Gregg Williams Anyone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gregg Williams Anyone?

foozool13

#12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Im just wondering why we havn't even brought him in for interviews given that we are clearly looking for defenseive head coaches. The guy can clearly coach and he has done great for the Browns in the short term. Im surprised they arent even considering it.

What am I missing abou the guy?

Well we are interviewing the guy from the Saints (Dennis Allen) who had a good year, but not the guy from the Colts (Eberflus) or the guy from the Ravens (Wink Martindale) and I was impressed with all three defenses and what the coaches did with their talent. Then to add insult to injury, we cancelled the interview with Vic Fangio, who has demonstrated dominance teaching and coaching defenses for a long time. Clearly we're looking for more than just a talented DC. Not sure we're being smart about it, but for whatever reason, they want something else that they haven't articulated to us.

Id love some Gregg Williams.

But he's got a dirty past that has kinda followed him. The browns reportedly gave him the interim job as a "favor" bc it was pretty much acknowledged that league wide ge woulde never get a chance again. He showed pretty well

Id love him here though. If you thought gase was an alpha personality, lol. It doesn't get more die hard than Gregg Williams

They showed it in hard knocks this year, whenever he would have his defense break down they would say, "come get some b_!tch" on 3. I love it

bounty gate dude? pass...

“We’ve got to do everything in the world to make sure we kill Frank Gore’s head,” Williams told the players.

Gregg Williams has done an excellent job with the Browns and they should just hire him as HC and be done with it. I have a feeling they are waiting for the Patriots season to end and make Josh McDaniels the next HC.

James laurinitis who played LB under Gregg Williams has a radio show here in Ohio, he has awesome insight about Gregg Williams and nick foles during his dark days.

He says that Williams used to "start" game days on Saturday and would sleep on a cot in the team office. He's a different breed

There are some "high minded" touchy, feely guys here who are against Big Bad Gregg and don't want him because he makes them clutch their pearls but I'd take him in a heartbeat...he's EXACTLY what we need on this team.

Oh..and before I get flamed by said Williams detractors, what about that whole "he served his penalty and debt for wrongdoing" thingy?....or does that only work for violent criminals let out of prison or others who have made mistakes and paid the requisite penalty for them???

There are some "high minded" touchy, feely guys here who are against Big Bad Gregg and don't want him because he makes them clutch their pearls but I'd take him in a heartbeat...he's EXACTLY what we need on this team.

Oh..and before I get flamed by said Williams detractors, what about that whole "he served his penalty and debt for wrongdoing" thingy?....or does that only work for violent criminals let out of prison or others who have made mistakes and paid the requisite penalty for them???

Lol. I too find it funny that this guy should never get a shot again, but if you hit women there's a second chance as long as you can produce on the football field. People are twisted

Saw someone campaigning we sign Kareem hunt the other day

I'd be down with Bountygate.

Many people say that Gregg Williams was a failure in Buffalo and we shouldn't hire him. I would respond by saying that the guy who coached in Buffalo was Gregg Williams. This lovable, non-threatening, respected individual:

VGOffNp.png

"I coach defense according to the NFL rulebook."

But we'd be hiring Bountygate. This guy. This effing guy:

pqup6OY.png

"I coach whatever the **** I want."

I'm down.

How bad are we that we are hoping for the Browns' scraps?

Back
Top Bottom