Grade Bill Lazor So Far... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade Bill Lazor So Far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going B+, some games were just bleh at the beginning. Jaguars game is a blemish. Would be an A+ though if not for the "Bone head calls" brought on by Philbin that lost us 3 games.

Jaguars game is an outlier. Offense barely had the ball in the first half because the defense scored a couple times. We didn't have time to get in much of a rythym. That really was a strange game...

I say A, maybe A-. His offense and play calling generally suits the players he has. I hope he stays a while.

IMO a coach gets an A for getting the best out of what he has to work with. JDW's great post shows that to be true. Anyone thinking differently, tell me what player he had who were good, not VG, on O last year?

I would say Tannehill, Miller, Wallace, and Landry for the entire year. Then there was Albert for a half, James for a half, and Clay for a half or so. That's it, and RT, Miller, Wallace, and Landry's play and improvement had to do with his scheme. An is very easy to give here.

Excellent post Wanny.

That is really what you want. Advancement in the offense overall. We score more points, show a balanced attack, and continue to develop our QB. We still need a lot of work along the OL and TE, nd our RB still can't get third and short reliably, but it's definite improvement. In my book that's an A-.

This thread is from October.

This thread is from October.
Yep. In October I posted to it. When my Tapatalk updated it sent me here so I posted again. Funny though, the assessment really hasn't changed since October.

Before the season I said how I loved the Lazor and Benton hires and how they were our best offseason additions. That proved to be true.

I also mentioned how Lazor always manufacturers a run game much better than his personnel and that this would be one our biggest areas of improvement, and it was. But, while this masks the prpblems, we still have issues along our OL. It's a good start, but it is not fixed.

Another aspect or a Lazor offense is a big strong versatile TE who can block and catch. We didn't have one last year. Hopefully Hickey fills that hole this offseason or Arthur Lynch gets healthy and proves he is ready for prime time. Regardless, we need that TE who can block in line and in space as well as be a big red zone target and third down safety blanket.

So next year will be better for the OL as a unit and individually for young guys like James and Turner as well as Pouncey being healthy. It will be year two for Tannehill and his receivers. I expect us to hit the ground running earlier and be able to work in more packages and complexity next year. Also, these things will make it easier to play an up tempo offense.

So yeah, I'm pleased with Lazor. And I am not surprised that everyone else is too.

he only gets an a when/if he goes to a full no huddle offense like the eagles...

he only gets an a when/if he goes to a full no huddle offense like the eagles...

I can see using the no huddle in key situations but to use it all the time like Philly will hurt our defense. The Philly defense had to face almost 100 more plays than our defense last year. Ball control is what wins you games these days. Look at NE in the Super Bowl. Hurry up just hurries your defense back onto the field. When our defense was working well last year our offense was controlling the clock with long time consuming drives. That is our best formula, not the hurry up.

the best formula is to get a real damn mike and then run full no huddle...

B-. I really like Lazor. There were times I felt the scheme didn't match the opponent, but overall he did well in his first year as an OC considering the loss of Albert.

Ditto "B minus" cuz of too many questionable calls. But since the one-eyed man is king in the Land of The Blind, rating on a curve since the departure of Linehan, he'd look more like an "A" level coordinator :idk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom