Good or bad decision give Doughty a shot. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good or bad decision give Doughty a shot.

You guys are totally ridiculous. If history has shown us anything it's that you don't need the top overall pick to find an elite QB. Look at where the top tier QB's have mostly been drafted: Roethlisberger 11th pick, Flacco 18th, Rodgers 24th, Brees 32nd, Dalton 35th, Wilson 75th. I don't need to mention Brady and Romo's drafts. Siemian? Because someone keeps going on about relative new names outperforming Tannehill. 250th pick.

Seems like any team could pull the next elite QB out of the first or second round. We don't need to be the worst team in the NFL to fix this train wreck. What we need is the right coach and GM.

The Pats can take just about any QB and make them look awesome!! What do they have that we don't? Coaching, A system, Scheme... Until the Phins gather any part of that, they have nothing.

I also want to say, putting too much money into one player.. i.e . NS, RT, you're limiting the chance to add impact players that can contribute!! F! this Team. Start moving pieces around to see what you have. They're not going anywhere this year or next!

Wentz looks good now. Talk to me about him 10 games in when teams have tape on him and gear their defenses accordingly. I've been a very big Tannehill backer. I really like the guy but right now he is lost in this offense. I knew there would be growing pains but I didn't expect it to be this bad. As he gets more experience in this system he'll play better but he still won't have pocket presence and he'll still choke when we need him the most. As of the last game a lot of us have made their decision on RT. We're not going far with him at QB. That's what I believe now. The tease is that he does so many things well that at times he looks excellent. At the end of the day his game has fatal flaws that Gase has to try and correct. I hope he can do it but RT has never looked worse. As a fan I really want him to get it corrected but deep down I have my doubts that it will happen.

Bro, wentz is a natural u can tell. Theres no robot there. And hes not even a mobile qb in a sense. Hes just natural and knows how to get the ball out. Thsts what we need is someone that can get the ball out and to the right guy.

Bad idea. If he is decent he needs to watch for a year at least. Putting rookie qbs in the fray is a bad idea. Just my 2 cents.

lawd have mercy, this is so much like a scientific law. When a team struggles people react the exact same way everytime. Play the 3rd stringer QB that will solve the entire team problems. LOL

Bad idea. If he is decent he needs to watch for a year at least. Putting rookie qbs in the fray is a bad idea. Just my 2 cents.

It is a bad idea in theory! But, there have been some (low percentage) that have surprised!! Class of 83, that all I'm sayin'!!

lawd have mercy, this is so much like a scientific law. When a team struggles people react the exact same way everytime. Play the 3rd stringer QB that will solve the entire team problems. LOL

Yes because that will make our crappy, crappy line and crappy coaching that much better lol

Truth is, Ryan has this four game home stretch to salvage himself.

Lets not kid ourselves, this was a 1-3 start all day . . . But these next four games will define the rest of this season and potential changes that need to be made.

Thank you...some of these "over the top" knee jerkers make me laugh.

He's not going to pull Tannehill after one bad performance......and after losing 3 road games to contenders.

I would absolutely support putting in Doughty tomorrow. It accomplishes 2 things...

1. Ends RTs reign of mediocrity
2. Ensures we will have #1 pick to get a real QB

DO IT!

Truth is, Ryan has this four game home stretch to salvage himself.

Lets not kid ourselves, this was a 1-3 start all day . . . But these next four games will define the rest of this season and potential changes that need to be made.

Yeah, after we lose the next 4 games we'll all be ready to jump off a cliff in mass numbers.

Who cares? He is off this team next year anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just saying if Gase benches him there's no going back. Tannehill will be worse then he is already. Though that might be a good thing to tank for Watson.

I agree Naps, Wentz is looking the part right now. Remember the same Eagles team had Nick Foles and he was amazing with his other worldly TD/ Interception ratio. He cooled off and isn't even on the team anymore. We could have drafted Wentz if we just stayed put. There's a great chance that we would be better off. Doughty has a quick release and makes fast decisions. He seems to have more natural Football smarts than Tannehill. His arm isn't close to RT but I would not be against giving him a few series in a game to see what he brings to the table. As I said, RT is lost in this offense and he's lost his confidence. He's finally turned into Carr. The sacks, the tipped passes, the accuracy problems and the statue like pocket presence all equal losses for this Football team and we, as a fan base, are over it.

Back
Top Bottom