GREAT TIME to be a Miami Dolphins fan. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

GREAT TIME to be a Miami Dolphins fan.

ok...

actually though, that cog threw a td to tie the game against indy with seconds remaining in 'oo to send that first round playoff game to OT. The fins won that game and was then destroyed by oakland. Fiedler played badly with his separated shoulder, but badly nonetheless.

That Cog then went 11-5 AGAIN with Lamar Smith as the RB in '01. He then met the soon to be Superbowl Champ Ravens in the first round. he was losing by 14 early in the fourth quarter when he threw a perfect 50 yard pass to mcknight that would have brought the dolphins within 7 of the ravens but the pass bounced off of mcknight's shoulder pad and bounced into the air for an interception by the safety that was 3 yards from the play.

The next year he had the team 5-1 before he broke his thumb while beating denver on a last second throw to put the fins in field goal range. The team ended up going 9-7 where 11-5 would have given them a first round bye. of course, he lost to minny and New england. However, he was leading going into the late stages of the fourth quarter in both games.

I'm definitely a rarity. I'm a guy who was a Fiedler fan before he ever played a game in the NFL.

Nevertheless, I still think that SOME Dolfans are childish and immature. For those fans, I hope their team never wins another game after Fiedler is gone. For the other fans, I wish all the best.

As good as Griese looked vs, Diego it's hard to put a ceiling on what this well stocked team can do. 3 TDs 0 picks! If he can improve each week we are a powerhouse without any weaknesses. Think about it- Excellent passing game, Rickey and our Defense. To my thinking the only thing slowing us down was Fiedler hurting us in the passing game. If this problem can be corrected by Griese on a permanent basis we can whip anybody, and that includes The Chiefs. Big test for Griese this week but for some reason I'm confidant.

Originally posted by Joe M. Omma
actually though, that cog threw a td to tie the game against indy with seconds remaining in 'oo to send that first round playoff game to OT. The fins won that game and was then destroyed by oakland. Fiedler played badly with his separated shoulder, but badly nonetheless.

Wait a cotton pickin' minute!!!!

You mean to tell me that the Indy game is something to "credit" Fiedler for? Is that what you're saying?

Fiedler 19 for 34 (that's a 55% completion percentage ya know) for 185 yards with 3 (yes 3) interceptions and a single touchdown.

In the same game.

Lamar Smith 40 carries for 209 yards, two touchdowns and 3 receptions for 18 yards.

Fiedler 157 yards and 3 turnovers.

Smith 227 yards and no turnovers.

If you ask me it looks like the Dolphins won in spite of Fiedler but let's move on.

Oakland...

Lamar Smith had no legs. We simply ran him to death the previous week and his body just couldn't recover. 8 carries for 4 yards.

Jay Fiedler 18 for 37 (that's a 48% completion percentage ya know) for 176 yards with 3 (yes 3) interceptions.

Miami has had a top ten defense in 2000, 2001, and 2002.

Miami has been among the top ten in rush attempts in 2000 (8th), 2001(7th), and 2002 (need not explain).

Jay Fiedler has been given all the opportunity a QB could possibly ask for....

And he has failed!

That Cog then went 11-5 AGAIN with Lamar Smith as the RB in '01.......

Why you make it seem as though Lamar Smith was a detriment. He did afterall have 1200 total yards that season. We rushed him 4 more time than the previous season (313) and he caught one less ball than the previous season (30). 2000 and 2001 served as the precursor to what teams would do to stop us in 2002 and present.

I submit to you that the 2001 season was all Lamar Smith's 1200 yards, a Defense that only allowed 290 points, and a soft schedule.

Soft schedule? 128 wins 128 losses

ten 7-9
oak 10-6
ram 14-2
nwe 11-5
nyj 10-6
sea 9-7
car 1-15
ind 6-10
nyj 10-6
buf 3-13
den 8-8
ind 6-10
sfo 12-4
nwe 11-5
atl 7-9
buf 3-13
For those fans, I hope their team never wins another game after Fiedler is gone.

Those fans think that this team will finally reach it's full potential when he is gone.

PS....You were wrong about the eventual Super Bowl champs too. That was New Englands year. Baltimore was eliminated the following week by Pittsburgh.

Some more tidbits since I'm having so much fun....

3rd ranked Defense in points allowed in the league

14th ranked rushing yards offense in the league.

29th ranked passing yards offense in the league.

11th ranked defense in points allowed

26th ranked rushing yards offense in the league

19th ranked passing yards offense in the league

3rd ranked Defense in points allowed in the league

2nd in rushing yards offense in the league

29th ranked passing yards offense in the league (look familiar-see 2000)

1st ranked Defense in points allowed in the league

12th in rushing yards offense in the league

26th ranked passing yards offense in the league

Do you see a pattern here.....

You got one of the consistently best defenses in the league.

You got two different running backs that have bounced the teams rushing yards from 14th to 26th to 2nd to 12th for some unknown reason :rolleyes:.

But one aspect of the game that has remained the same with numerous different receivers.....The passing game has never been better than the bottom half of the league (and that's stating it lightly).

So where do I look? I mean I'm just a fan of a team.

Call me "stat whore".

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see Griese against indy. The O will put up 21 and lose. You will put the blame squarely on the D's shoulders. As a guy who liked Fiedler before he was a dolphin, I can only pray that he goes to another team and makes some noise. I honestly think that the majority of Dol fans might be the worst fans on the planet.

Did you protest the same when Herm Edwards took Vinny out and placed Pennington in?

Zod speaketh the truth and supports all deductions with facts. Tough to argue with the facts. I'm praying that Grieses' momentum builds each game because I've rewatched the first half of the Diego game 6 or 7 times and the passing game for the first time in ages was in sync, was formidable and was FUN to watch. Fiedler was ruining the enjoyment of watching my favorite team. I LOVE watching Griese run the show. Anyone who doesn't see a MAJOR upgrade just doesn't know what to look for. Griese spread the ball around. Touchdowns to 3 different recievers if I'm not mistaken. A passing game in rhythm, passes between the numbers and in stride. He's very smart and he's the type to get better each week. If teams stack 8 in the box he will make them pay. Very soon Grieses' game will open things up for Rickey, then watch out NFL cause the Dolphins are coming. Griese is the type of Q.B. to sustain drives, move the chains and give the D some rest. Before the Bills game we all thought wow, Bledsoe, Moulds etc., they were on a roll and we kicked butt. Indy won't be so easy but the result will be the same. With a real Quarterback this team is elite.

ok... i wrote last night more than a little bit buzzed from a haloween party...

i'll take the indy and oakland playoff games. all i said was that fiedler came back and threw the td pass in final moments to send the game to ot. he played both games with a separated shoulder. maybe he shouldn't have played. maybe huard was that bad.

Secondly, look at 2001. the one season that he played in its entirety without injury. 11th ranked D in points (aka. not a killer D) against and 26th ranked in rushing yards. They win 11 games against a "soft" schedule. to you a soft schedule is combined record of .500 ball. To me, most schedules in the nfl, lately at least, end up being .500 ball. Look, for the past three years this D's stats have been misleading. They'll shut down one team. But unlike truly great defenses, they collapse wholeheartedly when the game is on the line.

look, i can't break down every game he's ever played because i don't have video. I can tell you though that yards and to a lesser degree ints, are not the measure of a qb. yards are predicated on the flow of the game. you could throw for 180 yards a game and be extremely effective in the air. ints are not like errors in baseball. They are mostly the fault of the qb, but they can also be the fault of the wide receiver or just a tipped ball. I guarantee if you break down his ints this year you will see ones that were not his fault at all. just off the top of my head: the hail mary against the texans and the int where mcknight never turned for the ball. the one that hit thompson in the hands and bounced up in the air. The one in OT against the pats where it was a smart decision based on the downs and field position. Right there are two ints that were good throws and bad execution by the receiver. The other two were good decisions and had to be forced based on the situation. that's four out of seven this year.

This team won a lot of games because of Fiedler not in spite of him. And, I do think there is a lot of revisionist history going on to make it look like fiedler neved did anything worthwhile.

Feidler indeed has helped us win games but he is not a playmaker. We have more playmakers on defense than on offense. That being the case we need a playmaker at QB. Hopefully The Greasy One can fill that role

Re: But...

Originally posted by -81- McMichael

Buuut... but, but... but! :goof:

inFIN, why you always pick'n on me?!? :cry:

:)

What's up, bro? I'm gonna head out here in a minute.

Just wanted to say, "Happy Halloween!" Have fun. Be safe.

Alex

I wasn't pickin on you.:chair: :whip: :poke: :stick: :dance:

Back
Top Bottom