Grier and the Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grier and the Draft

The way things had been trending with X Howard pushed us into the Noah Igby pick. The injuries and his cap hit made us have to use an early pick at CB. He is young and not big so his experience going into year 2 will have to be a factor in him growing into a solid CB2. But Howard returning to Prime Form was a delightful surprise that makes Igby seem more of a 'luxury' than he really was.

Both Noah and A Jackson were underclassmen getting their 'polish' at the NFL level but both are physically gifted enough to take their experience in 2020 and turn it into something that makes them assets for a long time.
In a 3-year rebuild, you shoot more for 'ceiling' than a higher floor.

I think when a team loses one game that they were favored on the road the franchise is doomed. Especially if it happens after a 5 game win streak. This is usually an indicator you have the wrong GM, HC, QB, RB, WR’s, TE’s, LT,LG, C, RG, RT, DE’s, DT’s, LB’s, CB’s and safeties. Probably have the wrong kicker and punter too. I’m really not sure where the team can go from here. This also usually means you won’t win again taht season.

Both Noah and A Jackson were underclassmen getting their 'polish' at the NFL level but both are physically gifted enough to take their experience in 2020 and turn it into something that makes them assets for a long time.
In a 3-year rebuild, you shoot more for 'ceiling' than a higher floor.
Howard is pretty much the best player on the team and even if he plays 16 games the forum will be littered with threads about moving on from him this offseason simply because of the money and we drafted Iggy. Folks act like they pay players out of their pockets.

To be fair, it was one cluster fvck after another since Mario retired. I am still watching.
It was just as many cluster-Fs when Marino was here? How many of Marino's seasons were legit SuperBowl Contender rosters? 4? That's all I can count. The 2 early years and 92 and 94. All the other teams were terribly-flawed. The 90s Bills were way better teams than us. Our late-80s teams were total trash as well.
The Dolphins failed Football 101 almost every year of Marino's tenure. Couldnt run or stop the run on D.

Howard is pretty much the best player on the team and even if he plays 16 games the forum will be littered with threads about moving on from him this offseason simply because of the money and we drafted Iggy. Folks act like they pay players out of their pockets.
Coming into 2020, Howard was banged up and expensive from a cap standpoint. We're lucky he's been as good as he has. My point is CB at the spot Igby was taken was not a 'luxury'.

The salary cap is constantly forcing teams to replace veterans with youngsters and hope they dont lose quality in the exchange, especially when said veteran has injuries piling up.

Coming into 2020, Howard was banged up and expensive from a cap standpoint. We're lucky he's been as good as he has. My point is CB at the spot Igby was taken was not a 'luxury'.
I agree but that shouldn’t be next offseason assuming he stays heathy. We should ride the Howard/Jones train for as long as possible and not worry about where we spent a pick. They should train Iggy for the slot.

Austin Jackson could be considered a reach, but his potential for development was worthy of that pick.

We knew he was raw, and needed refining. He wasn't sold as a Jake Long prospect. He's playing the hardest OL position as a 21 year old rookie. And is coming off an injury

Tyron Smith didn't look like the future HOF Smith his first couple of years in Dallas. Guys take time to develop.

Not saying he's immune from criticism but he's going to have his ups and downs. Hopefully more ups going into next year and hopefully a real offseason to train/develop.

Not all rookies are the same. Herbert has been starting longer than Tua. They are all going to have bad games.

It isn't just Herbert though. Burrow was also playing well. And a host of other QBs before this season who started off doing well..

I'm a big Tua fan but he needs to improve. Besides the Arizona game, his performances aren't awe inspiring.

Jackson was said to need a year. He’s already shown flashes of top quality play.

solomon kindley? Nothing for that steal?

igby was said to need a year all along

Tua was concerning yesterday. He was shook from the beginning and never got right.

I don’t think it’s a sign of things to come for the kid but rather a reality check. He needs receivers that can separate in the worst way. He was double clutching and not trusting what he saw all game. I don’t blame him as a bunch of his completions were to an extremely well covered DVP. He was trying to throw to jakeem grant like grant was tyreek hill. Tua is trying to trust grant and make some big plays but 1) Tua isn’t throwing perfect balls, thinks grant is faster than he is and 2) grant just isn’t the worlds most instinctive WR. I can see it improving w/ time but grant is just slow getting a jump on all these improvised throws the two are trying to connect on. Tua is trusting him like he’s tyreek hill and jalyn waddle.

im not passing up Micah parsons should be be available to us but Devonta smith has to be 1b. Sharpie, all caps, underline. Get that kid in the door. Tua would love Albert Wilson.

Love the optimism but can you tell me other than PFF rankings what you have seen in Jackson to say he is a standout? I dont see it, just curious, not trying to troll.
Bull$nap.. Go find another team to troll.

Since you asked me the same question twice with different wording ,allow me to answer twice with different wording. We took the highest rated tackle on OUR board , because we were dead set on taking a tackle with our 2nd first rounder. And again the Noah pick , I don’t think you need me to go into detail with that one. It doesn’t bring me joy to point out the Dolphins shortcomings. We both root for the same team.
I like what Jackson has been doing. But since you think they where dead set on taking a tackle with the 2nd first rounder. IMHO if the Cowboys don’t take Lamb the pick before he is likely a Dolphin today. As good as Jackson has been Lamb would of been to much of a value to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom