Grading the AFCE draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading the AFCE draft

Dirtywater said:
Who cares about reaching. If you guys valued him at that pick, then take him. We did the same thing last year with mankins, he played great for us, so who cares if we reached a bit... we got our guy as did Buffalo.
exactly, we got the right guys for our cover 2 defense, it calls for quick players and McCargo is real quick and same with Whitner(4.38). We got the guys we needed and the right guys for our system, I could care less where Mel Kiper had them going.

MillerTime said:
the bills had a solid draft man, whitner could have gone 9, 11, or 13, and at the LATEST to the dolphins. and McCargo wouldnt have made it out of the first round because there was a huge drop off in talent after him. and then we stole youboty and simpson and even Williams. we got guys who will make big impacts on our team. but if mel kiper says they were reaches it must be true :up::up:

Homer post!

I was quite pleased with our draft. All the players we drafted filled obvious needs and we got some real good talent.

It doesn't matter to me that the goons at espn chose the bills to do a "what were they thinking" on. I'll tell you what we were thinking...fix the defense and grab some O-line. I'll tell you what we weren't thinking...."Boy I wonder if Mel Kiper will think this pick is a reach?"

Listen, I know more about my bills and our team needs a lot better than Mr. Mel Kiper, or Sean Salisbery, or Mike Golic, or Mark Schlerith, or Trey Wingo. So I'm not about to let those fools or any other divisional fan tell me what we need or what was a reach. Dwight Freeney was considered a big reach when Indy took him a while ago, look how that worked out for them.

Sorry draft grades and gurus aren't end all be all. I loved Marv's first draft and I'm still counting my lucky stars we got him back. Afterall, the bills could have went through another TD draft...

The AFCE had a great draft as a whole this season.

As far reaching as the Bills first two picks were, they addressed needs and Whitner is a damn good player. While 8 seemed high, and I admit, that name being called there was a complete surprise (I loved it :chuckle:), they'll get a danger man. They made up somewhat by getting Ashton Youboty too. Watch out for a possible trade of former Ohio State CB Antonie Winfeld back to Buffalo too..It's evident Marv Levy wants the whole set.

The Jets had the best draft in the division. They got incredible line assistance and I really like Leon Washington. Gulp. Oh wait, it's the Jets.

The Pats had a solid draft. Not a typical Belichick draft in my mind, but they got some impact. Jackson was a nice 2nd round pick and Maroney will be solid in the 2 RB game.

Miami, well, no need to talk about them in here. We had a good draft. Heard enough about it though. Some good steals.

We used draft picks for Culpepper , Manny , Cleo. No one seems to be adding them in with our picks this draft and i feel they should be included.

MillerTime said:
heres how I would rank them

1. Jets
2. Patriots
3. Bills
4. Dolphins

You know, I'm not going to argue with this ranking. I still say it's close between the Bills/Dolphins, which is sad for the Bills because the Dolphins had no second round pick. Had they had that pick, I'd rank the Dolphins in the top two.

What I would like to point out though, is offseason grades as a whole including trades for players, and FA pickups:

1. Dolphins
2. Jets
3. Patriots
4. Bills

I'll take the worst or tied for worst with the Bills grading on the draft, when you consider that we only got that grade due to trading a 2nd round pick for a franchise QB.

3P said:
You know, I'm not going to argue with this ranking. I still say it's close between the Bills/Dolphins, which is sad for the Bills because the Dolphins had no second round pick. Had they had that pick, I'd rank the Dolphins in the top two.

What I would like to point out though, is offseason grades as a whole including trades for players, and FA pickups:

1. Dolphins
2. Jets
3. Patriots
4. Bills

I'll take the worst or tied for worst with the Bills grading on the draft, when you consider that we only got that grade due to trading a 2nd round pick for a franchise QB.

The draft grades out as just who you selected not who you traded a pick for and if it includes all offseason the jets have also had the best offseason cleaning up the cap, not getting rid of many players and brining in some good players. You guys got some name players but culpepper has never been a winner in this league, Allen was let go so the giants could sign your former old, declining CB and your new OT was let go after Cle spent $20 to replace him before he was gone. it appears you did a good job w/ the draft(considering what you had left as far as picks) but as a whole your offseason was not great.

Crisis said:
How the hell do you grade a draft where everyone is still a complete question mark.
based on the value each team got and how good of a prospect each players is

nyjunc said:
The draft grades out as just who you selected not who you traded a pick for and if it includes all offseason the jets have also had the best offseason cleaning up the cap, not getting rid of many players and brining in some good players. You guys got some name players but culpepper has never been a winner in this league, Allen was let go so the giants could sign your former old, declining CB and your new OT was let go after Cle spent $20 to replace him before he was gone. it appears you did a good job w/ the draft(considering what you had left as far as picks) but as a whole your offseason was not great.
Shelton is a proven pro bowler and so is Culpepper. the Giants are idiots to think Madison is better than Allen. at this point in their careers Allen is better

nick1 said:
Shelton is a proven pro bowler and so is Culpepper. the Giants are idiots to think Madison is better than Allen. at this point in their careers Allen is better

Shelton was thrown to the trash by a team that spent $20 to replace him before they cut him. Culpepper is a stat QB, he'll make PB's but won't win SB's. If you think Allen is better than madison(even a declining madison) then you haven't watched Allen play. Neither is very good at this point but Sam is still alot better.

Back
Top Bottom