Grade the draft | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grade the draft

Grade the draft

• Total voters
C for me. It has to be remembered that we had 4 top 50 picks plus another at 81. It was going to be hard to really screw this up, like taking a D player at 6 or drafting Greg Rousseau at 18. The picks were generally solid ones but I do feel we lacked getting value, and that started a month back when we made the trades. At the end of the day all we have is a 1st rounder in '23 for moving out of the key spot of this year's draft, NYG have got more compensation from a worse team for moving down in the middle of the first.

I would have stayed at 3 and taken Pitts. Grier stated he had 4 players he was comfortable with using 1a on them, I assume, that's the 4 pass catchers, if that's the case moving up from 12 was way premature, do what Philly did and let the board fall, they were patient and got Smith.

Phillips is a great pick but it's also a risky one, I've not problem with taking that chance at 18, although I would have prefered a trade down a few spots if we could find a partner.

Think we messed up round 2. Holland and Eichenberg are solid players, they were not the best on my board at their respective positions, my pairing for those positions would have been Moehrig and Jenkins, but that's fine. If that's the combo you wanted and Grier stated he expected a run on OL at the top of round 2, then why not take your tackle at 36 either Eichenberg or Jenkins (both were there) and swing around to your Safety at 50 without having to trade up, or at least watching the board fall, I not convinced both Holland and Moehrig would have been off the board at that point.

Hunter Long is a decent TE prospect in a very weak TE class outside of Pitts of course. Did we really need a TE that's not named Kyle Pitts though ? There were tons of folks on here saying exactly that when people were pushing Pitts to be the pick. I was pissed when we made this pick as there were better options like Rodgers, St. Brown and Gainwell and many others on the board at the time. However since the pick has been made let's hope he can add something that I think is currently missing, that's a CONSISTENT underneath target for Tua, those other three I mentioned would have filled that role nicely.

The trade out of round 5 made sense, the board was going to crap at that point and picking up a better pick next year for trading out is good value.

I have zero knowledge or opinion on the 7th round guys, but at that point you are just taking fliers.

So as I said C from me, solid draft but there was room for improvement. Hopefully someone bumps this post in a few years when we have 3 pro bowlers from our '21 draft class.

Particularly agree on picks 1-3. Holland moves like a smaller Safety. Kept getting McCourty vibes, but he's significantly bigger. He also gives you ++ ball skills and instincts, and he tackles. These are all players with the talent to be among the best players at their positions.

Made the offense and defense a lot more dangerous. Phillips is good enough to hit 8+ sacks as a rookie. Holland will improve coverage, get his hands on balls, and do good work in the box. Waddle is going to make his fair share of big plays, and he'll create a ton of space for everyone else. Can't get over the idea of Fuller and Waddle on the field together šŸ˜»šŸ˜»šŸ˜»
And Tua has a very good deep ball. Just had no good deep guys. Grant is so inconsistent at ball tracking and his hands suck it just didnā€™t work

Just because you don't know a player in the draft doesn't mean we don't.

Dude played at ND, not some D3 school. You not knowing certain players is why your consistent bitching is the most annoying thing about this place.

Learn about the players Miami picked before typing on this fourm like a 12 year old child.
How many of yall are gonna "stick up" for someone for someone that I said something to that WASNT YOU. Ya'll get offended so easily... Its even worse cause I didn't say anything to the three of you who chimed in. Some people don't love every single move made like you homers do. Get over it

I give it a B+ because the first 5 picks have a real chance to contribute, right away. The 2 seventh round picks are pleasant surprises. I've not been this excited about 7th round players, since Rishard Matthew's was taken. Doaks has a real chance to become Miami's main RB. Coleman is extremely athletic and smart. High football IQ. He's got lots of potential to develop into a serious contributor. If Phillips can avoid serious issues and plays to his skillet, this B+ grade could easily become an A.

How many of yall are gonna "stick up" for someone for someone that I said something to that WASNT YOU. Ya'll get offended so easily... Its even worse cause I didn't say anything to the three of you who chimed in. Some people don't love every single move made like you homers do. Get over it
You made an insulting personal accusation, without provocation, based on nothing.

You don't see the problem with that type of thing?

speak for yourself. Danny has been drumming up Eichenberg for weeks
Yeah I def knew who he was (crazy that somone that posts daily on a football forum has heard of every projected day 1/2 pick, right?)

But Danny was the reason I really started looking into Eichenberg. And I did like what I saw and read.

So thanks @Danny . Ur the reason I was hoping we could snag Eich after we missed out on Jenkins (who I was admittedly still higher on).

Big reason I love this board. This place makes me a more well informed fan bc so many guys really know their **** (still have to filter the nonsense). In other conversations, whether online or in-person, I'm rarely talking w people that are on my level. And I don't claim to be an expert.

I'm far from offended.

It's a public fourm for the world to see, I can reply to anyone or anything I want. When people say stupid things I respond. Any other questions?

Yeah I def knew who he was (crazy that somone that posts daily on a football forum has heard of every projected day 1/2 pick, right?)

But Danny was the reason I really started looking into Eichenberg. And I did like what I saw and read.

So thanks @Danny . Ur the reason I was hoping we could snag Eich after we missed out on Jenkins (who I was admittedly still higher on).

Big reason I love this board. This place makes me a more well informed fan bc so many guys really know their **** (still have to filter the nonsense). In other conversations, whether online or in-person, I'm rarely talking w people that are on my level. And I don't claim to be an expert.
None of us is an expert starting with me. But I really liked him and Hunter Long. I'm ready to see what the new guys can do man.

None of us is an expert starting with me. But I really liked him and Hunter Long. I'm ready to see what the new guys can do man.
Never said anyone here was. But I respect ur opinion, and I can list plenty other posters I would say the same about.

In my circle of friend, I'm considered the "expert" and was getting calls and texts about what I thought of each pick. They might all own multiple Fins jerseys, but I bet they still can't tell you who Hunter Long is.

Just nice not feeling like the smartest guy in the room by default.

This was one of the best drafts we have had in a long time. As long as the O-line can block, we should have a very dynamic offense and a ball hawking defense. I am extremely excited for this season! Grier was able to fill most of our needs and he didn't have to reach to much to do it.

Back
Top Bottom