Good read for all you Fiedler haters..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good read for all you Fiedler haters.....

Originally posted by inFINSible

Great, so it's win it all or he still sucks. Nice. I guess Dan sucks too???

That's a prime example of putting words in his mouth. How about reading his post for a change, and telling me where it says that he sucks?

Also, anyone that makes comparison's between Marino and Jay in the way of playing ability has to be off their rocker.

Originally posted by Graythreat

Also, anyone that makes comparison's between Marino and Jay in the way of playing ability has to be off their rocker.

you complain about someone putting words in somebody else's mouth, and then you post this? who compares the two in playing ability?

nice post. don't do this, but i can...

For the love of jesus christ we have discussed this as many times as Fiedler has thrown interceptions in his career as a Dolphin.

Re: My point exactly...well maybe..

Originally posted by rhadaddy

Go back rewatch last year's games against Minny, and NE. Becasue I clearly remember the Defense not being able to tackle in the Minny game especially when it counted, and how about the numerous fumbles minny had that could've killed the game but we didn't take avantage on defense. What about the NE game, we were up 11 points with 4 minutes left to play. Again, you pay your defense and overwhelming amount of money to make plays when it counts and they didn't. Was JF part of the problem, probably, but both games weren't "HIS" fault we lost. All of the games that we've won, was it all JF's doing, no, but he's apart of that win so he deserves credit.

Hell look at this year's games, we lost. Did JF play lights out against Houston, No, Did the Defense play well either? NO. Hell did NE play well against Houston? No, but they won, and we were a missed field goal and broken tackle away from that game being a blowout. What about the NE game? Did JF get his kick blocked in regulation? No, Did he miss a chip shot in overtime? No Did he give up a bomb in overtime? No. Has Brady played lights out, where NE has blown out all of it's opponents? NO. I'm not implying that JF is any Brady, however, you place too much credit or blame on JF, when it's a team sport and to go out and blame those lossess squarely on the shoulders of JF, when there were obvious gaffes by other members of our team is Biased and ignorant.

Be happy were winning.

Jay should be able to pick up the slack he is supposed to be a leader we all know the D will win more games then our O so I put it on the sholders of the O to win one or two close games a year.
In both loses the D only gave up 34 points thats 17 points a game not much the O could have done more. I think Keeping NE to only 13 points in regulation it's not asking to much of the O to score 14. Jay throws alot of INT's that turn into points thats not the D's fault.

Originally posted by chambers84
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=knight-bobsanseverevikingsarelos&prov=knight&type=lgns

This has to do with the Vikings(Culpepper), and losses struggles as of late, but more importantly it talks about how QB Leadership is a higher key ingredient to winning than stats are. SO.....for all you "stats" a$$holes that hate Fieler so damn much because he "supposedly" sucks so bad. Jay is our man, and this article prooves it even more.

This particular quote says it all:

"Statistics do not reflect leadership, play-calling, and other intangible factors that go into making a successful professional quarterback."

Fiedler haters, read up and shut up!! :tongue:

Should'nt you just be reminding us about the inevitable induction of Jay Fiedler into the HOF??? :rolleyes:

That's a prime example of putting words in his mouth. How about reading his post for a change, and telling me where it says that he sucks?

Let me spell it out for you. I KNOW what he thinks of Fiedler. We've had MANY discussions about it.

Knowing fin-atic the way we all do, any praise for Fiedler is begrudgingly given, and any semblance of failure will be his chance to take back any nice things he may have said.

As soon as Fiedler has one bad game, Fin-atic and all his buddies who now reside in the wood work, are going to come out and continue right where they left off. It's a given. It's been going on for years now. WE KNOW what is going to be said.

My point, which you so conveniently glossed right over, was that the standard at which some hold for Jay Fiedler, being a SB or bust, is completely unfair and I want to know from him, not you, why Marino is not held to the same standards?

Speaking of putting words in people's mouth, where did I ever compare their playing ability?

Originally posted by DPlus47

you complain about someone putting words in somebody else's mouth, and then you post this? who compares the two in playing ability?

nice post. don't do this, but i can...

Thanks D. :D

Not ONLY did you shove words in his mouth about Jay sucking, but you ALSO made the assumption that he said Dan marino sucks. Therefore, if you were conceding that Fiedler sucks and YOU alone wrapped Dan into that blanket comment about sucking (which you made btw) then you just compared Jay ( a questionable #1 QB) to Marino, possibly the best franchise QB ever. To jump to that conclusion, you must have made some comparison....or are you just blatently out to rip up Jay haters?

Originally posted by inFINSible

Let me spell it out for you. I KNOW what he thinks of Fiedler. We've had MANY discussions about it.

Knowing fin-atic the way we all do, any praise for Fiedler is begrudgingly given, and any semblance of failure will be his chance to take back any nice things he may have said.

As soon as Fiedler has one bad game, Fin-atic and all his buddies who now reside in the wood work, are going to come out and continue right where they left off. It's a given. It's been going on for years now. WE KNOW what is going to be said.

My point, which you so conveniently glossed right over, was that the standard at which some hold for Jay Fiedler, being a SB or bust, is completely unfair and I want to know from him, not you, why Marino is not held to the same standards?

Speaking of putting words in people's mouth, where did I ever compare their playing ability?

Exactly:tongue:

Not ONLY did you shove words in his mouth about Jay sucking, but you ALSO made the assumption that he said Dan marino sucks. Therefore, if you were conceding that Fiedler sucks and YOU alone wrapped Dan into that blanket comment about sucking (which you made btw) then you just compared Jay ( a questionable #1 QB) to Marino, possibly the best franchise QB ever. To jump to that conclusion, you must have made some comparison....or are you just blatently out to rip up Jay haters?

You know what, I can't argue with that.....once you figure out what my point was, get back to me okay?

Wow finatic are you really that blind? We are using stats? LMAO! What you just did was a nice slight of hand, but fortunately some us see thru that. We are the ones telling YOU to shut up about stats! It is funny you bashers will always say we win despite Jay and lose because of him, yet we are the ones who are blind. You have no credibility, you can twist things however you like, however that still doesnt make them true.

See lets break it down for you ok? Name me one supporter who says we cannot get any better than Jay at qb? CAn't cause none have said that. We all say Jay is better than Brian, and have been proven right to this point. Most supporters were even open to seeing if Brian could spark this offense and if he had put it together mentally, he didnt. Why? Is it because we lost faith in Jay? Nope, it was because a) he was hurt, and B) the o-line stunk, teh second wr stunk, the only option was to see what Brian had since we couldnt bring in anyone else better than what was on teh team at o-line and receiver. Sometimes change at qb provides a lift, and Jay was limited by injury.

No the point with the article was to illustrate what we have been saying about YOUR use of stats, that they cannot measure teh intangibles, which is what Jay brings. It illustrates that those numbers and subsequently qb rating mean diddly if you are losing. Jay is the third winningest qb of any active qb, and no, no matter how much you wish it, it isnt DESPITE Jay, it is because of Jay. But I am sure you can find an excuse as to why the team plays harder for Jay then they do for others and it has nothing to do with Jay right? Just like his winning percentage?

ok yep it was Jay that gave up the 80 yd bomb in ot? No he didnt play lights out, but then again did Brady? It was divisional game and two good defenses and a great defensive mind in BB. You fail to mention that Jay twice made plays in that game that would have won the game had Mare been able to kick one thru thegoal posts. But hey lets leave out that small detail right?

For those who say that we say Jay is the reason we have won all the games when we won, WRONG! It was a team that won, Jay contributed to that win, just as he contributes to a loss. Thats just it, you say we pin all our wins on Jay and call us blind, yet you do teh same with our losses and yet think you are realistic! Yeah right.

See what you fail to realize and acknowledge is what we are saying is that Jay will not lose us games nor will he consistently win games by himself. If we play well as a team, he is more than good enough, he is not enough if he has to consistently carry the team on his back. Our contention is look what happened when we had the best qb, he still could not carry the team to a super bowl. It also doesnt matter if you have the talent accross teh board if they do not play up to their talent level. In every "Big Game" loss, I guarentee you can find more than just Jay for why we lost.

how is saying Dan marino was still not able to pick this team up and carry it to the superbowl comparing Jay to Dan? You guys are reaching harder and harder at straws that aren't there. By saying that we are acknowledging Dan was far superior to Jay. We are also pointing out your hypocrisy, how? Because you all hold Dan as being one the best ever ( I do as well) yet you hold Jay to a higher standard then you do Marino. Because we never went to teh super bowl with Dan after his second year because if you constantly ask your qb to pick up for the rest of teh teams failures, he will certainly at some point fail, especially when facing the upper echelon teams, which constitutes big games. I also said before if your talent doesnt perform to its ability then the talent doesnt matter. So asking Jay to be able to pick up for the rest of the team, well he has, he just cannot be expected to do it every time the team as a whole plays poorly.

And I put to you bashers did the defense not play porously on the road down the stretch in December last year?

Originally posted by rickykicks@$$
Jay was in against Minn last year and we lost, he was in against NE with a playoff birth on the line and we lost, Jay was in against Ne this year and we lost, he was in in Texas and we lost, he was brought in against Buff last year and Ricky had over 150 yrds and Jay did nothing in that game,yes the game probably was out of reach by then but Jay did little to help that cause, Btw if you give Jay credit for the win in Washington this year then you need to take it away in that Buff game last year. I did not countthe BUFF or Wash games because they were not full games.

If you add Minn and NE to this years total Jay is 5-4 and with 7 out of 9 teams in that list none playoff teams WOW AWSOME we must be SB bound. This is what you Fiedler huggers are bragging about? Jay will be gone next year and Fiedler huggers will have to find another QB to put their faith in like I have been trying to do after another injury pleged sub par season thus far he has won one and a half games this year that he looked good in. The half game against WASH was not all Jay in the fourth quarter Ricky did well to help Jay.

I suppose when the defense gives up all those points when we were winning most those games in the 4th qusrter last year, it's all Jay's Fault. Weak point Bro.

Back
Top Bottom