Good Luck on Sunday | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Luck on Sunday

It's not really default when the games always seem to come down to a last second FG, or a ridiculous run to daylight by the ever so athletic Matt Schaub.

I thought our line held up pretty well last night. Andre has got me worried big time now though, especially if Vontae gets another case of the cramps. Of course he always worries me when he goes against the fins, but even more so after our secondaries performance last night. Btw, love the avatar bong!

How have the special teams looked for you guys? I know Carpenter is money, but is Bush returning kicks for you guys like he did in N.O.? How's the coverage?

No, Reggie did not return any punts or kicks. The kick returns are not very good at this point. Gates never got anything going and we kept getting penalties. It seemed like we were always starting deep on our end of the field. I kept hoping that Gates would just kneel in the endzone so we could at least start at the 20.

NE did not punt very often, and when they did there were few opportunities to return them, so it is hard to judge.

The punt and kick coverage seemed fairly solid. NE got a couple of decent returns, and we did have some penalties, but there were no really big plays that killed us. Compared to last years game against NE, the ST are much improved, but that is not saying much.

I thought our line held up pretty well last night. Andre has got me worried big time now though, especially if Vontae gets another case of the cramps. Of course he always worries me when he goes against the fins, but even more so after our secondaries performance last night. Btw, love the avatar bong!

I don't think the cramping issue is going to persist that much I mean Davis has been in Miami now for a few years so he should get up to speed very quickly. I love my avatar too but if Manning retires, I might have to find a new one (not that I'm complaining)

The New Guy said:
No, Reggie did not return any punts or kicks. The kick returns are not very good at this point. Gates never got anything going and we kept getting penalties. It seemed like we were always starting deep on our end of the field. I kept hoping that Gates would just kneel in the endzone so we could at least start at the 20.

NE did not punt very often, and when they did there were few opportunities to return them, so it is hard to judge.

The punt and kick coverage seemed fairly solid. NE got a couple of decent returns, and we did have some penalties, but there were no really big plays that killed us. Compared to last years game against NE, the ST are much improved, but that is not saying much.

I view the Texans ST units in the same way. Last year we had Slaton doing dumb stuff like fair catching a punt at the 1, or no kickoff returns getting past the 15 or 20 yard line. Sunday we had Danieal Manning get a nice KO return and Jacoby Jones running in one Colts punt 79 yards for 6 points. I think ST's could be a big big factor in this game along with the matchup of the Texans passing game vs the Dolphins secondary.

I view the Texans ST units in the same way. Last year we had Slaton doing dumb stuff like fair catching a punt at the 1, or no kickoff returns getting past the 15 or 20 yard line. Sunday we had Danieal Manning get a nice KO return and Jacoby Jones running in one Colts punt 79 yards for 6 points. I think ST's could be a big big factor in this game along with the matchup of the Texans passing game vs the Dolphins secondary.

I don't think the defense will be as bad as they were last night. They certainly can't get any worse.....I hope :lol: They were a very good unit last year, and have all the starters back. I think the problems can be fixed. Just not sure how much will be with this short week.

I do think the Texans will be able to move the ball and score. What I am curious to see is how the Dolphins new offense matches up with the Texans D. Hopefully, we can keep up and it will be another close game.

I don't think the defense will be as bad as they were last night. They certainly can't get any worse.....I hope :lol: They were a very good unit last year, and have all the starters back. I think the problems can be fixed. Just not sure how much will be with this short week.

I do think the Texans will be able to move the ball and score. What I am curious to see is how the Dolphins new offense matches up with the Texans D. Hopefully, we can keep up and it will be another close game.

Honestly I think the question of the Dolphins passing game vs the Texans secondary will be more or less answered by the front 7/offensive line matchup. If the Texans can do the Wade Phillips thing and generate a ton of pressure (Mario had 11 pressures/hurries along with his 2 sacks against the always terrible Colts O-line) it'll go a long way in helping our DB's out. I doubt the Texans will be getting much pressure attacking the left side of the line, but going through Incognito/Columbo (Especially since Wade probably knows Columbo's tendencies) seems to be the way to go.

Can Reggie Bush run through the tackles on a consistent basis? I think if the Dolphins run a lot of runs through the A gaps that would go a long way in dialing down any pressure we might be able to put on Henne.

EDIT: BTW Arian Foster practiced yesterday and is more than likely going to start on Sunday. Update your fantasy rosters accordingly.

I honestly think it will be a close game that could potentially go either way. That being said, thanks for coming in and having intelligent conversation and for being a classy fan! Can't really say that about some fans of other teams, but I won't mention which ones, Jets. Oops!

dont run the no huddle on us plz =/, our players will start crampin and falling over and than you will win the game, oh wait......

dont run the no huddle on us plz =/, our players will start crampin and falling over and than you will win the game, oh wait......

Our typical offense is a lot of quick snaps with 10 - 15 seconds still left on the playclock. We really don`t do a no-huddle because we don`t really audible a whole lot, however I have to think that after the NE game that Kubiak might have them do some no-huddle just to speed things up a bit.

EDIT: I have a question, does seeing a guy like Wade Smith going to the Texans and being considered a part of one of the best lines in the league bug you guys? I think the only Texan to go to another team and actually be a starter was Dunta Robinson going to the Falcons, but I think he got way overpaid, so I`ve never experienced that happening before honestly.

Fins D should really feel the need to show up this given their embarrassing opener. My biggest concern with our D is the total lack of pass rush, I was expecting a lot more from the D-line. Have to get QB pressures, have too.

Who is your slot corner? I think Bess will have a lot of catches this game, just don't see anyone who can cover him in the slot on your team. All our Wrs should have the advantage vs your secondary though, assuming Henne isn't on his back. I'm sure Williams will make Colombo his ***** as well as Watt making Incognito his whipping boy. Should be a good game if we can contain the running game and not bite on the playaction too bad. I'm looking at u Jones. I can't believe I'm about to type this but I miss Clemons. Get healthy soon.

Hey Dolphins fans, just wanted to drop by and wish you guys a good injury free game this Sunday against the Texans. I know you guys probably hate the Texans guts by this time with all of the silly endings that our two teams have had over the years, but I feel as though these two teams always have a really good game with a great ending.

I noticed that Henne looks a lot more improved than he did last year although the running game that you guys were known for the last couple of years doesn't seem as dominant as it once was. Not sure what to make of The Most Handsome Man in the NFL getting all those passing yards and I hope that Schaub can at least do a serviceable impression but I doubt it'll be like that.

Anyways if you have any questions about the Texans I'd be more than happy to answer them, but if you want to just tell me to GTFO then that's fine too. Just wanted to say good luck :)

First, welcome!

Second, a question: How did JJ Watt look in his first game? The dude scares me.

Thanks, and have a good injury free game!

Back
Top Bottom