Reaction score
  • Round 1: No. 6 (from PHI) – Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
  • Round 1: No. 18 – Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami
  • Round 2: No. 36 (from HOU) – Jevon Holland, S, Oregon
  • Round 2: No. 42 (from NYG) – Liam Eichenberg, OT, Notre Dame
  • Round 3: No. 81 – Hunter Long, TE, Boston College
  • Round 7: No. 231 – Larnel Coleman, OT, UMass
  • Round 7: No. 244 (from WFT through LV) – Gerrid Doaks, RB, Cincinnati

I give it a B+. I'm disappointed they didn't get one of the top C's in the draft but maybe they think Deiter is ready to make the jump. He did play C in college before Biadaz.

According to the Dolphins, they got the best WR, the best DE, and the best S in the draft. You cannot complain about the quality of the picks. Flores was beaming over DE Jaelan Phillips as he was his guy. He also showed excitement over S Jevon Holland. Grier was ecstatic over Waddle and said he had him rated as the #2 prospect in the entire draft. And, I guess you can say that TE Hunter Long is a complete TE and we have Tua's blind side protector in Eichenberg if we move him to the right side.

Waddle (B+)
Phillips (A+)
Holland (B)
Eichenberg (B-)
Hunt (B)
Coleman (C+)
Doaks (A-)

So for me it's an overall B an i'm very happy that we got my favorite Defense Player in the entire Draft.

I'm not too psyched about Waddle, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised. The concussion history with Phillips is concerning, but since he had none this last season, I like the pick.

I LOVE the Holland pick. I like picking an OT in the 2nd, but Cosmi was my choice.

I'm lukewarm on the Long pick, but if he ends up being our 2nd best receiving TE who can block, he'll be our best all-around TE.

Overall, I gave it an A, because despite wanting some differences, I think it's obvious, for the most part, Grier and Flores got the guys they wanted.

It's going to be a long few months.

According to the Dolphins, they got the best WR, the best DE, and the best S in the draft. You cannot complain about the quality of the picks. Flores was beaming over DE Jaelan Phillips as he was his guy. He also showed excitement over S Jevon Holland. Grier was ecstatic over Waddle and said he had him rated as the #2 prospect in the entire draft. And, I guess you can say that TE Hunter Long is a complete TE and we have Tua's blind side protector in Eichenberg if we move him to the right side.

Waddle (B+)
Phillips (A+)
Holland (B)
Eichenberg (B-)
Hunt (B)
Coleman (C+)
Doaks (A-)

So for me it's an overall B an i'm very happy that we got my favorite Defense Player in the entire Draft.
Im just going to give an overall grade of B+.

I like the philosophy. All of the picks make sense to some degree.

I was meh on the TE pick at first but even that makes sense moving forward with the expiring contract of our current group.

I feel in under two years Grier and Flo transformed this team. I have A's down the board on this draft. This is the most impressive draft any of my teams has ever complied. I'm prepared to tag this statement and revisit in 2 years. This will go down as the most successful class of the 2000s. Our first 5 picks will all be starters for us(for some time) going into the 3rd year of draft.

Waddle (A) 4.5 pts
Phillips (A) 4.5 pts

Great day one
-------------------------------------------------
Holland (A) 4.5 pts
Eichenberg (B) 3.5
Hunt [B- (if the plan is to move Geisicki) C - (if the plan is to use him in concert with Gesicki)] 3.25 or 2 pts

Good day 2...I should have known the TE was going to start the slide
--------------------------------------------------
Coleman (C+) 2.5 pts
Doaks (B-...I would have preferred Kylin Hill) 3.25 pts

Oh well...one may hit. Who knows
--------------------------------------------------

26 out of 35 possible points = 74-------low C

Back
Top Bottom