GREAT TIME to be a Miami Dolphins fan. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GREAT TIME to be a Miami Dolphins fan.

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I think it has to be said...

Back in 2002, after the Ravens beat us AT HOME to end our season (and many of our hopes - future and otherwise)...

I don't think that ANYONE... EVER... imagined that within less than two years the Dolphins would have...

- Ricky Williams running it...
- Jr. Seau STILL playing SOLID olb...
- Sammy Knight "roving"... and HITTING...
- Jeff Zgonina AND Rob Burnett
(if even just as situational players)
- T-Bucket back in town...

And last, but NOT least...

- Brian Griese... throwing it...

ALL... in AQUA and ORANGE.

Unbelievable (if you'd have told me then)!

And, sometimes, when they take the field on Sunday (for instance)... I just have to step back... take a GOOD look, and say...

Damn! It's a GREAT TIME to be a Miami Dolphins fan!

Go 'PHINS!!! :beerbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen Brother. It is a GREAT TIME to be a fan. Griese, Chris, Randy, Ricky and the Swarm Defense will lead us to the SB this year..

its really amazing how we got all this talent for the amount of money, you could tell they wanted to win a championship more than the money the were gaining

with the consistency this franchise has shown, and ability to stay competitive year after year, it is always nice to be Fin Fan. but this year has been enjoyable to me as well. ive gotten down to see a game, albeit in Jax, not Miami, i love the defense, watching Ricky when he gets going behind even decent O line play, and definitely see a cup that is more than half full when looking at the talent in Miami

I was so disappointed after that game, and it didn't help that I hate the Ravens. I know the Dolphins missed the play-offs last year, and the Baltimore was decimated by the salary cap, but beating them last year was so sweet. I agree, it is a good time to be a Dolphins fan.

But will we still be happy in a month or two?

yeah...you guys might make it all the way to the AFC Championship game this year..not bad...too bad you'll have to go through Arrowhead though....maybe next year
no smack intended btw...but no one's winning there...

Originally posted by CirclingWagons
yeah...you guys might make it all the way to the AFC Championship game this year..not bad...too bad you'll have to go through Arrowhead though....maybe next year

Yeah, you're probably right.....about the only chance anyone else in the AFC has is if KC stumbles in a few road games. But even that might not happen. I don't think the Chiefs will go undefeated but they sure look like the best team in the AFC (and the NFL, for that matter) right now.

Seaosn is still young, K.C. could drop its next five games and miss out on homefield advantage or the playoffs in general. Its kind of early to annoint anyone the number one seed. Kind of like how after each loss we deem the Dolphins dead...

Originally posted by Samphin
Seaosn is still young, K.C. could drop its next five games and miss out on homefield advantage or the playoffs in general. Its kind of early to annoint anyone the number one seed. Kind of like how after each loss we deem the Dolphins dead...
look at KC's remaining schedule...it's a joke
I dont think KC is gonna falter at all because of Dick Vermeil...he's a genius, and he's already done this twice before...this might be the best team he's ever had. Vermeil is a winner

Yeah but they havent faced out defence either..
:nana:

KC was outplayed by the Raiders two weeks ago and nearly lost the game.

Further, Dante Hall got them a couple of games earler in the year.

I'm going to wait to anoint them AFC Champs if that's ok.:)

look at KC's remaining schedule...it's a joke
I dont think KC is gonna falter at all because of Dick Vermeil...he's a genius, and he's already done this twice before...this might be the best team he's ever had. Vermeil is a winner

I agree 100% about Vermeil. I hope any doubt about whether it was Martz's or Vermeil's offensive handiwork in 1999 has been erased. Vermeil is a genius, Martz is an idiot.....his team should have missed the play-offs in 2000, made it to the Super Bowl the next year largely on the team Vermeil created, sucked last year, and I don't think they're anything special this year.

Hmmm...

I'm of the belief that the Chiefs easy schedule will HURT them in the playoffs. MARK MY WORDS...

They WILL NOT be prepared when faced with the caliber of opponent such as Miami, Tenn., Indianapolis or a healthy Broncos team (which they lost to TWICE last year, btw).

Also, LET - US - ALL - REMEMBER...

ANY team, KC included, is just an ACL away from losing most - if not - ALL of their remaining games. Ok, maybe not ALL of their remaining games. But I'll bet you whatever you want that KC fans don't even so much as want to consider the possibility of life without Holmes (see 2002 season) or even, Green (based on this year's play).

Enough.

I think it's nice you have us in the AFC Champ. game, though. ;)

Originally posted by zachseau13
KC was outplayed by the Raiders two weeks ago and nearly lost the game.

Further, Dante Hall got them a couple of games earler in the year.

I'm going to wait to anoint them AFC Champs if that's ok.:)
good teams find a way to win...just look at the pats superbowl run

also...dont take offense to this, but Vermeil vs. Wanny is quite hilarious

Back
Top Bottom