Good thing we didn't draft Ryan Swope? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good thing we didn't draft Ryan Swope?

Amen...the mancrush level here for swope was strange and borderline obsessive. The kid is fast but not 2nd rd talent. This is one of those reports where 1/3 of the posters say "told you so", 1/3 say "I guess I was wrong", and 1/3 say "still would have drafted him in the 2nd"

You forgot the category of "Pick him up if he gets cut". :err:

I thought Swope was a perfect fit. Perhaps, he was, but it shows you the medical on him made him untouchable.

This thing is beyond "cat calls" about who wanted Swope. This kid has some major issues and the hope should be that he has a normal life beyond football, folks. Get some perspective.

Oh no the PC police is here. Get some perspective? We are talking football and the choice of drafting Swope. Was it a good thing or not. With that, comes the reminder that MANY here, put a 2nd round grade on him. On draft day, the main thread had people cursing Ireland for not taking him even in the later rounds. That is perspective.

He plays the game of football. Its his choice to play or not to. He can walk away, with his degree and make a nice living w/o football. There is your perspective.

Oh no the PC police is here. Get some perspective? We are talking football and the choice of drafting Swope. Was it a good thing or not. With that, comes the reminder that MANY here, put a 2nd round grade on him. On draft day, the main thread had people cursing Ireland for not taking him even in the later rounds. That is perspective.

He plays the game of football. Its his choice to play or not to. He can walk away, with his degree and make a nice living w/o football. There is your perspective.

It is not PC police. It is about mixing in some class when one posts.

It is not PC police. It is about mixing in some class when one posts.

Ah here we go. Its about class? And how do you speak w/ class on a topic about a WR that people HERE made in to a 2nd round grade? That cursed at the GM for NOT taking him through the first 5 rounds?

The guy will survive. He has a choice on what his future will be. He has a degree from a good school. He will be ok. This is a sports message board...not ****ing OPRAH.

Never wanted Swope. He was over rated the entire draft process. That being said, he would've been(absent concussions) a good WR in the league. He would or hopefully will, help a team win as a #2 or #3 WR. No star though.

Ah here we go. Its about class? And how do you speak w/ class on a topic about a WR that people HERE made in to a 2nd round grade? That cursed at the GM for NOT taking him through the first 5 rounds?

The guy will survive. He has a choice on what his future will be. He has a degree from a good school. He will be ok. This is a sports message board...not ****ing OPRAH.

Speaking nonsense since 2008? Could not agree more.

Please keep the peace in here. You can also use the ignore feature as well.

I said nothing wrong. I didn't attack the poster. But I do take issue with being told to post with CLASS, over nothing.

I'm sorry some here are so sensitive and want OPRAH rules when speaking about players. I won't be able to keep that level of class sometimes. Especially for football players that graduate and have a degree with the ability to do whatever they want with their lives. Swope has his WHOLE life ahead of him, and its his choice to gamble on playing a game.

You are right Cali. I apologize if I did wrong. I just get fired up when it seems people have lost perspective on the reality of the situation. Here, it is the concussion issue with Ryan Swope. The kid is in his early twenties in he seems to have PCS. Some here seem to have glee over the fact that he cannot play because of concussion issues and in turn they feel justified because "they never wanted him to be drafted by Miami". THAT is my issue on this situation. It is really gross.

It was obvious that teams had the medical on him that many around here did not have and it made him a red flag. All the pundits had him going earlier in the draft as well as many here. So what?

I am done discussing this...not sure why it is still in this forum anyways...

I said nothing wrong. I didn't attack the poster. But I do take issue with being told to post with CLASS, over nothing.

I'm sorry some here are so sensitive and want OPRAH rules when speaking about players. I won't be able to keep that level of class sometimes. Especially for football players that graduate and have a degree with the ability to do whatever they want with their lives. Swope has his WHOLE life ahead of him, and its his choice to gamble on playing a game.
Bro I didn't call you anyone else out by name. We can be respectful when replying to others, and remember what we give is what we receive back. We all can make the site a lot more enjoyable.

Thanks,

John

You are right Cali. I apologize if I did wrong. I just get fired up when it seems people have lost perspective on the reality of the situation. Here, it is the concussion issue with Ryan Swope. The kid is in his early twenties in he seems to have PCS. Some here seem to have glee over the fact that he cannot play because of concussion issues and in turn they feel justified because "they never wanted him to be drafted by Miami". THAT is my issue on this situation. It is really gross.

It was obvious that teams had the medical on him that many around here did not have and it made him a red flag. All the pundits had him going earlier in the draft as well as many here. So what?

I am done discussing this...not sure why it is still in this forum anyways...
Thanks Bro. My post was just to say keep cool and always remember to be respectful to others. It is okay to disagree with tact and dignity. If I can I like to try to keep the peace and keep things settled down before the staff here has to take action.

Some things for all to think about when posting:

There is another person on the other side.
Take a breather and walk away for a bit.
Use the ignore feature
last but not least report the thread and go get a Sammy Adams, another beer, or the beverage of your choice and let us handle it.

Thanks,

John

Last edited by a moderator:
ehhh i'd wait til he starts missing time in training camp before i say the kids not gonna last in the pros...but you're plum kidding yourself if you think that kid lasted til the 6th round for anything other than medical...would have been gone in day 2

I think the biggest thing was most of us wanted to take advantage of potentially one of the deepest receiver classes in NFL history and draft A receiver. But, as usual, Ireland is smarter than the rest of the world. Just like when he decided not to take advantage of one of the deepest tight end classes ever and let the Patriots walk away with Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez and the Ravens with Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta.

And yet, Gronkowski's issues coming out were health related, and here we are, with Gronk having a very worrying offseason health-wise so far. I wonder, supposing Gronk is never himself again -which is a possibility-, is his short brilliant career worth the 2nd round draft pick? Just please don't answer "no, cause they didn't win the super bowl", cause following that logic, spending a first on Marino was a wasted pick.

ehhh i'd wait til he starts missing time in training camp before i say the kids not gonna last in the pros...but you're plum kidding yourself if you think that kid lasted til the 6th round for anything other than medical...would have been gone in day 2

This I agree with. If anyone wants to start crowing about how they claimed he was too much of a medical risk all along, then go for it, although premature if you ask me. Anyone using this news to crow about his talent not being up to snuff needs to check themselves.

Back
Top Bottom