Good Luck on Sunday | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good Luck on Sunday

First, welcome!

Second, a question: How did JJ Watt look in his first game? The dude scares me.

Thanks, and have a good injury free game!

It was pretty absurd watching a rookie push around veteran (albeit crappy) offensive linemen around like Watt was doing to the Colts.

To answer the other question, Jason Allen will be coming in on nickel situations (Brandon Harris where are you :( ) although there is a distinct possibility that they could have SS Glover Quin doing the dirty work on slot receivers since he was a CB last year and they might put Allen somewhere else in the secondary.

It was pretty absurd watching a rookie push around veteran (albeit crappy) offensive linemen around like Watt was doing to the Colts.

To answer the other question, Jason Allen will be coming in on nickel situations (Brandon Harris where are you :( ) although there is a distinct possibility that they could have SS Glover Quin doing the dirty work on slot receivers since he was a CB last year and they might put Allen somewhere else in the secondary.
Thanks man. I knew Allen was your 3rd and kind of in a battle for the starting spot but he doesn't play the slot for you guys does he? Lord help him on Sunday if he does. The Fins will likely use a ton of 3 wr sets as they've gone more to the spread and they'd be silly not to this game. Has your run D been pretty good? I know its hard to judge considering you played the Colts. Thanks

Thanks man. I knew Allen was your 3rd and kind of in a battle for the starting spot but he doesn't play the slot for you guys does he? Lord help him on Sunday if he does.

What I saw against the Colts was basically Quin and Allen switching off on who had the slot WR duties. Now bear in mind that having old and slow Collins was a significant boon to the Texans defense as he could not get the ball out fast enough on a lot of the plays. He did have a good connection with Wayne on the outside many times over but there were not any "big plays" really that the Colts had, which is something that Phillips preaches to his defense.

On 3rd downs though, you're going to see the Texans going into a 4-3 look most of the time with Mario having his hand down in the dirt. This was actually pretty effective as they took Shaun Cody out of the game to do this (One of Mario Williams sacks came from this look). Phillips has said a lot that his system is more of a 5-2 than anything else so my guess is that his system is going to rely on the front guys getting pressure and forcing bad throws than it will rely on the back end guys making great plays.

Our typical offense is a lot of quick snaps with 10 - 15 seconds still left on the playclock. We really don`t do a no-huddle because we don`t really audible a whole lot, however I have to think that after the NE game that Kubiak might have them do some no-huddle just to speed things up a bit.

EDIT: I have a question, does seeing a guy like Wade Smith going to the Texans and being considered a part of one of the best lines in the league bug you guys? I think the only Texan to go to another team and actually be a starter was Dunta Robinson going to the Falcons, but I think he got way overpaid, so I`ve never experienced that happening before honestly.

I'll address this since no one else has to this point.

First of all, I had no idea that the Texans had one of the best lines in football, but I guess you really can say that based upon being a top 3 offense, and the productivity of your running and passing games.

I also did not know that Wade Smith was starting for you! Athletic kid, I was really hoping he would be one of our guys but mostly everyone on this board will tell you that the Dolphins have no idea how to develop offensive lineman...it was supposed to be a Sparano strong point but he hasn't gotten the job done. Most of our players who leave here, usually go to the Patriots and become All-Stars or at least very productive players: Sammy Smith, Wes Welker, Larry Izzo, Rob Nincovich, Rob Konrad, and the next guy will be AJ Edds who they just picked up from us.

Does it bother us? When the person has obvious talent that just needs to be coached up, yes it does. However, if the guy is just not developing or our coaches do not have the ability to raise the players game within 1-3 years, then it's just best that they move on to another team.

I noticed that the Texans always seem to pick up a Fin cast off here and there - Morlon Greenwood, Wade Smith, Jason Allen, and I think there was another lineman a few years ago. Anyway, I lived in Houston for a couple years, great town, nice people out there. Good luck with the game this week, but I think we need it more than you guys. If Tony goes 0-2 he'll be on suicide watch.

I'm pulling for the Texans to make the playoffs, you guys deserve to go. Seeing how weak that division looks, you guys have no excuses this year

Hopefully we'll see you there come January :up:

Tonight the whole line did okay, Incognito got a lil sloppy tho.

I will be so pissed if you guys score on a short qb run again

No Way!! That was a hell of a Ball Game. Crowder is not there now so the QB draw will not happen. Henne ran a good one though and when I saw it that was the 1'st thing I thought of was that texan game.

I noticed that the Texans always seem to pick up a Fin cast off here and there - Morlon Greenwood, Wade Smith, Jason Allen, and I think there was another lineman a few years ago. Anyway, I lived in Houston for a couple years, great town, nice people out there. Good luck with the game this week, but I think we need it more than you guys. If Tony goes 0-2 he'll be on suicide watch.

Todd Wade, but i wouldn't really call him a cast-off. he was a solid RT for a few seasons

Bong...The Fins are a middle of the season team, plus we never win at home.
Go ahead and bet the house.

Nothing but respect and love to Texan fans. You have to listen to these A-holes in Dallas always referring to your team as second rate...and that sucks.

One of my best friends is a die-hard Texans fan, and we have remained civil through each and every game.

Hoping for an injury free good game...and that are both 1-1 afterwards :up:

blah

Honestly I think the question of the Dolphins passing game vs the Texans secondary will be more or less answered by the front 7/offensive line matchup. If the Texans can do the Wade Phillips thing and generate a ton of pressure (Mario had 11 pressures/hurries along with his 2 sacks against the always terrible Colts O-line) it'll go a long way in helping our DB's out. I doubt the Texans will be getting much pressure attacking the left side of the line, but going through Incognito/Columbo (Especially since Wade probably knows Columbo's tendencies) seems to be the way to go.

Can Reggie Bush run through the tackles on a consistent basis? I think if the Dolphins run a lot of runs through the A gaps that would go a long way in dialing down any pressure we might be able to put on Henne.

EDIT: BTW Arian Foster practiced yesterday and is more than likely going to start on Sunday. Update your fantasy rosters accordingly.

Dude. I'm diehard texans. He did not have 11 pressures/hurries my brother! He is no friggin god. I think you are due to your avatar lol.

And btw. I hope it's a great game with few injuries. I of course want my Texans to win, as you guys want the same for your fins. I won't bore you with my long opinions, as I am quite drunk right now. The key for Miami will be stopping the run. If we can run, then the play action thrives....and you guys don't want AJ running free. When we can run, there is no pass rush. For what it's worth...I friggin hate the damn Pats and everything they stand for. While I don't appreciate your oldies smoking cigars every year about the perfect season they had before I was even born, I for once was a NY fan when they shattered the dreams of NE and their perfect season. I've hated Brady since the cheating tuck rule that won them the game when I was hammered watching the playoffs years ago when I was at college at UH(whew...damn run on sentences! Chemistry major....not english lol). Their cheating and gloating throughout the years have not helped either. To think I was an Oiler fan that pitied them at one time. Just remember the 85 Bears game lol. Should have been Marino! Were you guys not the only team to beat them that year?

Back
Top Bottom