Greatest Dolphins at each position | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest Dolphins at each position

Whitedolphin54 said:
That is why i put him in there shag--he was a QB in college I think, but I aint sure on that one

Well i can help ya out with that one, since i did happen to leave out that he is my cousin. :wink:

Yea he was a QB in college, in fact he was the 3rd QB on the Dolphins depth chart for yrs..

Slappa said:
Well i can help ya out with that one, since i did happen to leave out that he is my cousin. :wink:

Yea he was a QB in college, in fact he was the 3rd QB on the Dolphins depth chart for yrs..

wow this site never ceases to amaze me slappa--why they call you slappa--Whats he doing now--I remember the Cleveland post season game where he caught about 10 passes, most of them in the second half-- Marino and him just cut em apart--coincidently that is the game Crunch is showing at the mo

Whitedolphin54 said:
wow this site never ceases to amaze me slappa--why they call you slappa--Whats he doing now--I remember the Cleveland post season game where he caught about 10 passes, most of them in the second half-- Marino and him just cut em apart--coincidently that is the game Crunch is showing at the mo

Hehe..

Slappa is my CS name (Counter Strike) and yes i do rule!

Ohh those were the good ole day's i tell ya what!
He had many very good games. But the the thing i allways admired him for was his inteligence playing the TE position. And what i mean by that is that he allways held his blocks just long enough to keep the DE off of Dan's back while also giving the OLB time to forget about him and vacate the area. IMO the smartest TE to play the game.

My favorate memory was the 84 super bowl against the Niner's, when he caught a td bullet from Marino. A interesting side note is that that game was played in Passadenna (SP?). And Joe Montana not only put him and his familly up in his house but his parents and grand parents up to for like two weeks.. Class act!

Right now Bruce is a coach for FSU.

Slappa said:
Hehe..

Slappa is my CS name (Counter Strike) and yes i do rule!

Ohh those were the good ole day's i tell ya what!
He had many very good games. But the the thing i allways admired him for was his inteligence playing the TE position. And what i mean by that is that he allways held his blocks just long enough to keep the DE off of Dan's back while also giving the OLB time to forget about him and vacate the area. IMO the smartest TE to play the game.

My favorate memory was the 84 super bowl against the Niner's, when he caught a td bullet from Marino. A interesting side note is that that game was played in Passadenna (SP?). And Joe Montana not only put him and his familly up in his house but his parents and grand parents up to for like two weeks.. Class act!

Right now Bruce is a coach for FSU.

talk about coincidence--one thing i always remember about bruce is he always pulled his socks up after each play--but always had his shirt hanging out

Whitedolphin54 said:
talk about coincidence--one thing i always remember about bruce is he always pulled his socks up after each play--but always had his shirt hanging out

LMAO... I never noticed that but now that you say it. I guess i was allways to busy with the high five's!

Slappa said:
LMAO... I never noticed that but now that you say it. I guess i was allways to busy with the high five's!

that is cuz we were always winning then--do you think Saban can bring back the glory days--hang on wasn't that a song by Bruce springsteen--who just happens to be a fins fan

Whitedolphin54 said:
that is cuz we were always winning then--do you think Saban can bring back the glory days--hang on wasn't that a song by Bruce springsteen--who just happens to be a fins fan

I have every bit of confindence in Saban, who does'nt? And I really feel that we will make the playoffs this yr despite the compitition in the AFC East.

As farr as the Boss goes, as well as who are Hootie and the blow fish? I am not a phan. Now if Neil Young was a phan i would be impressed.

Slappa said:
I have every bit of confindence in Saban, who does'nt? And I really feel that we will make the playoffs this yr despite the compitition in the AFC East.

As farr as the Boss goes, as well as who are Hootie and the blow fish? I am not a phan. Now if Neil Young was a phan i would be impressed.

You are definitely an older 45 and me a younger 44--nice to see you have confidence in saban--Did Don Shula start off as a colege coach

Whitedolphin54 said:
You are definitely an older 45 and me a younger 44--nice to see you have confidence in saban--Did Don Shula start off as a colege coach

Haha.. Im 36 :lol: 45 is the number of post i have.

Neil Young is the gawd father of Grunge.. inspired the likes of pearl jam ect. I personally listen to everything from alternative, techno to punk. But we are way off the subject.

Slappa said:
Haha.. Im 36 :lol: 45 is the number of post i have.

Neil Young is the gawd father of Grunge.. inspired the likes of pearl jam ect. I personally listen to everything from alternative, techno to punk. But we are way off the subject.

That just makes it worse slappa :lol:

Whitedolphin54 said:
QB D Marino; B Griese;
RB R Williams;L Csonka
FB T Paige;W Bennett
TE K Jackson; R McMichael; B Hardy
WR M Clayton;M Duper;J Jensen
WR P Warfield;OJ McDuffie; N Moore
T N Evans; R Webb
G L Little;K Sims
CTR D Stephenson; J Langer
G B Keuchenberg;
T J Giesler;
K P Stoyanovich
P R Roby

DE D Betters; V Den Herder
NT B Baumhower; M Fernandez; T Bowens
DE J Taylor;B Stanfil
OLB H Green; B Cox
ILB J Offerdahl;
ILB Z Thomas; N Buonniconti
OLB A J Duhe; B Brudzinski
SS L Oliver;
FS B Marion; J Scott
CB T Vincent;
CB P Surtain; S Madison

God that was so hard. I had to leave out so many players. Thats about the tenth time I have changed the team--Aaaagghh

Mikefan22 here! I'm 41yrs young and you nailed it!

yankeehillbilly said:
I agree with most of your list. I think I would put K. Byars ahead of T. Paige at fullback though, and certainly Csonka ahead of all of them. If you prefer to classify Csonka as a "RB" instead of FB, then he easily beats out Ricky. Superbowl MVP and years of service to the Phins easily
outweighs 1 rushing title and no playoff appearances.

:shakeno: Never was impressed with Keith Jackson, just didn't think he gave his "all" to the Fins, didnt like his "baby steps" and especially didn't like his big grin after he dropped the ball. OK IMO.........:cry:

Back
Top Bottom