Votes: 102 62.6%
  • C

Votes: 25 15.3%
  • D

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
'A' from me. Sorry we just couldn't afford Wilkens and Hunt at those prices and hope to continue competing. Great job filling the holes, if not with flashy players but quality depth, and creating cap flexibility for the future. Keeps the team hopefully relevant for the the near future and beyond.

I voted D.

Perhaps they’re “good” value signings but we’re bargain shopping low to mid FAs to rebuild the OL and half the defense. It is what it is.

Considering we organizationally tanked 5 seasons ago and had a plethora of picks from Tunsil trade, it’s hard for me to get excited where things are at… 😑

I said A for the combination of values on contracts and addressing of needs relative to the talent available in FA and the upcoming Draft.

Smith, Brewer, Barrett, Brooks, Fuller, and Poyer are going to see a lot of snaps, and they're all good, smart players.

I also like how Miami has attacked DT and OL with volume, value signings, and I like the bets they made, because they got guys who fit what Miami is trying to do, particularly at OL.

They got a lot more done than I was anticipating, and I like Wilkins and Hunt, but I don't think those are crippling losses. I think it was much wiser to spread those resources around and create some more balance along both units.

Added a tweet from CK that highlights the OL approach.

Last edited:
I said A for the combination of values on contracts and addressing of needs relative to the talent available in FA and the upcoming Draft.

Smith, Brewer, Barrett, Brooks, Fuller, and Poyer are going to see a lot of snaps, and they're all good, smart players.

I also like how Miami has attacked DT and OL with volume, value signings, and I like the bets they made, because they got guys who fit what Miami is trying to do, particularly at OL.

They got a lot more done than I was anticipating, and I like Wilkins and Hunt, but I don't think those are crippling losses. I think it was much wiser to spread those resources around and create some more balance along both units.

I changed my vote from B to A

J knows these guys way better than I do :cigar

In the context of our cap situation, limiting the grade to just this off season - it's an A. Just looking at talent in vs talent out it's a C+ or so. But I think the A is the more telling grade.

Just focusing on the players gone…

Losing Wilkins was a gut punch. Really wish Miami could have got something done to keep him, but Christian bet on himself and got $27m a year. Dude wanted the bag more than anything else and he got it.

Hunt getting $20m a year and Jones getting 3/20m was both insane. They are both solid players but not worth the contracts. Happy they got paid more than they were worth elsewhere and not by us.

I like AVG, dude just understands the game and is always around the football. That said as a pure pass rusher he was limited. I’m okay with replacing him with Barrett at less money.

No idea what Jerome Baker was thinking. Didn’t want a pay cut to stay and only got $7m for 1 year. Seems like the phone wasn’t ringing like he figured it would.

Think the reason X is still a free agent is he’s being humbled by the market. Dude thinks he’s still a $20m a year guy and he’s not.

Cedric Wilson was just unlucky. He is a solid player, Tyreek coming available isn’t something he could have foreseen. The man handled everything right and I hope he can showcase his talents NO.

Hate losing Elliott when he’s only getting $3m a year, but he would have been a backup for Pryor so I can’t fault him for leaving.

C - we did not get better.

We have done well with the cap space we had, but we clearly went for quantity over quality.

We did not have a net gain this offseason, so we'll need to look at our incumbent players to get better. We may also have a few players from the draft starting for us in 2024.

Like the last pole about this, my grade has not changed. I think it’s a solid B. Closer to a B+.

I like the quantity of our choices. When you have several people trying out for one or two spots, that’s what drives the best competition I believe instead of having two or three people.

Someone is going to shine and win the starting positions.

Edit: I think we’re signing “tough” guys too.

Last edited:

Added a tweet from CK that highlights the OL approach.

:DTTO: Solid A...

The Dolphins tend to “win” the off season - it’s December that they tend to suck…

Paying for a bunch of 30 plus year olds could be boom or bust…

The dolphins are approaching desperation mode…. The franchise needs a playoff win or things are gonna get really ugly…

The silver lining of Phillips and Chubb getting seriously injured is the Dolphins are FORCED to get another serious pass rusher or two….

This team is now a boom or bust… I want to be optimistic but it’s so tough!
Dude chubb and Phillips are on track to be available week 1. What 30+ year old did we sign? We are not forced to do anything as we have one of the best rosters in the league. Are you actually following this team?

Back
Top Bottom