Greatest BBall player EVER | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest BBall player EVER

Nappy Roots

Da Dalphins
Club Member
Reaction score
Ok. Me and Budd are at a disagreement with who is the greatest basketball player EVER...........please chime in on this argument.

Jerry West Hands Down

For all of you people who dont know who that is
take a look at the nba logo and just marvel at the statue that is jerry

clear.gif

Jordan without question. he played in the toughest era ever for an offensive player, one in which teams were allowed to hand check and create the Jordan Rules to rough him up a bit (ok sometimes more than a bit) and dominated that era.

With the athletic evolution in NBA players over the last 50 years, allowing more blacks (and others) into the league Jordan played in what is also considered to be the era with the most intense and highest level of competition. And he had no one close to an equal. he played, he dominated.

Only Ewing's Knicks and the Stockton/Malone led Jazz presented any challenge. He blew past the the Dumars/Isiah led Pistons once he got some playoff experience. He blew past the Bird/McHale led Celtics once he got some playoff experience. He blew past the Payton and Kemp led Sonics. he blew past the Johnson/Worthy Lakers in 91. He blew past the Drexler led Blazers....he beat teams led by some of the greatest players ever in the generation of basketabll that produced the most basketball talent so far.

Lastly is the fact he made everyone else better. Because of Jordan's ability to pass and handle the ball teams couldnt take it out of his hands in a big spot. Case in point was the Knicks game when Jordan returned to the Garden wearing #45...who got the winning basket on a pass from Jordan but Bill Wennington.

West was certainly great; a player who loved the game and competed at the highest level but my contention is that he couldnt never have done what Jordan did during the late 80's/early 90's but Jordan's stats would have been even better during West's era because there were only a handful of players over 6-6 (which the same argument I make when Ive argued wilt...he played in an era of midgets...nothing against midgets of course)

Back
Top Bottom