago when I was so lonely in my defense of the Dolphins offseason.

BLITZKRIEG and 3/4 of the rest of you wanted Dave's head on a platter, chastising management for sitting idly and not going after the big-name agents. Now, we've signed two Pro Bowlers to VERY friendly contracts (I'm guessing on Knight, but from what I've heard, it will be near-minimum) and we're about to pick up great QB depth.

Patience, guys, patience. I would like to reiterate some of the best offseason moves are made after the initial rush.

A month ago I didnt like how our off season was going. No Seau, No Knight, etc......

Not the same off season now........IMO

I have never called for Wanny's head because I like the guy, he is a great coach, a great person, he knows what he is doing.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

A month ago I didnt like how our off season was going. No Seau, No Knight, etc......

Not the same off season now........IMO

I didn't say it was a GOOD offseason back then. I said to be PATIENT, because the good moves were to come (when the initial FA rush died down)...

I was one who thought this offseason was a bust at first. However, you have to realize that Seau wasn't known to be available until late into free agency and there were tons of talented linebackers flying off the shelves without as much as a sniff from us. Not to mention the Price, Coles and Boston receiving trifecta that went by the wayside as well (No, I need not be reminded that we couldn't have gone after Price or Coles because we didn't have a first rounder, I am aware).

Put all of those together and you see why some of us were nervous out of the gate. I will take the time to eat some crow (well done, tastes like chicken) and congratulate Wanny (even though I think he is a terrible head coach, see how nice I am? ), Spielman and the rest of the gang for a patient overall great offseason. Hopefully that translates to a great regular season and postseason as well!

:jumper: :jumper: :jumper:

Now for the big question..how will he fit in to our scheme?
Certainly a quality player and I am thinking (am I wrong?) he is a john lynch type pllayer.You know the kind, good run stopper, lays the hits and comes up with timely picks.
Will our defensive scheme give him maximum opportunity to do this?

I, for one, am starting to feel like tooting my own horn. :tongue: But really, it's just common sense. You never judge an offseason until August.....not March. Especially THIS offseason, when it's balls-to-the-wall-or-else.

Originally posted by Dolphins2002
I have never called for Wanny's head because I like the guy, he is a great coach, a great person, he knows what he is doing.

Don't get me wrong here....because I defend DW on a daily basis against a Bucs fan, Cowboy fan, and Giants fan (all have good/great coaches)....but what exactly makes DW a GREAT coach. I find it hard enough to make arguments for him being worthy of the job, let alone GREAT. :cry:

Originally posted by burger13

Don't get me wrong here....because I defend DW on a daily basis against a Bucs fan, Cowboy fan, and Giants fan (all have good/great coaches)....but what exactly makes DW a GREAT coach. I find it hard enough to make arguments for him being worthy of the job, let alone GREAT. :cry:

The way he runs this team, he knows our strengths and weaknesses. Did you hear what he did this year...he made a tape of all the worst plays from last year. He knows what he is doing. He is a great coach IMO....maybe not yours.

wanny just made another fantastic move in f/a and aquired a quality player? why is he still being put down, everyone knows his a55 is on line, give the man some props!!!!!!

Originally posted by Tatonka

sorry.. that was my gut reaction.. i have to go throw up now.. :nono: :shakeno: :down: :sceptic: :jawdrop: :barf:

Haahha that made my day, a Bills fan almost at tears about a Dolphins possible transaction!

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom