Good or bad decision give Doughty a shot. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good or bad decision give Doughty a shot.

The people that want to make this change are some of the people that told us Pead was our best RB thanks to him having 2 or 3 good plays in pre season while playing 3rd stringers and players no longer in the NFL.

Ozzy rules!!

I think QB's are gave way too much rope these days to hang themselves. Matt Moore should have been gone 2-3 years ago and replaced with the possible future of the position if RT did not pan out.
Instead they have sat on Moore and left the team and fanbase with no options. It was probably the plan all along...if the alternative is too promising the calls for change come loud & fast once the starter falters.

What other teams have had the same #1 & 2 QB lineup 5 years running? Seems like a a rigged system

What other teams have had the same #1 & 2 QB lineup 5 years running? Seems like a a rigged system ��

And a largely unproductive duo in the won/loss column at that ....

Trust me, I have gotten into more heated Tannehill debates than anybody on this site, but Adam Gase's number one goal is to definitively get an answer on 17 this season and you don't do that by throwing in the towel on him after a short week on the road against a top level defense with your offensive line shuffled up.

Where you been Kdawg? Hadn't seen you post for a while - another level headed post-even though I know your not his biggest fan.

See but that's the problem, Tannehill might go 2-2 or 3-1 with crap teams, and out of the 4 next games maybe 1 or even 2 are good teams, might give us fits and he might look great then go back to being inconsistent. We seen this inconsistencies routinely. We don't need this, how can other teams year in and year out find there man.... example Wentz, he has those Eagles flying high, and us fans are here are hoping just to have a decent year, for the last 5 years... like how much longer do you need to wait, to understand this guy is not the answer

For me the thing I keep coming back to with Tannehill that makes me lose faith is that all these young qbs keep coming in and lighting it up right away, just straight out playing him right out of the gate. Guys like Wentz, Carr, Simien....its getting beyond discouraging when it comes to Tannehill. I would say at this point I'm more of non believer. Took a while, the tools are there, but it just isn't coming together. I sure hope he doesn't end up on another team and playing better, like Alex Smith or Carson Palmer.

Watson will have some growing to do at the NFL level but to me he's easily the top guy.

The Notre Dame kid is a hoss but just lacks polish. There are some ok things about Kaaya but he looks twitchy to me under stress. That's a red flag or at least something to study hard.

I'd go Watson all day, all night. The Dolphins' problem is they never get in position to get the key guy.

Watson will have some growing to do at the NFL level but to me he's easily the top guy.

The Notre Dame kid is a hoss but just lacks polish. There are some ok things about Kaaya but he looks twitchy to me under stress. That's a red flag or at least something to study hard.

I'd go Watson all day, all night. The Dolphins' problem is they never get in position to get the key guy.

Kind of agree with that... also helps that the Canes can run the ball..

what ever we do do not start mat moore... let him stay on bench.... we don't want mat to mess up our record.

Gase is the coach and RT the QB this year its as simple as that. So let's just sit back and see if they can figure it out. If not and we are in this same spot next year then it's time to get pissed and give up on this duo.

Gase is the coach and RT the QB this year its as simple as that. So let's just sit back and see if they can figure it out. If not and we are in this same spot next year then it's time to get pissed and give up on this duo.
they are not going figure it out this year. I don't see us winning over 4 game

Wentz looks good now. Talk to me about him 10 games in when teams have tape on him and gear their defenses accordingly. I've been a very big Tannehill backer. I really like the guy but right now he is lost in this offense. I knew there would be growing pains but I didn't expect it to be this bad. As he gets more experience in this system he'll play better but he still won't have pocket presence and he'll still choke when we need him the most. As of the last game a lot of us have made their decision on RT. We're not going far with him at QB. That's what I believe now. The tease is that he does so many things well that at times he looks excellent. At the end of the day his game has fatal flaws that Gase has to try and correct. I hope he can do it but RT has never looked worse. As a fan I really want him to get it corrected but deep down I have my doubts that it will happen.

Let's put it this way about Doughty. If the fans know we will suck this year, then absent of wins, why do they watch. They do so for some kind of excitement. So then what's more exciting, watching the same qb for the last 4 years play the average way, or watch a young passionate qb come in and try to win the keys to the kingdom, to be number one in 17.
I think Miami fans would love to see a qb that grew up in Miami with the Fins out there driving down the field. I know I'd tune in to watch him play.

Back
Top Bottom