Greatest single MIA plays | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest single MIA plays

ther was a game in the 80s where a dolphin receiver caught a Marino ball while laying on the ground. That catch was amazing!!!

greatest play...fake spike

greatest catch...orande against jets where he spread out all his body parts and one handed...ok just take a look >
clear.gif

Hand's Down....

fishbanger said:
Czonka 56 yard run in the Super Bowl against the Redskins where he killed that Redskins midget Cornerback on the way. That play signified the pure dominance of an team and undefeated season.

This was the run that sealed the victory. And the CB he ran over, and just about threw five yards with the flip of his forearm was Pat Fischer - a 5.7" of him who tried to arm tackle Csonka. That or the play, which may be apocryphal because I have only heard about it (was in the Navy overseas at the time) in which Zonk got called for "Unnecessary Roughness" while running the football. I think what I heard at the time was that it was against the Bills.

I wasn't alive in 1982.....but I've seen this play on highlight reels before

It was the 1982 season opener against the Jets. The Dolphins had lost four straight games at Shea Stadium and were expected to lose, but not on this day. Miami throttled the Jets, 45-28. But, the play I'm talking about was a razzle-dazzle touchdown. On the 12-yard line, David Woodley pitches the ball out to Tony Nathan who sweeps right, stops dead in his tracks and lobs a pass to a streaking Woodley for a touchdown...amazing.

fishfan34 said:
The Hook and Lateral was by FAR the Greatest single play, even in a losing effort, that play was absolutely incredible.... You also left off the Nat Moore Whirly Bird hit he took against the Jets.. wasn't so much incredible as it was just fun to watch.. The Marino to Clayton Tipped pass against the Cowboys on Monday Night in 85 was a sweet play.. The fake spike was nice as well.. and the 52 yarder by Mare against Denver a couple of years ago after Elam hit the 55 yarder just a few seconds earlier.. but the greatest play was the Hook and Lateral.. There was so much about THAT play in THAT game that made it classic...

That denver game was one of the most exciting dolphins games ive seen, also the one against oakland when fiedler ran it in for the winning td with about 9 seconds left.

fisnfan0018 said:
That denver game was one of the most exciting dolphins games ive seen, also the one against oakland when fiedler ran it in for the winning td with about 9 seconds left.

There Fiedler wasn't so bad after all--the GL stand against the Falcons was impressive--not too many Defensive plays are mentioned--perhaps there should be one for offense and one for defense

You want defense...

Whitedolphin54 said:
There Fiedler wasn't so bad after all--the GL stand against the Falcons was impressive--not too many Defensive plays are mentioned--perhaps there should be one for offense and one for defense

Don't remember the year, but it was the 'Phins vs. KC with Christian Okoye - the Nigerian Nightmare - a fast 250# fullback when that was a rarity - trying to go between the guard/center. He had been running all over the league, and was going over the middle until John Offerdahl hit him straight up in the hole - and Okoye went backwards. Offerdahl was giving up between 15 and 20 pounds, and still knocked him back into his own backfield.

RevRick said:
Don't remember the year, but it was the 'Phins vs. KC with Christian Okoye - the Nigerian Nightmare - a fast 250# fullback when that was a rarity - trying to go between the guard/center. He had been running all over the league, and was going over the middle until John Offerdahl hit him straight up in the hole - and Okoye went backwards. Offerdahl was giving up between 15 and 20 pounds, and still knocked him back into his own backfield.

was that the play off game rev--i think i still have the highlights on tape, all be it only about 1/2 an hour--I will check over the next few days to see if that is the game

RevRick said:
Wasnt that Bryon Cox who made that hit? I know Cox punished as many people as he possibly could and I loved every minute of it.

Back
Top Bottom