GREAT TIME to be a Miami Dolphins fan. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GREAT TIME to be a Miami Dolphins fan.

Originally posted by inFINSible

We didn't have Knight, Seau, Zgonina, or T-Buck....that's practically 4 new starters. We haven't faced them with THIS defense.:D

Okay....Which of those four will cover Gonzalez?

I think it became obvious that Zach couldn't do it. :)

Well, Miami proved last season that they can stop Priest Holmes, for the most part. With an improved run defense, I honestly don't think Miami would have any trouble shutting down Priest. I also think Surtain and Madison can blanket Johnnie Morton and Eddie "Stone Hands" Kennison all day. The problem is figuring out how to cover Gonzo -- Miami struggles against good tight ends, and Tony G is the best.

Originally posted by ZOD

Arturo Freeman would likely be tasked with this role in the nickel. He has the speed and he has bulked up.

mEthink ME must Be CraZy!

Originally posted by ZOD

But, you know who I'd put on Gonzalez? T-Bucket.

He has the speed to stay with him.

No, he doesn't have the size. There's no question there. But here's where Sammy Knight and Seau come in.

See, T-Bucket (as a 5th d-back) would just need to "start" the tackle on Gonzalez... meanwhile... Sammy and Seau come in for some serious "WHHHOOOOO!" hits.

THAT, we did NOT have last year.

Seriously, I think we have YET to see what this defense can really do.

And, so... we shall see. Starting this Sunday.

MOREOVER, stopping Gonzo would be easier if we played some ZONE... something else we didn't/couldn't do last year.

I'm hoping that Knight will stick him good on his first reception and he won't want to play any more. :lol:

Other than that, with Seau on the field, Zach will have less responsibility on Priest, leaving him a step or two faster to Gonzo. Plus, the way I remember it, Gonzo was pretty much covered well the entire time. Green was just making some PERFECT passes, that isn't likely to be the case again.

And don't forget Taylor was playing with a bum knee and we had 0 pass rush.

Also...

O-gun wasn't the force he is now.

And... mark this... Zgonina will PROVE his worth (if he hasn't already)... starting this Sunday.

But...

I think that about answers Zods question. :lol:

Buuut... but, but... but! :goof:

inFIN, why you always pick'n on me?!? :cry:

:)

What's up, bro? I'm gonna head out here in a minute.

Just wanted to say, "Happy Halloween!" Have fun. Be safe.

Alex

The problem (as I see it) with our defense stopping KC is that there top two players have to be contained by our linebacker core.

If Vermeill spreads the D with Gonzalez, Boerighter, Kennison, and Morton it leads to more one on one matchups. We usually love the one on one matchups-Not against these guys.

I think last year we had a choice. It was sort of "pick your poison". Stop Priest Holmes or stop Tony Gonzalez.

And uh.....If you listen to Priest Holmes talk about Gonzo he stops just short of giving Gonzo credit for about 700 of Holmes yards per year. He's just that good.

Infins...You have a bad memory about that game.

KC vs. Miami 2002

Gonzo- 7 for 140 yards and 3 touchdowns OUCH!

And now that I look at it.....

We contained Priest Holmes? 52 yards rushing 63 yards through the air. 115 yards of containment?

I think you guys must not have been impressed by KC last year. These points that they are putting up this year is nothing new to them. They just couldn't stop anybody last year.

As much as I like JT....

Boselli owned him..

Willie Roaf did too..

The story of this game was we got behind quick and were forced to play THEIR game. They took Ricky Williams out of the game just by putting points on the board.

If any of Jay Fiedler's fans want to see one display of my discouragement just check the last four series of downs in the 4th qtr. The game at that point was in his hands.

Greg Wesley celebrating his second of three interceptions.
clear.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by ZOD
The problem (as I see it) with our defense stopping KC is that there top two players have to be contained by our linebacker core.

If Vermeill spreads the D with Gonzalez, Boerighter, Kennison, and Morton it leads to more one on one matchups. We usually love the one on one matchups-Not against these guys.

I think last year we had a choice. It was sort of "pick your poison". Stop Priest Holmes or stop Tony Gonzalez.

And uh.....If you listen to Priest Holmes talk about Gonzo he stops just short of giving Gonzo credit for about 700 of Holmes yards per year. He's just that good.

Infins...You have a bad memory about that game.

KC vs. Miami 2002

Gonzo- 7 for 140 yards and 3 touchdowns OUCH!

And now that I look at it.....

We contained Priest Holmes? 52 yards rushing 63 yards through the air. 115 yards of containment?

I think you guys must not have been impressed by KC last year.

These points that they are putting up this year is nothing new to them. They just couldn't stop anybody last year.

clear.gif

god forbid the offense puts up 30 points with ricky only running for 66 yards in the game. you don't really mean to hang that loss on fiedler. if the D could hold Green to only 4 tds, they might have won that game.

I can't wait to see Griese against indy. The O will put up 21 and lose. You will put the blame squarely on the D's shoulders. As a guy who liked Fiedler before he was a dolphin, I can only pray that he goes to another team and makes some noise. I honestly think that the majority of Dol fans might be the worst fans on the planet.

Furthermore, all of a sudden you guys are worried about beating KC as opposed to simply earning a playoff spot. Holy crap... Last week, half of you guys were going to need a psychologist because the fins were 4 and 2. Now on the other hand, you're more worried about who has home field advantage in the AFC championship game. I can't wait to see what happens this sunday. Either you beat Indy and write the rest of the season off, or you lose and introduce yourself to the working end of a 12 gauge shotgun.

I'm glad to see you "outing" yourself.

You've been parading around here with Fiedler loving comments and you're not even a Dolphin fan. I could care less what you want to see or what you think about Dolphin fans.

Hell, you're probably a Jet fan. Which would explain your love for Fiedler as QB of the Dolphins.

Four years...Four years of hope is what I've had in Fiedler. Every offseason I read with much anticipation that his play has improved. Has it?

Has it been enough to get this team anywhere? You only look at him to be a "cog". That's fine, let him go be a "cog" elsewhere because my time as a "fan of Fiedler" has been wasted. That's the bottom line.

This "cog" has gotten this team to one playoff game that I drove over 600 miles to see with my wife and kids. The only thing that I saw was Sam Adams fatazz laying on top of Lamar Smith.

Back
Top Bottom