grade the pick | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

grade the pick

The experience he needs starts now, . Most college qb's come from systems not used in the nfl. If how you did in college was any barrometer of how you are as a pro, all your heisman winners would be stud nfl qb's and that isn't the case by far. It's about skill set, talent, and coaching, and this kid seems to have it all. Lets pray they develope him and we have our qb of the future. Giving a grade is hard at this point but i give them an A+ for adressiing the the qb position and recognizing the importance of it.

A.

All the concern about Tannehill's number of starts is stupid. He can play or not. Newton had 13 starts. He attempted more passes than Newton, or Sanchez. Both were selected higher in the draft. He has played more snaps in a pro style offense than many QBs drafted in the first round.

I want to punch the next person who writes that he is a converted WR. He is a QB. He was recruited to play QB. He played WR because his team needed him to. The more than 60 drops by his receivers last season showed that they still needed help at receiver. Instead of discussing his versatility and focus on the team, people complain...

A

Sherman believes in him enough to put alot of jobs on the line, thats good enough for me. I'll also give Ireland an A for growing a pair and taking an early risk.

A for me as well. I like the pick, maybe we could've traded back a bit but there's no guarantee he would've still been there. Once it got to our range of picks, it wasn't costing a ton for teams to move up, so it's not like we missed out on a ton of picks by not being able to trade out. One thing I don't get, people want to say Weeden was better and everything, he was the starter for 7 more games than Tannehill (2 years prior he had a total of 27 attempts). Weeden did not play in a pro style offense like Tannehill did. Tannehill played WR for 2 seasons but as has been mentioned, he went to all of the QB meetings and got practice reps at QB. Weeden played an entirely different sport for 4 years prior to returning to football.

I'm not saying Weeden isn't good because I think he can be a good QB. I just don't get how he's ready to start day 1 and a safe pick, but Tannehill is this huge project that's an almost lock to be a bust. Just to reiterate a point that people have been making but some don't seem to get, Tannehill was a QB first who moved to WR to help the team, he was NOT a WR first who decided to switch and try playing QB.

A+ for drafting DeCastro.......****ing hell we drafted Tannehill B-.

D- our first pick. I want to give it an F but there's always that 1% that all the experts are wrong and the guy turns out to be a stud. Those hoping that Sherman will make something out of this guy are also dreaming, he hasn't done anything since 2004.

Pathetic, never happy around here, News Flash, Matt Moore will never win us playoff game let alone the SuperBowl.
Its about time we took a risk on a QB in the first, b/c that what it is no matter when you select, see Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, David Carr etc, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker Blaine Gabbert...
Finally we get with the program, we need to take a chance on a QB in the first, we have suffered long enough with re-treads, he has the tools, lets see what happens!!

B. Miami has the perfect situation for Tannehill to succeed, more than any other team.

Back
Top Bottom