Grade Flores: So Far This Season... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade Flores: So Far This Season...

Honestly, I think anything less than a "B" is really being unkind and unrealistic considering the position he was put in.

I think those 2 wins thus far and keeping it close in some other games sold me.

The expectations certainly goes up next season when he starts getting his hands on some solid talent.

That's a tough one. If you discount the first four games, which I think is fair considering the roster turnover after training camp, I'm pretty happy with Flores. I'm not sure he's the guy yet, but Miami has competed week in and week out with the worst roster in football. The effort is there, the defensive scheme worked for a few weeks before injuries took their toll. The team is more disciplined, with fewer penalties. There's a lot to like.

Push comes to shove, I'd say a B.

I give the guy a ton of credit, really looks like he can coach. Will be nice to see the teams progression after our Draft Capital and FA $.

Some feel he could be coach of the year.

I like Flo, but that COY stuff is just crazy talk.

Well as of now I don't want him fired. He handled Minkah's situation very poorly but Gesicki and Parker are showing improvement. He also seemed to be getting the most out of Williams, and possibly Needham now. We'll see how things go in year 2.

Well as of now I don't want him fired. He handled Minkah's situation very poorly but Gesicki and Parker are showing improvement. He also seemed to be getting the most out of Williams, and possibly Needham now. We'll see how things go in year 2.
It did seem, on the surface anyway, that the situation with Minkah could have been handled better.

On the other hand, no strong willed HC is going to allow a 2nd year player to dictate who plays how much and where (nor should he). I don't think either one was going to yield enough to satisfy the other, so it is what it is.

You can have the opinion that Minkah was ultimately right, but that is irrelevant. When a coach says my way or the highway, there is no way to go back, and maintain the respect for his authority.

B

The team seems to be trying despite playing with a bunch of nobodies
Didn't like the way he handles the Stills thing, and Ballage usage is beyond weird

I agree, for now a B seems about right. He has good coaching, and improving young players attributes. What I don't understand is his perceived stuborness on certain issues, like continuing to give Ballage the starting role, not putting in Rosen at the end of mininless games, etc. But I guess fo being a new coach, with a new staff he has done above average.

B-C so far, I like a lot of what he's doing but there is still a lot I need to see for a complete evaluation. He was pretty much set up to fail.

B-C so far, I like a lot of what he's doing but there is still a lot I need to see for a complete evaluation. He was pretty much set up to fail.
Set up to fail? IDK about that. He basically got a free pass his first year, and an opportunity to build a team, in his own image, from the ground up. Many head coaches never really have that opportunity.

He was set up to have a brutal first season, as far as W/L record, but he knew this going in, and accepted the challenge.

How can anyone give him a bad grade? At the start of the year we were the league laughingstock. We were considered to be one of the worst teams in NFL history and people compared college teams favorably to ours. The Fins were the entertainment of the year! We might still not be very good, but nobody's laughing now. Our opponents are taking us seriously and playing hard, and most people look elsewhere when talking about the worst team in the league. A hopeful B+ for me.

Back
Top Bottom