Greatest Dolphins at each position | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Dolphins at each position

Looking at the lists, we have never had a really stellar right tackle. Laakso made a pro bowl or two. We have been insanely strong at inside linebacker, but somewhat weak at outside backer.

We have also been ridiculously strong at QB and WR.

Doktor Ivel said:
yea but Ricky was a way better runner than Mercury.
Im assuming by your age that you never saw Merc play. The man was Fast and Ellusive. I'd take him over Ricky any day!

Austin Tatious said:
Looking at the lists, we have never had a really stellar right tackle. Laakso made a pro bowl or two. We have been insanely strong at inside linebacker, but somewhat weak at outside backer.

We have also been ridiculously strong at QB and WR.
Are you kidding? That 1972 Team had 2 awesome tackles.... Wayne Moore and Norm Evans. Evans played for 10 years!

Just curious, did N Evans or Moore play in the pro bowl? I was too young to understand tackle play at that time, and neither gets much pub.

tay0365 said:
According to many, him and Klecko were the two best nose tackles playing in the 80s.

When i seen Baumhower against Pats guard Hannah who was all pro and he won 1/2 the battles against him says a lot for the man

Doktor Ivel said:
the thread the greatest fins of all time, was quite complex......there were a lot of different views on differnt positions. so here, post who you think was the best of all time at EACh position

QB- Marino
HB- Ricky Williams (sad but true)
FB- Larry Csonka
WR- Mark Clayton
TE- Jim Jensen
T- Richmond Webb
G- dont know
DE- Jason Taylor
DT- Tim Bowens (in his prime)
LB- Zach Thomas
CB- Sam Madison
S- Jake Scott
k- Pete
P- Roby

Guard: Little, Kooch, Newman.

Austin Tatious said:
Just curious, did N Evans or Moore play in the pro bowl? I was too young to understand tackle play at that time, and neither gets much pub.
Norm was a ProBowler in 72 and 74.
Wayne was a ProBowler in 73.

cdz12250 said:
Guard: Little, Kooch, Newman.
Larry Little is a no brainer... he's only in the HOF.

Kooch has been on the ballot but doesn;t quite get the votes. But he should. He had a 14 year career, was a 6 time Pro Bowler and, I believe, was the only 72 Fin to play with Marino as well.

QB-Marino
RB-Jim Kiick(in my mind)
FB-Csonka
WR-Mark Clayton
TE-McMike
C-J Langer
G-B Keuchenberg
T-N Evans

Awesome info. Was Wayne Moore the left tackle and Norm Evans the right tackle? Or vice-versa?

QB-does it even need to be said?
RB-Ricky Williams:shakeno: (hopefully not in another 2 years)
FB-Larry Csonka
TE-Keith Jackson
WR-Mark Clayton
WR-Mark Duper
LT-Richmond Webb
LG-Larry Little
C-Dwight Stephenson
RG-Bob Keuchenberg
RT-Jim Langer(just needs to be on here)

RE-Jason Taylor
DT-Tim Bowens
DT-Manny Fernandez
LE-Bob Stanfill
OLB-Bryan Cox
MLB-Zach Thomas
OLB-Nick Bouniconti
CB-Sam Madison
CB-Pat Surtain
FS-Jack Scott
SS-Louis Oliver

K-Olindo Mare
P-Reggie Roby
KR-Mercury Morris
PR-O.J. McDuffie

Austin Tatious said:
Awesome info. Was Wayne Moore the left tackle and Norm Evans the right tackle? Or vice-versa?
Yep. They were the best Tackle tandem ever , in my humble opinion!

Whitedolphin54 said:
QB D Marino; B Griese;
RB R Williams;L Csonka
FB T Paige;W Bennett
TE K Jackson; R McMichael; B Hardy
WR M Clayton;M Duper;J Jensen
WR P Warfield;OJ McDuffie; N Moore
T N Evans; R Webb
G L Little;K Sims
CTR D Stephenson; J Langer
G B Keuchenberg;
T J Giesler;
K P Stoyanovich
P R Roby

DE D Betters; V Den Herder
NT B Baumhower; M Fernandez; T Bowens
DE J Taylor;B Stanfil
OLB H Green; B Cox
ILB J Offerdahl;
ILB Z Thomas; N Buonniconti
OLB A J Duhe; B Brudzinski
SS L Oliver;
FS B Marion; J Scott
CB T Vincent;
CB P Surtain; S Madison

God that was so hard. I had to leave out so many players. Thats about the tenth time I have changed the team--Aaaagghh

LOL.. yea i bet.

I would point out TE.. I believe the best all around TE would have to be Bruce Hardy! Very good blocker, with excelent hands for years he was Marino's dump off guy. Not a big play threat like McMichael or Jackson but was utilized like a TE should be. He also played what 12yrs for the phins?

Slappa said:
LOL.. yea i bet.

I would point out TE.. I believe the best all around TE would have to be Bruce Hardy! Very good blocker, with excelent hands for years he was Marino's dump off guy. Not a big play threat like McMichael or Jackson but was utilized like a TE should be. He also played what 12yrs for the phins?

That is why i put him in there shag--he was a QB in college I think, but I aint sure on that one

Back
Top Bottom