Grier and the Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier and the Draft

How do you know they were picked too high? Do you have inside information on all 32 teams draft boards? If so please start posting more in the draft forum you must have so much to share.
im not sure, im gonna go out on a limb though and say that we have seen 10 games-more than half a season of film. Where other teams had these guys ranked is irrelevant being as that we picked them and as mentioned, are 10 games into the season.

nope they are busts because 2 of the 3 were picked far too high by a below average GM.

im not sure, im gonna go out on a limb though and say that we have seen 10 games-more than half a season of film. Where other teams had these guys ranked is irrelevant being as that we picked them and as mentioned, are 10 games into the season.

If where other teams had these guys ranked is irrelevant then why did say they were picked too high? When you insinuated that they were picked too high you that must mean you have inside information that the rest of us aren't privy to.

If where other teams had these guys ranked is irrelevant then why did say they were picked too high? When you insinuated that they were picked too high you that must mean you have inside information that the rest of us aren't privy to.
Since you asked me the same question twice with different wording ,allow me to answer twice with different wording. We took the highest rated tackle on OUR board , because we were dead set on taking a tackle with our 2nd first rounder. And again the Noah pick , I don’t think you need me to go into detail with that one. It doesn’t bring me joy to point out the Dolphins shortcomings. We both root for the same team.

Tua has 1 weapon 1 and that's it.
Jackson was going vs Bradley Chubb for **** sake.
Noah the verdict is out.CB some say is the hardest transition from college to pro.
Today he was awful yes but my criticism towards Jackson has been almost every game he has played. He has either been serviceable -pretty solid to out of place. Not ok for a first round pick

Today he was awful yes but my criticism towards Jackson has been almost every game he has played. He has either been serviceable -pretty solid to out of place. Not ok for a first round pick
Honestly I think has played good.Soory you think every damn player we draft should be instant pro bowlers.
Give Tua a few more players that actually scare defenses and life will get easier for some.
Flowers has done Jackson no favors at this pt.

So we have 3 first round picks, a chance to change our team for years to come. 3 first round picks think about that.
Tua- Looks pretty good, some alarming things but 3-1 record with pedestrian stats
Austin Jackson-Forced pick because we were dead set on a tackle, so we literally took the highest graded tackle left on our board. He is not good period. Rookie or not, you can't end up on your *** that many times in a game (and it happens often).
Iggy- We treated this like a luxury pick and paid for it. Looks like he doesn't belong on defense and is unplayable.

This doesn't include the two other lineman we picked who we can generously call projects at this point but i will venmo everyone on this board $20 if Kindley turns into anything.

So my point is im done giving Grier a free pass, he blew a once in a lifetime opportunity with three first round picks. Not like we could have used a Wr like Jefferson or anything right?
I love how you seem to have insight into the FO's thinking. You also sound like the same analyst who thought Wilkins was a wasted pick. Who remind you was turning into an impact player this year before being put on the covid-19 list.

Truth is you have absolutely no credibility to question Jackson or Iggy. Jackson had 1 sack allowed prior to today, and they'll credit another one against him today. He has 1 holding penalty on the year too, so he isn't grabbing onto guys for dear life. 2 blown blocks on 199 passing attempts, and 4 blown blocks and 2 stuffs on 130 rushing attempts. That's not great and he has room to improve but it's far from terrible. Everyone knows that Jackson needs to get stronger and I fully expect him to do that in the offseason.

Noah has a lot to prove , but such a limited sample size tells you nothing about the player he can become. He has just about 100 less defensive snaps than Needham and has not played very much since having to start in the beginning of the year. Kid has the tools to become a great defensive player for us, not going to judge him or anyone off essentially half a season.

All these guys are rookies, it takes time to develop them. We've managed to go 6-4 with a bunch of them having to start in major roles. I'm encouraged by what I've seen and I think your hilariously dead wrong on all your takes.

Last edited:
What NEEDS to happen next draft is this

1st round
1A: Parsons LB
This will help shore up with ILB position bc obviously this team needs someone who can not only help this run D but can also get after the QB.

1B: trade for Jamar Chase. Use our 1B as well as 2B and a 4th to move back into the top 10 to shore up that WR position. Chase paired with Parker will give us a good 1/2 punch

2A: Najee Harris. Clearly we all agree we need a RB and a quality one at that. Ahmed has been a good surprise but he lacks the size.

3: DT Slaton from UF. Dude is a beast at 340lbs and can help clog up that line to stuff the run. That also helps free up Parsons to make plays.

this would be my dream draft and would help shore up some of our biggest holes

How about finding Van Ginkel in round 5 who is starting to look like a star? or Raekwon Davis whose been a solid starter in round 2, or the free agent signings he made that completely transformed the defense? If your going to evaluate Grier at least be objective. Grier could miss on both the Jackson and Igbo picks and I mean both be total busts and still have one of the most impressive offseasons by a dolphins GM ever.

How do you know they were picked too high? Do you have inside information on all 32 teams draft boards? If so please start posting more in the draft forum you must have so much to share.
I mean there is pretty much a consensus between so called 'experts' on 1st rnd / high 2nd rnd draft picks. So admittedly based on just that (I'm no guru) I was like WTF when both those picks were made.

Totally agree. Every team has different value.

So we have 3 first round picks, a chance to change our team for years to come. 3 first round picks think about that.
Tua- Looks pretty good, some alarming things but 3-1 record with pedestrian stats
Austin Jackson-Forced pick because we were dead set on a tackle, so we literally took the highest graded tackle left on our board. He is not good period. Rookie or not, you can't end up on your *** that many times in a game (and it happens often).
Iggy- We treated this like a luxury pick and paid for it. Looks like he doesn't belong on defense and is unplayable.

This doesn't include the two other lineman we picked who we can generously call projects at this point but i will venmo everyone on this board $20 if Kindley turns into anything.

So my point is im done giving Grier a free pass, he blew a once in a lifetime opportunity with three first round picks. Not like we could have used a Wr like Jefferson or anything right?
14800067-3FAE-4D15-97D8-7F1F93124C1E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom