Greenwood starting days may be over. Eddie Moore has been given a chance to start. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Greenwood starting days may be over. Eddie Moore has been given a chance to start.

I'm not surprised....

Last year was OLB M. Greenwoods first year as a starter, and he didn't do all that well IMO. Bringing in another rookie this year at OLB to compete with M. Geenwood for the starting position, can only make things better IMO...

OLB E. Moore is just as good, if not better than M. Greenwood, and if he can grasp the defense quickly, he'll be an upgrade over M. Greenwood..

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:D

"You can't really make any plays while you're standing on the sideline," said Greenwood, who finished sixth on the team in tackles last season with 70. "But that's one of the things that comes with being a good defense and doing your job. This year, hopefully I can be incorporated in more of the nickel packages and third-down situations so I won't have to come off the field and can really make an impact."

I think he has a point but I hope the competition bring out the best out both players.

I seen greenwood play at his best when he is stopping the run or blitzing. Greenwood can't cover very well. I would take a pittsburgh guy over a syracuse player any day. I believe there is more football in Moore than Greenwood in the heart. You guys should read about him and his days in high school. Things that happened to him in college as well. Plus his athleticism is outstanding. He can cover like a free safety and can play like a linebacker and thus we will still see greenwood struggle but we will see moore succeed on the passing game.

Our linebackers are expected to cover the corners in the inside a lot and while Rodgers has done a good job in the inside, Greenwood hasn't. Greenwood also needs to start playing some smart football as well.

Why shouldn't we let Moore compete

for that job...nothing Morlon has done would indicate that he should definitely keep the job.

If Moore is better than Greenwood that's all good. We will have improve the OLB spot and add depth to the linebacker crew by demoting Greenwood.

Depth at LB is something that has been missing the last few years (Russell,Galyon,Hemdricks, ...)

Originally posted by Muck
Very interesting.

I'LL SAY!......Here's the most interesting part......
.......said Greenwood, who is set to become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Now someone want to tell me again why we shouldn't have drafted a LBer with our first pick????

Greenwood has been very good in short yardage situations, and I remember a few situations where he has succeeded in these (i.e. the Indy game). However, he hasn't done much in other situations. I think Greenwood has talent, hopefully a competition will bring out the best in him.

Except for Chambers

the 2001 draft was a disaster and could easily be pointed to as the reason we failed to make the playoffs.

Now we're watching DW take a mulligan on the situation.

I'd be happy to replace Greenwood, the probem is the #2 pick he cost us.

I'd be happy replacing Fletch or limiting his playing time, problem is the #1 pick we spent on him.

I'd like a better KR than Minor and I'd like to see Edwards or Henry step up so we'd have a legitimate #2 and I like the fact RW will be in on 3rd down this yr. Problem is we spent a #3 on him and were then forced to give up our 2002 #2 to get Greenwood.

Forgive me for not getting too excited about Moore and etc... but I'd like to see them play some real games before I do.

The last time we used the best of our resources to upgrade the defense when it was the offense that was in dire need (2001 draft) it cost us dearly. Here we are at square one again.

JS

I hope Moore is competitive and gets some playing time. But, I also hope the pressure on Greenwood will make him improve. I'd like to see Moore get a lot of PT on ST's - we are in some real need for some fast, hard hitting STer's - I think that's a big area. If Moore is getting a lot of starting reps early, he won't be as big on ST's. But, I do hope both are tough and improved.

At any rate, I'm glad there's more speed on O and D.

This article is stupid. ISn;t everyone on the team competing for a starting position??

I mean think about it?? It is PR spin to make the pick sound better.

Every player shows up at camp and is competing for a starting position.

Originally posted by fin-atic
This article is stupid. ISn;t everyone on the team competing for a starting position??

I mean think about it?? It is PR spin to make the pick sound better.

Every player shows up at camp and is competing for a starting position.

Fin-atic, I gotta disagree. Yes, in theory, everyone is competing for a job but really now, do you think Travis Minor is going to win the starting job from Ricky Williams barring any injuries occuring? No. The fact that they took time to publicly admit that the position was open speaks volumes about not only what they feel they have in Moore, but also what they feel they don't have in Greenwood. I admit, I am skeptical about Moore coming in and starting right away as I hadn't really heard or followed him in college, but everything I have heard from media outlets has been good, so why am I to believe otherwise?

They did this last year too with the offensive line. They opened it up to the top five best players, regardless of positon. What did that produce? It produced a league leading rusher and Pro Bowl MVP. Perhaps something similar could happen in this competition? Whether it be Greenwood or Moore, hopefully the play at strongside linebacker picks up this season.

what did you guys expect? He is our second round draft choice, noone drafts people in the 2nd to exclusively play ST and not even compete for a starting job.

Guys to put a gap on this subject, pre-season will be a big judgement for moore and its where spots like these are fixed quickly. Agunleye gained his role as a starting end because he had 8 sacks in 4 games.

Back
Top Bottom