Good read for all you Fiedler haters..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good read for all you Fiedler haters.....

akfinfan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-bobsanseverevikingsarelos&prov=knight&type=lgns

This has to do with the Vikings(Culpepper), and losses struggles as of late, but more importantly it talks about how QB Leadership is a higher key ingredient to winning than stats are. SO.....for all you "stats" a$$holes that hate Fieler so damn much because he "supposedly" sucks so bad. Jay is our man, and this article prooves it even more.

This particular quote says it all:

"Statistics do not reflect leadership, play-calling, and other intangible factors that go into making a successful professional quarterback."

Fiedler haters, read up and shut up!! :tongue:

Well, the fact is that Fiedler stunk it up in his first 6 games this year and Miami's offense was horrible.. Worse than horrible.. Luckily Miami was able to pull out 4 wins out of 6 games with Miami's defense allowing 11 points per game in that span.. Most of the Miami fans you call "Fiedler Haters" wanted to see Griese get the chance to start in hopes of getting this offense playing at a higher level..

This has been explained about 50 billion times but alot of these guys like "Chambers84" have the "Look at me. Look at me" syndrome..

No Miami fan would disagree that Fiedler is the better option at QB for Miami out of the 3 on the 53 man roster.. He showed it on Thanksgiving and in the 4th quarter on Sunday Night against the Redskins.. Everyone seems to raise their level of play with Fiedler there and EVERYONE knows that..

Not exactly sure what you try to accomplish different than the other "Look at me, look at me" threads that were displayed here after the Redskins game.. So to me this thread is worth manure

Chamber84<~~Look at him. Look at him. That's what he wants

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Well, the fact is that Fiedler stunk it up in his first 6 games this year and Miami's offense was horrible.. Worse than horrible.. Luckily Miami was able to pull out 4 wins out of 6 games with Miami's defense allowing 11 points per game in that span.. Most of the Miami fans you call &quot;Fiedler Haters&quot; wanted to see Griese get the chance to start in hopes of getting this offense playing at a higher level..

This has been explained about 50 billion times but alot of these guys like &quot;Chambers84&quot; have the &quot;Look at me. Look at me&quot; syndrome..

No Miami fan would disagree that Fiedler is the better option at QB for Miami out of the 3 on the 53 man roster.. He showed it on Thanksgiving and in the 4th quarter on Sunday Night against the Redskins.. Everyone seems to raise their level of play with Fiedler there and EVERYONE knows that..

Not exactly sure what you try to accomplish different than the other &quot;Look at me, look at me&quot; threads that were displayed here after the Redskins game.. So to me this thread is worth manure

Chamber84&lt;~~Look at him. Look at him. That's what he wants

griese got his chance....

" Culpepper's record as a starter is 28-27"
... AND HE's had Randy Moss and a running game for most of it...

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
Simply becuz of the defense.... defense wns games. a playmaker offense can score 40+ poins but with a weak defense opposing teams an score 40 just as easily if not mroe... indy has shown thi over the last few years...

REcipe for success:

1. Dont turn the ball over
2. Run the Ball effectively
3. Great Defense
4. 3rd down conversions
5. overcome mistakes (winning attitude)
6. special teams

not neccessarily in that order but all at once. all that takes good coaching giving players the tools for success. sounds easy? its not. we are able to do most of that stuff but coaching is not innovative like belechick. I would say that if we want to win this week we should do something innovative. With the extra three days i would have worked on a sporatic hurry up offense with two TE's on one set and 3/4 WR on the other where they hurry up for a couple of plays at a time. this way belechick cant dictate to you but the Oline/ricky dictate to them! jay and chambers hooking up long would put them in their shell and control the ball with ricky. Our defense can handle tom brady who is overrated due to INDY being overrated. their defense is not good. mark it down. they are not good and dungy would agree with me.

Originally posted by finfan54

REcipe for success:

1. Dont turn the ball over
2. Run the Ball effectively
3. Great Defense
4. 3rd down conversions
5. overcome mistakes (winning attitude)
6. special teams

not neccessarily in that order but all at once. all that takes good coaching giving players the tools for success. sounds easy? its not. we are able to do most of that stuff but coaching is not innovative like belechick. I would say that if we want to win this week we should do something innovative. With the extra three days i would have worked on a sporatic hurry up offense with two TE's on one set and 3/4 WR on the other where they hurry up for a couple of plays at a time. this way belechick cant dictate to you but the Oline/ricky dictate to them! jay and chambers hooking up long would put them in their shell and control the ball with ricky. Our defense can handle tom brady who is overrated due to INDY being overrated. their defense is not good. mark it down. they are not good and dungy would agree with me.

aha! i love that.... well ill quote madden from madden 2004.... "3rd down stats are a keeper. They do three things... keep your offense on the field, keep their defense on the field, and keep your drive alive". nothing better than getting ur offense more and more reps, burning the clock, tiring their defense, and scoring... so id like to say 3rd sats are definately a top prioity.

Chambers you are a dork.

The problem with you Fiedler Huggers are you have no objectivity about the guy. All any of us detractors say is "Hey Jay is good, but he is inconsistent and in three years has not been dependable"

You guys make it into a "hate" thing. Well you are partially right, we hate not going to the playoffs and winning. But we don't hate Jay.

Are you really so narrow that you think that Jay's wins are due to him? I mean you guys throw that stat around like Jay is going out and throwing for 400 yards and three TDs ala Dan Marino. This team wins when it does the right things. Run the ball, play good defense, and not turn the ball over. In the last two years when Jay can haul is fragile a$$ on to the field and isn't injured, he has done nothing special. He is a good leader, but he is a below average talent. At some point you need talent. In fact the last five quarters is the best ball he has played ever. And he has yet to have one solid season where he started all our games and played consistently. Not even one season.

So put that in your Fiedler Urn and smoke it. Before this season is over Jay will prove me right again. I hope big mouths like you are here to take it like a man when he tanks again.

If I am wrong and Jay excels then I will be the happiest man on the planet to sing his praises, because then we will be winning it all. I wil personally write the longest apology and suck up post to you and all the other blind Homers out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by fin-atic
Chambers you are a dork.

The problem with you Fiedler Huggers are you have no objectivity about the guy. All any of us detractors say is &quot;Hey Jay is good, but he is inconsistent and in three years has not been dependable&quot;

You guys make it into a &quot;hate&quot; thing. Well you are partially right, we hate not going to the playoffs and winning. But we don't hate Jay.

Are you really so narrow that you think that Jay's wins are due to him? I mean you guys throw that stat around like Jay is going out and throwing for 400 yards and three TDs ala Dan Marino. This team wins when it does the right things. Run the ball, play good defense, and not turn the ball over. In the last two years when Jay can haul is fragile a$$ on to the field and isn't injured, he has done nothing special. He is a good leader, but he is a below average talent. At some point you need talent. In fact the last five quarters is the best ball he has played ever. And he has yet to have one solid season where he started all our games and played consistently. Not even one season.

So put that in your Fiedler Urn and smoke it. Before this season is over Jay will prove me right again. I hope big mouths like you are here to take it like a man when he tanks again.

If I am wrong and Jay excels then I will be the happiest man on the planet to sing his praises, because then we will be winning it all. I wil personally write the longest apology and suck up post to you and all the other blind Homers out there.

Bravo....well written, I totally agree. Just because we win it's all Jay? I love how Fiedler huggers never give Ricky or the D any credit it's all Jay. I also think the almighty Jay will show his true colors before the end of the year and we lose a game we should win to end our season prematurely once again. I will also eat crow if Jay takes this team all the way, but I would put all my money on Jay throwing our chances into the other teams hands.
He is what he is, good for 7-8 wins a year and no SB.

Well since we're on the subject of unbias

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$

Bravo....well written, I totally agree. Just because we win it's all Jay? I love how Fiedler huggers never give Ricky or the D any credit it's all Jay. I also think the almighty Jay will show his true colors before the end of the year and we lose a game we should win to end our season prematurely once again. I will also eat crow if Jay takes this team all the way, but I would put all my money on Jay throwing our chances into the other teams hands.
He is what he is, good for 7-8 wins a year and no SB.

How come when the dolphins lose it's Jay Fiedler's fault, but when we win, it's the d's and ricky's doing. Or when BG was in, when we lost, it was the o-line's fault, not his. I know this ongoing JF debate is getting tired, but on both sides of the fence, give credit were credit is due. JF can't single handedly win a game, nor can RW, CC, RM, or a single person on the Defense. It's a team sport fellas. I think JF gets way to much credit and blame for our W/L's. But one thing you have to recognize, is we win most of the time that he's behind center, even though it's hardly ever pretty.

btw, I know another team that's 10-2 right now that hasn't won pretty in a majority of their games, but I bet their fans are happy. And their ugly wins hasn't made our shcedule any easier.

Originally posted by chambers84
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-bobsanseverevikingsarelos&amp;prov=knight&amp;type=lgns

This has to do with the Vikings(Culpepper), and losses struggles as of late, but more importantly it talks about how QB Leadership is a higher key ingredient to winning than stats are. SO.....for all you &quot;stats&quot; a$$holes that hate Fieler so damn much because he &quot;supposedly&quot; sucks so bad. Jay is our man, and this article prooves it even more.

This particular quote says it all:

&quot;Statistics do not reflect leadership, play-calling, and other intangible factors that go into making a successful professional quarterback.&quot;

Fiedler haters, read up and shut up!! :tongue:

give it up...I tried with the same quote from NFL.com (section "QBR rating").

It is really not about Jay anymore. It is the fact that with Jay the team wins the majority of game, it is the embarrassment of blaming Jay for every loss and once again finding out that the bag (QB) they put all their marbles (hope) in was worse than Jay....for a second year in a row.

They will never change....

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Well, the fact is that Fiedler stunk it up in his first 6 games this year and Miami's offense was horrible.. Worse than horrible..

miami's offense was quite horrible indeed during those 1st six games, agreed...but Worse than horrible? that would be 3 of the 4 games griese started ;)

Re: Well since we're on the subject of unbias

Originally posted by rhadaddy

How come when the dolphins lose it's Jay Fiedler's fault, but when we win, it's the d's and ricky's doing. Or when BG was in, when we lost, it was the o-line's fault, not his. I know this ongoing JF debate is getting tired, but on both sides of the fence, give credit were credit is due. JF can't single handedly win a game, nor can RW, CC, RM, or a single person on the Defense. It's a team sport fellas. I think JF gets way to much credit and blame for our W/L's. But one thing you have to recognize, is we win most of the time that he's behind center, even though it's hardly ever pretty.

btw, I know another team that's 10-2 right now that hasn't won pretty in a majority of their games, but I bet their fans are happy. And their ugly wins hasn't made our shcedule any easier.

What do you expect from people rooting for 3 years against our starting QB and even accepting losses to make their case?

3 years...and every year they are dissappointed that we win more games than we lose.

How do you think they feel now? They are begging for losses to come so they can blame Jay again (of course losses with Brian was everything else).....

Originally posted by fin-atic
Chambers you are a dork.

The problem with you Fiedler Huggers are you have no objectivity about the guy. All any of us detractors say is &quot;Hey Jay is good, but he is inconsistent and in three years has not been dependable&quot;

You guys make it into a &quot;hate&quot; thing. Well you are partially right, we hate not going to the playoffs and winning. But we don't hate Jay.

Great, so it's win it all or he still sucks. Nice. I guess Dan sucks too???

Back
Top Bottom