Grade Flores: So Far This Season... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade Flores: So Far This Season...

Gentlemen everyone is entitled to their opinion but attacking posters for theirs will not be allowed so don't do it just state your case and don't get personal

Lots of extremes. I don't think he's coach of the year but worst coach since Cam ?

Not even close

He gets a B from me so far.

Lets see what he can do with some quality players before the final grade

I think he is a worse coach than Cam Cameron. Could have the worst pd in nfl history. Somehow he made the defense a lot worse than last year. New England doesn’t miss him.
It's worse than last year because he doesn't have half the starters that were here. You're a smart guy, you're well aware of that. I'm just going to take the premise you're trying to get a rise outta someone...

If I had to grade him at this point, I'd have to go with B+/A- He's done a hell of a lot with nothing, assembled a good staff, and seems to have the team all on board. One thing is for sure, there is no quit in this team and that's something we haven't seen in quite some time. He has made some rookie errors but that's to be expected by a first-time head coach, he'll learn. I'm optimistic about our coaching direction for the first time in many years.

If I had to grade him at this point, I'd have to go with B+/A- He's done a hell of a lot with nothing, assembled a good staff, and seems to have the team all on board. One thing is for sure, there is no quit in this team and that's something we haven't seen in quite some time. He has made some rookie errors but that's to be expected by a first-time head coach, he'll learn. I'm optimistic about our coaching direction for the first time in many years.
Another point is he aims to win ie 2 pt conversions, trick plays he ain't going to die wondering. He's not tanking so yes it will cost in the draft slightly but as you say "the team all on board" in the long run that's going to be critical, the positive culture.

He's won me over, personally. I've been heavy on the tank, and I still am, but he's forced me to stop blatantly rooting against this team. How can you? This is one of the worse collections of talent in NFL history. Chris Grier has done everything in his power to have that number one overall selection.

But then there's Brian Flores.... he's gotten a couple of wins and notched a few impressively competitive games even if just for the first half, and he's done it with street free agent after street free agent starting games the week they're signed. He's a disciplinarian, something we've lacked for a while. It shows in the penalty numbers.... we led the league before the outburst in Clevlenand.

Look, bottom line is the man can coach and I'm excited to see what he can do with the expected talent overhaul via the draft picks and cap space we will have in the offseason (the REAL season).

He's been the star of the season for me.

D

We’ve got 2 wins and are currently slated to draft 3rd.

So not only does he not win a lot of games but he wins too many for us to get Burrow or Young.

Oh and the fact that he couldn’t figure out how to use Minkah is a pretty bad. It wasn’t rocket science, play him at free safety.

He's won me over, personally. I've been heavy on the tank, and I still am, but he's forced me to stop blatantly rooting against this team. How can you? This is one of the worse collections of talent in NFL history. Chris Grier has done everything in his power to have that number one overall selection.

But then there's Brian Flores.... he's gotten a couple of wins and notched a few impressively competitive games even if just for the first half, and he's done it with street free agent after street free agent starting games the week they're signed. He's a disciplinarian, something we've lacked for a while. It shows in the penalty numbers.... we led the league before the outburst in Clevlenand.

Look, bottom line is the man can coach and I'm excited to see what he can do with the expected talent overhaul via the draft picks and cap space we will have in the offseason (the REAL season).

He's been the star of the season for me.
:cheers:

With what we had at the start of the year, to what we have now, the injuries, suspensions etc, a solid B. Still a rookie but a good rookie.

B+ for me. Has got some really good play out of a limited squad. Didn’t like the uncertainty around the QB position and think Rosen needs to finish out the season before too long but overall really encouraged by Flores.

B

I really wanted to give him an A, he has shown me so much this year, but he lost some points with the Minkah situation (Not the trade, but identifying and playing him to his strengths, and trying to make Bobby McCain into a FS when he already had that guy on the roster.) And a bit too much experimentation with the Oline. (Which clearly plays better as a unit when Kilgore is on the bench.) Maybe a slight deduction for the all the Ballage carries, but tough to tell because I dont see all the practice reps that our other backs get.

That's the bad, but there is SO MUCH good that Flores brings to the table, I am really excited that he is our coach moving forward.

I cant wait till next year.

Deserves an A - given the task he was handed which may just be the hardest task a new coach was ever handed. Keep a very young questionably talented team on point and focused on winning while searching for diamonds in the lower end of the pond while his boss is mucking up the water and decreasing the size of the pond.

Certainly keeping us on pins and needles winning the games he has, just doing his job and doing it well.

I think they both will look back on it in 10 years and have a good laugh about it, right now it's very serious for both of them.

I'm going to agree with the majority here, somewhere in the range of a B. He's made some mistakes, but unlike previous skippers, he seems to learn from them. Regarding results on the field, I refuse to hold him accountable for this stripped-down roster. Downgrades the roster plus the loss of Minkah, X, Reshad Jones, Quinn, Wake?

I'll be interested to see what he does with an infusion of talent next year.

Back
Top Bottom