Greatest single MIA plays | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greatest single MIA plays

My all time favorite play is Orande's one handed snag over the middle. It gives me chills everytime I see it. I truly felt Orande could have been one of the Dolphin Great's.... his career was cut way too short. And, he was way underappreciated in his day.

Lamar Smith TD against Colts. You could FEEL it building in the 4th Quarter. Some how, no matter what happened, you could tell..... this was HIS day. It seemed like nothing could stop him. He was a man possessed. I just felt it didn't matter what Indy did, HE was going to SCORE. When he burst through the line, something told me he was GONE! I was right there with most of you JUMPING UP AND DOWN and CHEERING.... it was like the last turn in the Kentucky Derby, you knew your horse was breaking away! TOUCHDOWN!

Fiedler's pass to Dedric Ward against Denver with a broken thumb. Later, in the press conferences, when Dedric said Jay TOLD HIM to get open because he was getting it.... made me reminisce of the days when Dan would lead comebacks and tell guys to get open because it was coming. The Denver comeback was truly one of the great games in Dolphin history. And, maybe Fiedler's best performances (not stats, but sheer grit and leadership).

Fiedler's TD run against the Raiders. Ironically, he juked out Trace Armstrong to get free for the score. Again, another one of those moments you KNEW nothing was gonna stop us from scoring. The Oakland and Denver games solidified my respect for Fiedler. Regardless of ability, his tenacity and never say die attitude always had my respect. A true "heart" player.

Dan's fake spike is up there, but not as high as other people have it.

I've always been a supporter of the underdog. Orande, Lamar and Jay were always true underdogs in my book. To see those guys rise above adversity, lack of talent and lack of coaching to give us some of the greatest moments in recent Phin history gains my respect for MY greatest moments.

Others are entitled to theirs.

My all-time favorite is the Fake Spike. Many thanks for MaxPower (I think that's his screen name) who sent me the DVD of that game. Other ones I really liked (and a lot have already been mentioned already), and I limit to the ones I actually saw live on TV:

--Pretty much any play in the last few minutes of the MNF game against New England last year, especially the two picks and Feeley to Thompson for the winner.
--Mare's game-winner at Denver in 2002 (well, pretty much the whole drive itself).
--Fiedler's game-winning dive against Oakland in 2001.
--Lamar Smith's game-winning TD romp against Indy in the play-offs after the 2000 season.
--Huard's game-winning TD to Gadsden at Indy in the 2000 season (highlighted by the play-by-play commentary by Phil Simms and Greg Gumbel, which went something like this): Miami is hurrying up to the line (Simms: "Now, no use hurrying up here, you still have two timeouts left") and Huard hits Gadsden in the endzone for the score (at which point the field mics pick up Leslie Sheppard running over to Gadsden and screaming at him, "That's what I'm talking about, *expletive*, that what I'm talking about!!") and then Simms and Gumbel start marveling at the way Gadsden kept his toes in-bounds.
--the game-winning TD by I think J.J. Johnson in the play-off game at Seattle after the 1999 season. Not so much the play itself, but more because it secured what turned out to be Dan the Man's final victory.
--Flutie's fumble to secure the play-off victory over Buffalo after the 1998 season. That was my freshman year of college and there was a really obnoxious Bills fan on my floor. Oh, that was sweet.....probably my all-time favorite Dolphins game ever.

Okay, I think I'll stop now. Good memories.....

not the greatest play....

but does anyone remember marino getting sacked/tacked

by ray lewis.... and then reaching up and grabbing his jersey ?

saj005 said:
not the greatest play....

but does anyone remember marino getting sacked/tacked

by ray lewis.... and then reaching up and grabbing his jersey ?

Are you sure that wasn't a guy on Pittsburgh? Like Lloyd or something like that? I seem to remember that happening, and Dan grabbed his jersey to say something to him, but he had the wind knocked out of him and so he couldn't talk.

The Fake Spike :evil: that is the one play that everyone remembers the Dolphins for. that was the beginning of the end for the jets, it took them 4 years to recover from that dagger :roflmao: :roflmao: :evil:

how bout that game against denver when jay got hurt and ray lucas came in the next game

that game was amazing and ended on like a 53 yard feild goal or something. that whole game was brutal and amazing and pretty much ended our season, but man, it was a great game

you're right DolphinzD.......... it was lloyd from pittsburg....
my bad.......... but it good to see the fight in Dan!

PhinPhreak said:
Tbuck

Don't watch Justa it will only hurt. :lol:

While it may not have been one of the greatest plays in Fins history, it was great in the fact that this was Jimmy's first year and the Fins were a bunch of rookies along with the fact that they had Craig Ericson at QB because Dan was injured. The Fins were not given a chance to beat the mighty Bills in Buffalo. To top it off the Fins completed the season sweep later that year.

To bad they missed out on the playoffs and the victories were hollow.

Goes to show it doesn't matter how good the teams are in the AFC East, a win is never a given.

That was awesome, the best part has to be the anouncers commentary.

zackattack54 said:
After watching the MIA/SD "greatest" playoff game on the NFL Network, I was wondering which single play sticks out as your favorite.

1 The Hook and lateral (SD)
2 The Spike (F the Jets)
3 Keith Byers TD run in snow against Dallas
4 Leon Lett Bumbling into ball (same game)

Least Favorite
1 Riggins running over Mcneal

I can agree with that!

# 1 I went nuts and woke my parents up!
# 2 Was at the game!
#4 My parents and wife were ticked because I jumped and knocked food off the Thanksgiving table!

Phinadict said:
1985 Monday night against the Bears. Marino throwing to Duper (I think) to preserve the Dolphins "undefeated season" and give the Bears their only blemish on a great season.

In the same game Marino through a pass which hit a defenders helmet and bounced into the arms of Clayton who waltzed into the end zone for a TD

One that sticks in my mind is when Dan through out wide to Jensen and then Jensen through into the Ez for a Td--cant remember who caught it though--Must have been mid 80's

the orande gadsen cath against sd
clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom