Greatest single MIA plays | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest single MIA plays

What about Marino's pass to Fryar opening day in Miami - the season after his achilles injury - Overtime - Fly pattern touchdown!

or Duper returning from a broken leg and his one handed catch down the sideline for a TD against the Jets

or the ball that bounced off of a Bears helmet into Clayton's hands for a crucial first down to beat the Bears and stave off da Bears undefeated run.

or Zach Thomas NFL opening day hit on a Patriot that knocked him out cold - was that Troy Brown?!

The hook and lateral of course!

AJ Duhe's interception touchdown against the Jets in the championship game 82-83 season.

But the single greatest play of in Dolphin history is symbolic - when Marino came in off the bench in game 5 of his rookie season against the Raiders and the anouncers had pronounced the Dolphin team DOA. Miami was getting crushed and Marino came in and absolutely tore it up - Joe Rose - Bruce Hardy - Nat Moore - Duriel Harris. Shula was a bit too old school and had waited until it was too late for Dan to realistically score a victory and Marino still almost did it. His first pass in a regular season game was the greatest play ever and the beginning of the most incredible, unforgettable player to ever play the game. Thanks Dan!

Dan Marino's 35 yard TD to Irving Fryar on 4th and 5 in his first game coming back from the achilles injury. It was the ultimate Marino, because it was such a ballsy play.

Dick Anderson's 62 yard INT return for a TD in the 1971 playoffs against the Colts. This play was an incredible example of teamwork, as Anderson weaved in and out around Colts as his teammates made perfect block after perfect block.

the fake spike :D

i also remember this one play, dolphins - raiders playoffs 2000 fiedler throws a desperate pass and oronde pulls it down like the best receiver ever :eek:

Awsi Dooger said:
You beat me to it, Lloyd. It was like dominoes falling one by one. I swear the white hankies waved for 10 minutes straight after that return. And I couldn't even hold a conversation with my dad one seat away, it was so loud.

Yeah! Any of the younger fans who want to learn what the No Names were all about need only to watch a tape of that play. :D

DolphinDevil28 said:
By far and away the Marino fake spike against the Jets.

I'm willing to bet that gets the majority of votes from others as well.
Agree

unifiedtheory said:
1985, week 10 in the Orange Bowl against the Jets.

Trailing 17-14...late in the 4th quarter.

The Dolphins are 5-4 and with a loss we'd fall 2 games behind the Patriots and the Jets in the AFC East.

Dan Marino throws a 50 yard rainbow, Mark Duper playing his first game in 2 months juggles and then catches it and walks into the end zone, arms stretched to the sky.

Dolphins win 7 straight and win the AFC East.

Sniff, sniff :cry: :)

saj005 said:
not the greatest play....

but does anyone remember marino getting sacked/tacked

by ray lewis.... and then reaching up and grabbing his jersey ?

That was Greg Lloyd of Pittsburgh who had said earlier in the week that he was going to knock Marino out of the game. He did, briefly. Then Marino came back and led a Dolphins comeback for the victory. Pretty cool.

Okay, I know I'm gonna start some s**t with this one:

Against Oakland, five seconds left, Phins down by 5, Jay Fiedler bootlegs to the right, pump fakes, runs it in and scores!

Okay don't kill me, it was a joke. But a very good play indeed.

zackattack54 said:
After watching the MIA/SD "greatest" playoff game on the NFL Network, I was wondering which single play sticks out as your favorite.

1 The Hook and lateral (SD)
2 The Spike (F the Jets)
3 Keith Byers TD run in snow against Dallas
4 Leon Lett Bumbling into ball (same game)

Least Favorite
1 Riggins running over Mcneal

1 The Hook and lateral (SD) - The reason I became a Fin Fan

Csonka

Here's another one, Csonka's longest run of the day, 29 yards, set's up Garo to win the "Longest Game."

My favorite play was the touchdown catch last year. Just because it was a bad year and it made it all worthwile. Was with a ton of people and it was fun to be laughing after they were telling me it was over when we were down by 13. Then the int topped it all off. So great!

Hook and lateral was the first game I attended and it was unbelieveable. I thought the stadium was going to collapse the roar was so awesome.

Fins05:NewHope said:
The night that Sam Madison owned McNair.....3 ints if I remember correct....that was a great night for Sam.
There was a Titan fan in front of me that night and he asked who number 29 was and I said it was Madison. He said #29 was going to have a long night. You know I had fun with that guy the rest of the game.

Back
Top Bottom