Great News..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great News.....

DallasDolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No more FIEDLER.

I/We are sick of watching him and it's time we move on.

Give this kid a chance. I bet he'll prove all you naysayers wrong.

Some of you think this is a bad move, but what if we failed to get Henson or Rivers (both would not start immediately anyway) and we had to start next season with Fiedler. Now that would have have been a bad move and made for a long season. That would have been sad. At least now we have some optimism about the QB position. Kudos to the FO for at least doing something.

Let's Go A.J.

This is just about the only ray of sunshine on this issue. Best of luck to AJ in 2004...

by doing this deal now we are not giving ourselves a chance to get Ramsey, Hensen, Rivers, etc.

The demand for Feeley is not so intense that this deal had to be done now. This deal could have waited until after we knew for sure we couldn't get the other guys (or draft someone)

Originally posted by DallasDolfan
No more FIEDLER.

I/We are sick of watching him and it's time we move on.

Give this kid a chance. I bet he'll prove all you naysayers wrong.

Some of you think this is a bad move, but what if we failed to get Henson or Rivers (both would not start immediately anyway) and we had to start next season with Fiedler. Now that would have have been a bad move and made for a long season. That would have been sad. At least now we have some optimism about the QB position. Kudos to the FO for at least doing something.

Let's Go A.J.

Great post DallasDolfan! I concur.:eat:

I can't accept that. We could have gotten one of the 5 QBs we have been talking about if the Dolphins wanted to invest the money and/or picks.

We chose not to do it.

We chose to place the future of our team on a third string QB.

Hard to get much sunshine out of that truth.

Washington already rebuffed us in regards to Ramsey, and the other 2 are unknown entities anyway and if they were our starter we would be in trouble from game 1. At least AJ gives us a chance to win now.

AJ gives us a chance to win now? His 5 games of NFL experience are that much better than a rookie QB?

And just cause Wash says they are not trading Ramsey the day after they sign Brunell, it is hard to say they will still believe that when he and his agent start complaining loudly

Kev....I am not saing it's the perfect scenario, but none of the others are either. At least we have someone with potential taking the snaps vs Jay F. Now we need o line and wr help.

by doing this deal now we are not giving ourselves a chance to get Ramsey, Hensen, Rivers, etc.

The demand for Feeley is not so intense that this deal had to be done now. This deal could have waited until after we knew for sure we couldn't get the other guys (or draft someone)

Which "guys" would that be??

We were out of the Henson running. Signing him to a contract is nearly impossible anyway.

Rivers has likely played himself out of our range.

Brunell is a Redskin.

Ramsey is off limits.

Who else is there??

It's much more than 5 games, it's 3 years under the tutleage of one of the most respected coaches in the league. He is far beyond a rookie in terms of understanding the game and reacting to the speed.

Originally posted by glh205

The Eagles were going to put a first round tender on him since he would have become a restricted free agent. That pick would have come out of this years draft I believe. Thats the rush I suppose.

And yes, 5 games as a starter in the middle of a playoff run is that much of a difference compared to a rookie QB.

even if they put a tender on him we could have made a deal.

Hey Muck...how r ya'?

You are right, there were not alot of options anyway, and I liked AJ when he filled in for Donavan. As a matter of fact, I was very impressed with what he did at the time, having not heard of him. My thoughts were why couldn't the Fins draft a guy like him.

I don't wear "aqua and orange" glasses, but I do see this as an immediate upgrare, and our "window" for getting to the big game with the current roster is limited.

Get some OL and WR help, and let's make the damn playoffs.

Once you get in the playoffs, then anything can happen.

See Carolina, which by the way, should have won the SB had it not been for a couple of bonehead calls, but that is a thread that's been rehased.

I wouldn't be as pissed as I am if we gave up a 4th or even a 3rd for Feely, but this organization treats future draft picks as if their worthless...and it pisses me off. We will regret not having a 2nd rounder next year.....

Back
Top Bottom